Oppa!

She's Ahn Yo Na.

 

“Oppa! I’m going to go to you now!”  she screamed at my face as i felt my body tremble.

 

Why am i trembling? Well that is because of her and no, it’s not the flutters. I am honestly and completely bat scared of this woman. Why? Because she’s Ahn Yo Na. And as much as i hate this fact, I, Oh Ri On is her most beloved boyfriend.Yes, i’m tearing up a bit. 

 

It all happened too fast, too quickly like usual. She was never the type to take the time, in fact she is scared of it. She believed that the time is her enemy, that she is always short of it. And she always pushes herself to me, like I would just disappear into thin air at times; which is quite plausible since it happened before. But back to the topic, why was i trembling. 

 

I was on my way back. The trip to the bookstore was satisfying since my new one-shot novel was selling like hotcakes ever since Kill me heal me. It was good to write another thriller book and as i expected, a lot of my fans were pretty excited. 3000 books were sold on the first month, oh gosh. I’ll be honest, i was loaded. Yes, filthy rich if you don’t mind. And i thought that i would buy myself a new chair, the one i had was broken. Why? 

 

Ahn Yo na. That’s why. 

 

It was on a Friday night, 11.50 pm. I was busy writing, trying to be in the in the killer mood so that my writing translate perfectly. However, of course my phone was ringing like hell. It vibrated continuously for about three hours, with a half an hour break intervals. I was going mad, Yo Na too i guessed. Judging from the sheer numbers of text she sent; yep total psycho mode. But not tonight, I figured. Nope, that night, i was writing a crucial plot point and i CANNOT be bothered by her nonsense. 

 

Suddenly, the ringing stopped. Ahn Yo Na stopped. I felt a deep, disturbing tug in my belly, signalling a red sign along with loud sirens in my head. It was awfully quiet, and it was awfully weird. She never gives up. I picked up my phone and scrolled through her angry texts, goosebumps occasionally running down my back as i read her threats. One caught my attention, the last one she sent about 40 minutes ago. 

“Oppa. I don’t care. I’m coming over.” 

My heart stopped as I read it, a very very familiar chilliness brushing my back. Oh.Mai.Gad

I ran down the stairs, ignored Ri Jin’s jabbering about her chaebol boyfriend and swiftly locked the door. Each and every one of it, as a wave of relief swept me over. I made it. I breathed out slowly, feeling blood rushing down my feet again and went upstairs. I opened the door, and the moment i did…

 

“Oppa!” 

 

I teared up even before i could think of it.“E…Eo. You’re here.” i answered, trying to sound like a man and not a like a scared little bunny who faced the big, scary wolf. I sniffed my devastation away as I sat down and let loose on my chair. I waited for her words and for a moment, it was silent. “Oppa, why didn’t you answer my calls?” she asked, hands folded to show the aggression that was sufficiently expressed by her pouty, red lips.

 

“I was writing, Yo Na-ya.” calm, i needed to stay calm.

“Then why didn’t you answer my texts? You should at least responded!” she screamed a little.

“Yo Na-ya, I’m rea..”

“Oppa is always like this! Like Yo Na don’t matter! Like you hate me!” she shrieked, her whiny voice bouncing off the walls. 

“Oppa.” 

“Wae…” i answered, calmly.

“Why aren’t you looking at me huh? Do you have a death wish or something?” Her voice stayed low, still it slipped into my ears like a roar. Oh no. Not the ‘Death wish’ again. I quickly turned around when i saw her running with her arms spread, into me. Crack goes the base of my chair as we tumbled down the floor as I screamed like a ten year old girl scout while she fell on top of me. “AHN YOOOOO NA!!!!!” 

Finally, a manly scream as i felt her jerk with surprise. But it lasted only a second as a devious smile settled on her face, “Oppaaaaaaa” she called me in the cheesiest manner i could imagine. 

 

“My Ri On oppaaaaa.” she called again, this time her face coming closer and closer to mine. Her lips grew tout and soon enough, it was all swelled forward and puckered up for my lips. “Aish” I pushed her away, heaving her like she was one of my weight training apparatus. Ahn Yo Na is lean, but my lord, she felt like gravity on top of me. “Oppa!” she whined the moment i managed to escape her death lock and stood up. 

 

“Yo Na-ya, oppa is very busy okay. I thought you wanted that pink lipgloss?” i asked her, being completely stern and strong; Oppa-like. 

“Uhmmmm” she nodded, her lips pursed with redness.

“Then YOU HAVE TO STOP BOTHERING ME WHILE I’M  DOING WORK!” my oppa-like coolness slipped into the air and i jumped like i’m ten year old all over again, crying for her to stop. To just stop. “Aishhh” I cursed out of habit as i saw her twinkling, sad eyes. 

 

Guilt slowly nibbled on my pride as I watched her starting to tear up; wiping her tears before it could touch her black mascara. “Yo Na.” I called, sounding more warm and collected than before. “Yo Na-ya, oppa…” 

“This mother^*=%@!. Whatever, go ahead and finish your lousy stories about your little sister. ic-ert!” she screamed and quickly, like the energetic lady she is, stormed out of Ssang Li in lightening speed. I let out a terrible, horrible gasp. ‘ic-ert’  that  word struck me like a lightning, straight into my guts. I was fried by her words, literally unable to fathom her insult as i felt my ears burned. Oh dear lord. “Eo, Oh Ri On! Are you okay?” I looked down to see Ri Jin’s worried face and her big puppy eyes, her arms gripping my waist firmly while she leaned up closer to my face. ic-ert.

“Ommmaaaa!” I pushed her away as i screamed my way downstairs; that insult chasing me like a ghost , haunting my every move. In the end, I stayed in the basement; the one place Ri Jin could not follow as I sat there and cried. Well not really crying, just…. Oh you know! Ahn Yo Na that little.

 

 

The next morning, i just when i went down to feed Ri Na; Ahn Yo Na was already by the gate, wearing her pink jacket and her favourite frilly skirt. A smile bloomed the moment i saw her as she looked so, so, so cold. Yes, what could i expect when she wore those short frilly things and just a layer of her bright pinky jacket. She looked pretty nervous, like she had made a mistake but that expression faded the moment she saw me, unfortunately. “Oppa” she called with her usual jolly voice. She stepped forward and paused, a flash of concern clouding her face as if she was not welcomed. “What are you doing? Hurry and come in before your oppas find out that you froze to death in front of my house.” her darkened face lit up like a spark, and so, that red lips of hers carved the biggest grin while she made her way inside of the house. 

“Okay oppa! I’m coming!!” her high pitched, little shriek sent shivers all the way down to my toes. 

 

So that is the story behind my broken chair. The one i loved with all my heart. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Yah Ahn Yo Na! I’m speaking right now, can you please show me some respect?” Chae Yeon demanded as she flipped her bobbed hair away. Yo Na simply rolled her eyes at the older woman as she rested her chin on her fingers, giving that lady a superior face. The sassiness overflowed within her despite her short, curly hair compared to Chae Yeon’s. She sniffed twice as the coldness bit into her skin as she waited for this woman to speak. “Unnie, Ri On oppa is dating me okay?” Yo Na explained calmly, the cynical tone of her high pitched voice annoying the latter. 

“Uh, well are sure? He barely looks at you and he trembles at the sight of your overly, pinkish lips.” Chas Yeon slashed back, insulting Yo Na’s lip colour as her insult.

 

For a moment, Yo Na seemed to have been beaten by her words, staying silent and looking completely astounded. Her lips trembled, the word ‘tremble’ was not really a just a joke. No, from afar, as i watched her; she looked like she knew that i had always trembled at her name. I was about to give up and break out from hiding behind Ssang Li’s door when Yo Na retorted,

“I know. At least he trembles for me. What does he ever do for you, a generous thank you and polite bow? Ha!” 

 

Her face carved the look of evil as her sharp words stabbed the elder in the face. Slayed.  A thought popped into my head, rising a question of why i felt somewhat proud. Shaking it off, i listened silently for an answer by the other woman, but she was speechless by Yo Na’s acrid statement. “So, whatever confidence you have on my oppa, drop it. Because he accepted me, not you. Stop dreaming you sissy wench.” triumph glowed on her supple white skin as she smiled devilishly at the latter. 

 

“You, I know that Ri On is Omega! If i can’t have him, you can’t too. Let’s die together, all three of us.” Chae Yeon stooped pretty low as disappointment swelled inside of me. What happened to this woman really? Where did that strong confidence go? She smiled victoriously seeing Yo Na’s wavering silence, as a satisfying sneer slipped from her lips. “Wow, for someone who had so much class, i adored you Chae Yeon-ssi. But seeing you like this, really proved that my decision was wrong.” I stepped in, looking straight into her overly lined eyes. “Go ahead and pop the bubble. But trust me, i have more on you that what you think you have on me. Slush funds and etc..” i smiled her calmly, reassuring her about all the resource i had in my hands. She flustered; red grew in her eyes as she turned away and walked to her car. 

 

“Oppa…” Yo Na called, concern lacing her voice sincerely. Now that was a first.

“Wae.” i answered, still putting up the cold, chic Oppa from Seoul act.

“Why did you do that? What if she tells everyone who you are, your Won Bin level of good looks… everyone is going to know!” she cried, pulling on my arm.

I nodded to her words and slipped free from her manly grip. Walking ahead with my hands stuffed in my comfy pockets, I noticed how she did not follow. It was a cold day, a very cold day but Ahn Yo Na stood in the middle of the road like it was summer. I looked at her, slightly worried. “Ah waeee. What are you doing now?” 

 

“I’m sad because my Oppa is angry at me. I should’ve swallowed that ’s insults instead of fighting back. Now Ri On oppa is paying the price!” tears gladly flowed down her cheeks as they grew deep red. She was sitting on the freezing road, hugging her knees as she wailed louder and louder.

 

“Ahn Yo Na! Come on, get up! You’ll get sick goddammit.” I tried lifting her, grabbing her arms and realising that my strength was lacking. “Ah yargh!” i screamed, feeling quite embarrassed. Now she’s practically bawling. Great. 

“Ahn Yo Na, get up and lets go into my room. I’ll make you some hot tea. I’ll count to two, and if you don’t get up, i’m calling Shin Se Gi.” i threatened her, waging my phone at her face.

“No! You can’t.  Se Gi oppa is gonna kill you.” she held my pants, shocking me as i worry they might just slid down by her sheer strength.

 

But i am a MAN. So, praying to god to keep the worst away, i backed up a bit just enough to drag her and free myself. She plopped face down on the ground and let go of my pants. Phew. That was too close. “One… Two…” 

“Okay, okay! I’ll get up! Aishhh, so annoying.” she kept cursing as she brushed her pink knee length socks off from dust and strode closer. “Oppa! I’m going to go to you now!”  she screamed at my face as i felt my body tremble.

 

 

 

 

“Oppa.” she called me again.

“Wae.” i answered, still looking down to my computer. It seemed like she didn’t mind it anymore; when i just answer coldly to her calls.

“Why aren’t you angry at me?” she asked, sipping her hot tea as i listened to her calm, rhythmic breath. I kept quiet, trying to form a sentence to answer perfectly for her question

“Because you’re you.” 

“Uhm?” she gasped, confused. 

 

“Well I don’t get angry at one person. And that’s Ahn Yo na. You.” Another gasp slipped from her berry lips, loud and high pitched. Happiness filled her voice, annoying and cheesy. 

But pretty damn cute. 

 

THEN I HEARD HER NEARING FOOTSTEPS. “Nope, sit down! I might not be angry, but i’m sure hell are scared of you.” 

 

“Oppaaaaaaaa”