Final.

you and me are the difference (between real love and the love on tv)

If there's anything Taehyung loves, its his job. He's been working at his friend Namjoon's dad's pet shop for a week and he's never been happier. He's in univeristy to become a vet and now he's got a part time job working with animals. It's almost like a dream come true.

 

Since he started working there, he'd already named six of the animals, much to Namjoon's dismay.

"Taehyung! You're not allowed to name the animals, or else you're going to get too attached to them!" Namjoon said to him when he announced that he had named two of the puppies in the store.

"What? No! I think they're a lot happier now that we don't just call them dog 1 and dog 2!" Taehyung argued, going over to the two puppies and wagging a finger at them.

"Isn't that right, Jiminie?" He had cooed at one of the little Welsh Corgi puppies in the pen.

Namjoon just shook his head in defeat, knowing well enough that he'd never get Taehyung to change his mind.

Now Taehyung has named a few other animals in the shop. Aside from Jimin the Welsh Corgi, he's also named the other puppy, a hyperactive Labradoodle, Hobi. But today's a special day because Namjoon had told him that they were finally adding to the aquarium pets. There would be new fish, some crabs, even some snails, but Taehyung was most excited for the turtles.

The day when the new pets came in Taehyung was bouncing off the walls with excitement. Even Rap Mon, the pet shop's resident Japanese Spitz, couldn't keep up with Taehyung as he ran from the delivery truck to the store.

When all the animals are settled into their respective tanks and aquariums, Taehyung sets out on his mission of naming all of them. He decides that the twelve new goldfish are to be named after all twelve members of EXO ("Hyung, it's OT12!" He wails to Namjoon), the frog is named Minho, and its just the tiny little turtle that's left unnamed.

The turtle is a lone Red Eared Slider barely bigger than Taehyung's palm and has taken a liking to biting at Taehyung's fingers.

"Huh... a Red Eared Slider that's a little anti-social, likes biting at my fingers, and is a little emo," Taheyung looks at the little thing and ponders on a good name for it, "I think I'll name you Jungkook."

Taehyung smiles, pleased with his decision. He drops a few pellets of turtle food into Jungkook the Turtle's tank before giving him one last look. "I promise to find you a nice loving owner who'll take care of you!" Taehyung promises with a large grin. "Jungkookie fighting!"

 

 

 

Jungkook's been thinking of getting a pet for a while now. Something easy to take care of, maybe a fish, or a hamster or something small like that. Jungkook has a pet dog but he was all the way back home in Busan and Jungkook is in Seoul for university. He's got his (moderately) big lonely dorm room all to himself and no one to share it with. 

His friend Yoongi recently bought himself little Welsh Corgi from his friend Namjoon's shop and Jungkook's been jealous ever since. Yoongi is always talking about his dog, posting pictures on Instagram of his dog, tweeting about his dog. It was always Jiminnie this, Jiminnie that. Jungkook was getting kind of lonely and wanted a pet of his own to Instagram and play with. 

Its a strange mix of loneliness and jealousy that drives Jungkook to visit the closest pet shop from his dorm on campus. It's a quaint shop called "Mr. Kim's Pet Shoppe & Supply" and Jungkook enters with one thing on his mind: he is going to come out of this shop with a pet. He is a man on a mission.

When he opens the door he's immediately greeted by a smell he thinks is unique to pet stores. It's a mix of dog food, mossy water, and animal piss, and he wonders how anyone can stand breathing in this air for too long. He tries not to pull a face as he heads towards an area where there are hamsters on display. 

Jungkook crouches to look at the little furry things closer and immediately loses his balance when someone walks up to him, surprising him with a loud greeting.

"Hi there! Welcome to Mr. Kim's Pet Shoppe & Supply! I'm Taehyung!" The person says, a large grin splitting his face and offering Jungkook a hand up.


, this dude's really cute, Jungkook thinks. 

Jungkook takes Taehyung's hand gingerly and dusts off the nonexistent dirt off his jeans, trying not to think about how soft this Taehyung dude's hand is.  "Thanks." he mutters, awkwardly rubbing the back of his neck, looking away from Taehyung's intense eye smile.

"No problem!" Taehyung waves off, "Is there any way I can help you out?"

Uh, yeah? Go out with me?

Jungkook clears his throat, avoiding all eye contact before answering, "Oh uh yeah, right! I was looking for a pet!" He says suddenly remembering why he came to the shop in the first place.

"Okay, I can help you out with that! What kind of pet were you thinking of?" Taehyung asks kindly, voice full of hospitality and general niceness.

"Uhm well, I live in a dorm right now, so probably something small?" Jungkook says, surveying the pet shop and just generally trying to avoid looking at the cute pet shop clerk. "Something low maintenance, so it isn't too difficult to deal with when I'm busy or whatever."

"Oh okay then! Well we still have ten out of twelve of EXO. Kris and Luhan were purchased a few days ago." Taehyung explains without batting an eye, and leading Jungkook to the fish tanks where nine gold fish were on display. "We also have eight hamsters available. Jessica was adopted this morning. But don't worry! All of TaeTiSeo is still here and are waiting to be adopted."

Jungkook looks at Taehyung, dumdfounded and trying to hold back laughter.

"Are all the animals in the shop named after celebrities?" He asks, his mouth breaking out into a smile.

"You bet your sweet they are!" Taehyung proudly announces. "I ran out of good original names after I tried to name the last litter of puppies and named half of them Soonshim."

Jungkook lets out a little chuckle as he follws Taehyung around the store to look at the animals. He rejects the idea of owning a fish named after an EXO member ("Taehyung-ssi, they're not hip-hop enough!") or Rap Frog Choi Minho, claiming he wanted a different kind of pet, he just wasn't sure what.

"Well, how about a turtle?" Taehyung suggests.

Jungkook thinks about it for a moment before asking, "Is taking care of a turtle easy?"

"Relatively so!" Taehyung hums as he leads Jungkook to where the pet shop's lone Red Eared Slider was, hiding underneath the mud. "This little fella's a bit anti-social. I like to think he's emo. He also likes to try and bite my fingers."

Taehyung lifts the little turtle out of the tank, grabs Jungkook's hand and places the little turtle on his palm.

"Hey! I think he likes you!" Taehyung exclaims, seeing the turtle coming out of its shell and taking small, tentative steps on Jungkook's palm.

Jungkook's attention, once to trained on Taehyung's perfect side profile, is now soley focused on the turtle on his palm.

"He's easy to take care of, pretty low maintenance, and he likes you!" Taehyung says, a bright wide smile on his face, "I think you should get him. His name is Jungkook!"

"Excuse me, what?" Jungkook says, finally looking up from the turtle to meet Taehyung's eyes.

"The turtle! He's not named after a celebrity! His name is Jungkook!" Taehyung giggles, "Though I do admit I did think about naming him G-Dragon for a second."

"Oh God, seriously?" Jungkook asks.

"Yeah, seriously! I don't think G-Dragon suits him very much. He's a bit too emo for a cool name like G-Dragon." Taehyung ponders.

"What?" Jungkook asks.

"What do you mean 'what'?" Taehyung responds, confused.

"What?" Jungkook reiterates, confused as well.

"Wh—"

"Okay, no. How on Earth is Jungkook an emo name?" Jungkook spits out.

"Well I don't know! I just though it'd suit him!" Taehyung tries to explain.

"I'm not emo, right?"

"Wait—what?" Taehyung asks, completely lost in the conversation. "I thought we were talking about Jungkook?"

"No, we're talking about me! I'm Jungkook!" Jungkook tries to explain, trying to be serious, but failing miserably with a tiny turtle in his right hand.

"No, the turtle is Jungkook." Taehyung says slowly, as if trying to make sure Jungkook understood each syllable, taking the turtle from Jungkook and placing it on his own outstretched palm.

"O-oh my God! No, me! My name is Jungkook too! Like the turtle!" Jugkook explains with a little exaspiration is his voice.

Taehyung looks at Jungkook the Turtle and then Jungkook the Cute Boy with the Big Nose, then back at Jungkook the Turtle who's come out of his shell and is attempting to bite his thumb.

"Oh my goodness! No way?! Jungkook! You're meant to be! Oh my God!" Taehyung exclaims, more to Jungkook the Turtle than to Jungkook the Cute Boy with the Big Nose.

Jungkook (The Cute Boy with the Big Nose) looks at Taehyung as if he's grown another head. Taehyung doesn't care much about the strange look he's getting when Jungkook the Turtle seems to have found his match!

"Please tell me you'll take our Jungkookie!" Taehyung says, bringing the turtle up to Jungkook's face and makes, what Jungkook assumes, is a puppy dog pout.

Jungkook hesitates and tries to weigh his options before saying anything. Eventually he relents, unable to say no to a cute face and pretends he's buying Jungkook the Turtle more for his (the turtle) sake and not because he wants to touch the cute pet store clerk's .

Jungkook goes through the motions and is eventually roped into spending two weeks worth of instant ramen money in order to afford Jungkook the Turtle what Taehyung says, "is the most perfect turtle paradise ever!"

He comes home to his dorm room with a turtle that's burning a hole in his pocket and the number of the pet shop clerk named Taehyung with a cute , and he thinks that maybe getting Jungkook the Turtle wasn't such a bad idea.

 

 

 

The rest of Taehyung's week goes normally. He goes to his classes, grabs a bite with Seokjin hyung, one of the TAs before work, feeds all the animals and checks the store's inventory, then he goes home and does his homework before bed. Its like that for a few days until the pet store gets another Red Eared Slider and suddenly he misses Jungkook (the turtle) and his equally cute owner. 

Taehyung is sitting by the till, doodling on the margins of one of his Zoology readings when the door opens and in comes Jungkook (he Cute Boy with the Big Nose) with Jungkook the turtle in a little travel tank in hand.

"Hey! Back so soon?" Taehyung asks, quickly getting up to greet Jungkook and his turtle.

"Hey, yeah I'm back!" Jungkook says with a little smile, awkwardly rubbing the back of his neck.

"Is there any way I can help you and Jungkookie out, is everything okay?" Taehyung asks, cooing at little Jungkookie and wagging a finger in front of the tiny turtle.

"Well uhm, yeah. I was wondering if the store has any more turtles?" Jungkook starts, "Its just that Jungkookie seems a little... I don't know, lonely?"

Taehyung's eyes light up as he grabs Jungkook's free hand and drags him to the tank Jungkook the turtle used to live in and points at the new turtle living there now.

"You're just in time! This lil fella came in this morning!" Taehyung exclaims, "I haven't given him a name yet, so you can name him yourself!"

Jungkook leans down and taps on the glass to get the other turtle's attention. He brings Jungkook's travel tank up to his face and says, "What do you say, Jungkookie? This one seems like a keeper."

Taehyung has to keep himself cool and tries not to squeal as he watches the the cute boy with the big nose talk to his turtle.

"I think Jungkookie's alright with this turtle. I'll take him." Jungkook says with a smile.

"Awesome! I'll ring you up and then I'll help you get your new turtle into Jungkook's travel tank." Taehyung says, going over the cashier to punch in Jungkook's purchase.

Jungkook is looking around the shop and all the other animals (theres one less gldfish in the tank and assumes that it must've been Tao who recently left) when Taehyung calls his name.

"I'm sorry what was that?" Jungkook says, cheeks flushing in embarrassment.

"I was just wondering what you were going to name your new turtle!" Taehyung says, tapping the plastic travel tank on the counter. 

Jungkook smiles a little before answering, "Jungkookie and I've thought about it, and we figured that his new partner should be named Taehyung."

"Aww! That's so cu—wait, what?" Taehyung stops himself midsentence before looking up at Jungkook who's giving him a sheepish smile.

"Well, yeah." Jungkook says shyly, "Doesn't 'Jungkook and Taehyung' sound good to you?"

 

Jungkook comes home to his dorm that night a few dollars less, one turtle more, and with a date with the pet shop clerk with a cute on Tuesday, and he thinks that maybe getting Jungkook the Turtle wasn't such a bad idea.


i dont even know what that was this literally happened because of a gif of taekook as turtles i'm trash

(i'm on twitter @taekookfluff)