Haunted

Haunted

I felt haunted. Haunted by you! 

__________________________________________________________________________________ 

I gathered the courage to divorce you after you finally confessed that you were cheating on me. My world shattered in front of my eyes that day. It's been a year already and I haven't gotten over you. Pathetic isn't it? But I just can't. My heart can't let you go and I feel miserable.  

I remember you cried that day and begged me not to leave you. You said that you would break up with her and that you would stay with me for ever and ever. But if you had really ment it, you wouldn't have cheated on me in the first place. And you know what hurts the most? That day, that you admitted that you were cheating, you went to her and tried to break up but in the end, you just slept with her again. Isn't it ironic? 

 

__________________________________________________________________________________ 

FLASHBACK... 

 

You came home earlier than usual and I wasn't expecting you. I was sitting on the floor in our bedroom, that we shared ,curled up into a ball and cried my heart out, the usual every day routine. I was in my wedding dress and next to me on the floor was our wedding picture. We looked so happy togethe. Where did the two people on that photo go? 

I didn't even hear that you came home or in our bedroom. You seemed so shocked and paniced. You rushed over to me and asked me what was wrong, why was I crying, you had all these questions and I had your answer - it was you. You did it to me and no one else. I looked up to you and smiled and welcomed you home. You looked at me like I was insane, maybe I was. You picked me up and layed on our bed. You finally asked me what was wrong. I looked at you and saw a glimpse of concern in your eyes. It was probably from crying. I was hallucinating. 

I told you everything, how I knew that you were cheating on me, when you were doing that. 

I told you everything. You looked like you just saw a ghost but it wasn't a ghost, it was simply the truth. You admitted that you were cheating on me. You told me everything. How you guys met trough friends, how you were tired of me beeing always around you and clinging on you. But you were crying while telling me everything. I thought why? You will finally get rid of me, you won't have to hide your relationship with her, you will be free of me and my clinginess.  

I told you that the divorce papers will come soon. I got up from the bed, went to our coset and started to pack my suitcases. You were crying, begging me not to go and you said, that you will go and break up with her right now. You ran out of the house and went to her place to break up, atleast that was what you had told me. You came back after couple of hours. I had already changed my clother and packed my suitcases. You came home and yet again you smelled of her.  

You told me that you had broken up with her, but I knew that that wasn't true. You told me one big lie and still was trying to make me believe the lie. I told you that the divorce papers will be in your mailbox tomorrow and that I will be gone forever. You got on your knees and begged for me to stay but I didn't listen to you and finally left you. That was the ast time I saw you so pitifull. 

 

END OF FLASHBACK..... 

__________________________________________________________________________________

 

Right now I am living with my mother. I am working in a company as a head assistant. I still haven't got over you but I will. Time heals wounds doesn't it? 

But the strangest thing is happening to me lately. I feel like someone is watching me. Like someone is following me. At first I thought that it was a stalker but then I realised it was Taemin. 

I thought that I am seeing things. I thought that I was really crazy and that I just missed him and couldn't get over the divorce. I woke up in the middle of the night and thought that someone was in my room watching me. Even my mother thought that I was crazy. I didn't know what to do. Everywhere I went I thought that he was there. Everywhere I went I saw him. I was so paranoid. 

__________________________________________________________________________________ 

"I am so tired." Thought you as you were leaving work and going home. "I need to take long, relaxing bath and get my mind off everything." You said to yourself as you were walking up to your house.  

You felt uncomfortable, like someone was behind you. You looked back and saw Taemin standing with his head hung down. His bangs were covering his face so you couldn't see his eyes or anything on his face. 

He looked up to you. "You weren't expecting me?" He asked while beeing amused. "Ofcourse not. What are you doing here?" You asked while beeing little scared of him. You didn't know what he could do to you in this state. His eyes were red, looked like he was crying a lot, he had bags under his eyes and his hair was pretty long. He looked awful. You felt sorry for him.

"Can't I visit my wife? Is that a crime?" He asked while emphasising the word "wife". 

"We are divorced Taemin. Go home. You have your girlfriend who is waiting for you at home." You said and sighed. You knew that something was off. He didn't look for you for a year and now all of a sudden he is here, in front of your house, in the dark with a creepy expression on his face. 

"I never divorced you babe. I never signed the papers. I never stopped loving you." He said while smiling and leaning forward, closer to your ear. "I never stopped seeing you in my dreams and following you." He came closer to you and whispered the last part in your ear. He was right, he never did sign the divorce papers. 

You swllowed hard and you were scared at this moment, but you were right. He was allways following you around. "Why? You were the one who cheated on me and you were the onewho said that I was too clingy. Why are you here, now and talking to me? You should be happy to be with the one you love, not with someone who isn't important to you." You said with anger and pain. 

"I guess I just finally realised that I have lost the most pecious thing in my life - you." He said with a hint of sadness. "I know I cheated on you and that in unforgiving. She just was something new and something outside of my comfortzone. She was something ugly and evil that made me go to her every weekend. I really hated myself for doing that to you. I just never thought that it would last so long. I just couldn't stop myself from seeing her. It was like she put a spell on me." He explained.

You never let him explain himself. You were yo scared of the truth.

"After you left, I did really break off everything with her. It was hard, but I did it. And that is when I actually realised that I missed you like carzy. I never thought that someone could have such an impact on anyone, but you really did drive me crazy. I thought that I was haunted, by you. I wanted to see you and feel you again. I wanted to come home and see your face again. I never did. That is when I started to follow you around. My friend told me that he saw you leaving your mothers house and that is how I found you." He said while looking into your eyes. He was really telling the truth. You could feel it. Even though he was cheating jerk, he was speaking truthfully now.

"I really felt like I was haunted by you. I couldn't think, eat, sleep without seeing you. You really made me crazy and you didn't even realise that. I think I am crazy right now telling you this adn standing in front of you. It just looks too good to be true. It feels like you aren't real. Like I couldn't even touch you right now." He said while taking your hand into his. "But at the same time I feel your touch and you are actually here." He said with a small smile. 

You didn't know what to say. You didn't think that he could suffer like that without you. "Taemin, I dodn't know what to say..." You said what you thought. 

"Don't say anything, I just like this feeling that you give me by standing in front of me. You really haunt me. You really do..." He said and looked into your eyes. Wasting no time and not wasting the perfect moment he leaned in and kissed youYou haven't felt his lips on your lips for a long, long time. This made your heart flutter.  

"I'm sorry. I shouldn't have done that." He said while beeing frantic. As mush as you were hurt by him you still loved him. You couldn't get over him after all. 

"It's okay Taemin. Calm down. I'm kind of happy that you did that." You said and smiled while looking at him. He was shocked. 

"Did you really. Atfer all that I had done to you?"  

"I havent't really gotten over you so I am happy that you did that." You sanswered. He suddenly hugged you. "You don't know how much it means to me. Thank you!" He said while hugging you. You hugged him back and enjoyed the moment. 

__________________________________________________________________________________ 

No one could predict that this is how it all ended. I havent't fully forgiven him, but I am on the right path of doing it and Taemin is trying his best to show how much he actually loves me. I think this tough moment in our lives just made us realise how much we loved each other. Nothing will be the same again, it will only get better from now on. Sometimes, beeing haunted can be a good thing.

 

 

 

 

.................................................................................................................................................................. 

Thank you for reading! Hope you liked it and I'm sorry for the mistakes! :))