End !

Memories Of The Sunflower

" always remember that day, keep running non-stop at village road, my long-straight hair were blown by the wind along with my skirt . was running to him. "

 

"Our first meeting was on the summer vacation, was 16 years old that time. Grandpa was sick so and my family back to our hometown to visit him."

 

------

 

" Wah... the scenery is so pretty , the air is also fresh than in Seoul." she stared at the place in awe .

 

 "Ji Yun you go first , we'll be with you later.." Mrs.Park said. 

 

"Nae ~" she answered short.

 

"Humm... I think this is the ward.." Ji Yun barged in the room, she saw a body was lying on the bed. 

 

"He's still sleeping?". She quietly stepping closer to the bed .

 

"Grandpa,your beloved grand-daughter is here~" she cheered hugging him lovingly..

 

"Huh??" the boy startled .

 

"Who is he?"

 

 "Oh , my grand-daughter come to me.." the boy teased-wanted to hug her..

 

Ji Yun was shocked so she accidentally slapped his face. The boy was dumbfounded for a moment . With eyes widen from the original size . 

 

Time seems to become slow motion that moment , realizing what she just did , she shouted..

 

"Ahhh...I SO SORRYY!!"

------

"You barged in to my ward, you wake me up from my beauty sleep,you even slapped me. What are you, mental?"

 

"I'm so sorry.." she apologized for her stupid mistake.

 

Seeing how sincere her eyes when she apologized , the boy said , "Okay fine , I forgive you.."

 

"I should go now.." she excused herself.

 

"Ehh , wait What's your name?" he asked. "I'm Park Ji Yun, you?" She answered and asked him back.

 

 " I'm Byun Baekhyun ,16 years old , its a pleasure to meet you.." he introduced himself-smiling to her using one of his infamous smile. Ji Yun blushed and walk away.

 

"He's kinda cute.." she blushed.

 

------

 

Next day,

 

"Oh, you came again? Beakhyun greeted Ji Yun with a warm smile.

 

" Hehehehe, I'm free so I decided to visit you.." she said , he could see the slightly red cheeks .

As she were about to seat next to 

Baekhyun he suddenly asked , "What's that?" pointed to her hands which holding a pile of books..

 

"Ohh, this is my homework, don't you go to school?" She asked him back. 

 

" I registered, but since I was a child I always stayed at hospital, so didn't go to school much.." he explained.

 

"So, he's quite in a serious condition." her gaze soften . "Ohh, in highschool they also make a research about growing sunflowers?" he asked. 

 

"No,no,no . that's not-" she stopped after he opened the next page. Beakhyun had no choice but to cracked at her awful painting.

 

"Haisshh!!" she hissed at him , blushing in embarrassment . "Opps~ sorry .." his hands were in the air , still chuckling . Ji Yun face was as red as tomato that moment , hugging tight the notebook..

 

Then , a nurse came in .

 

"It's time for your treatment, Beakhyun." the nurse named Miss Yuri said. Ji Yun got on her feet and walk straight to the exit door of Baekhyun's ward. She stopped for a while and turned around , "Can I visit you again?" she asked shyly. "Sure, Ji Yun.." he replied and gave her a warm smile . Ji Yun smiled back and left the ward..

------

"Hey, Baekhyun. Do you have something that you want to see?" Ji Yun asked him with her puppy eyes.

After a few moments of thinking , he replied , "No , I guess .. Why??" he asked curiously. "It's nothing.." she answered short.

 

" I heard that he's in a serious state from Miss Yuri , so I decided to stay by his side . I was wondering if he had anything he wants to see.. Maybe I can help him but he has nothing to see so , maybe something else.. He was sick but never forget to smile every time we talked . I wonder why.."

 

"Hah!" Ji Yun suddenly shouted making Baekhyun startled . "I have something do to , I want to check it out , so see ya.." she said, leaving Baekhyun dazed.

 

 "HAHAHAHAHA..She is so funny." he cracked. 

 

"Something I want to see, huh? hmm.." Baekhyun drown in his daydream . 

 

Ji Yun went back and get some sun flower seeds. "Woww..so many of them , I want to plant it outside of Beakhyun's ward,we can watch it bloom together next summer." she said while smiling happily . Ji Yun came back to the hospital and she suddenly stopped in front of Beakhyun's ward after hearing some coughs. She took a little peek and saw his hand full with blood. He coughed and coughed , harder and harder. Ji Yun's tears suddenly running through her cheeks . She ran as she slipped the sun flower seeds which spreading on the floor.

 

------

 

Each of every day being with Baekhyun making her life getting happier , his smiles touches the deepest part of her heart,  making your stomach felt like butterflies flying . At that moment , she realized that she already fall for him.

------
 
On the last day of summer vacation, Ji Yun visit Baekhyun for the last time. "Baekhyunnie..." she called his name dearly .. He hummed as a reply .. With a sad voice she spoke, "I don't want to leave you , I want to be here by your side . I want to be with you forever.." tears are running down her cheeks continuously . Baekhyun sighs and wiped her tears away with his shaky hand. He also don't want her to leave , he want Ji Yun to be by his side until the very end. But can what he do..He just can watch her go. He wrapped his hands around her slim waist , pulling her body nearer to his and giving her a soft kiss on her lips . "Farewell , Ji Yun-ah.." he said, giving her a weak smile. That time , she wanted to protest that she will not leave him but unfortunately no words came out from . How your heart broke into pieces . What she could do that moment was only wailed in his embrace .. 
 
" In the end, I didn't plant those sunflower seeds , and that was the last time I see him smile at me . I cried so hard along the way home. "
 
------
 
3 years later,
 
Ji Yun got back to her hometown to celebrate her Grandpa's 65th birthday.
 
" Nothing change here , I want to go to that place again .. "
 
Ji Yun begin to make her step to the hospital where everything started. "Oh My..Ji Yun, you've grown, come here I want show you something.." Miss Yuri greet her warmly.
 
" I heard he didn't make it to the next year's summer . I always thought how can I confessed to him like that .. "I don't want to leave youwant to be by your side forever.." . And that last part was the worst, Baekhyun know that it is impossible . That's why Baekhyun always do something that don't last long in his heart and mine.
Ji Yun's eyes started to get teary.
 
"Look at this place.." Miss Yuri tapped her shoulders from behind . As she lifted her head from staring at the ground .. How she was amazed by the garden full with blooming sunflowers.
"Baekhyun plant them himself , "I have something I want to see and I have someone that I want to watch it with.. he said" Miss Yuri said..
Ji Yun's teary eyes finally release her tears after years she kept that feeling. 
"Here, he asked me to pass this to you.." Miss Yuri said while giving her a letter.
 
-the letter-
 
To my dear Ji Yun,
 
By the time you read this letter I may not in this world anymore . I was so thankful that you confessed to me . I love you too,Ji Yun .I really do . Remember when you asked me if there was something I want to see ? At that time I couldn't think of anything but then I found some seeds at my doorstep and I saw you were running away , probably crying . That was when I finally figured out . And this is what I want to see .. No , this is what I want us to see .. But I'm gone now 
..But , I want you to continue living without me . Promise me you will stop crying because of me . I'll always watch you from up here Ji Yun-ah ~ We'll see each other in the other world.
 
Love, 
Byun Baekhyun.
 
Ji Yun couldn't stop crying . 
Those grief that bottled up in her heart finally cracked and broke into pieces as well as her heart .
 
She looked up to the sky .
 
" I want to be with you always, beside you where ever you are . Those shivering  lips that gave me a weak smile . Can you see Baekhyunnie..? I'll always remember where the blue sky smiles at me,running non-stop until I didn't catch my breath because I wanted to see you?On that special summer,where our story begins and on this sunflower garden where everything ended."
 
-THE END-