Chapter One.

To Get Her

Chapter One.

 

“Jongin," Suzy mumbled, as she fell on to her back. Jongin averted his attention from the horror movie that they were watching to look at his best friend. Her eyes were closed, her chest moving up and down as she breathed in and out. "I'm terrified."

 

Jongin stayed silent for a moment and just watched her still form. It was clear to him that she wasn't reffering to the horror movie that they were watching. She loved all things gore-y and morbid. Suzy was some sort of horror film junky, while he was the complete opposite. He hated scary movies, a fact only Suzy knew about him. Whenever she wanted to see a scary movie with him, he would always say 'no,' but then give into her a few seconds later. He had noticed for a while how she seemed the happiest when she was watching her monster films, so he would always give in and watch with her because she knew how happy it would make him. It had even became a habbit for him to take a few sideways glances at her while watching the horror film together. He would never admit it out loud, because he knew that Suzy would probably use it to her advantage, but her smiles made him weak. He would do anything to keep her smiling, so now looking at her scruntched up face, he wanted to know what was bugging her.

 

From the time when he had come to pick her up to now, Suzy had been Miss. Gloomy. When he had offered to buy her ice cream in the afternoon, she had declined, claiming that she wasn’t hungry. And if anyone knew Suzy, which Jongin did, one would know that Suzy never declined food.

 

“Alright Bae Suzy, what is it?” He asked, as he laid down next to her. “What is in that mind of yours that’s made you all pouty?”

 

Hesitating to answer his question, she turned her head to the side so that she was facing him. For as long as she knew Jongin, she could not quite understand the comfort his chocolate eyes brought her. His eyes would always hold hers as she would tell him her worries and problem. And whenever she was finish ranting about the world, she knew that when she would look at him in the eyes there would be no judgment. And in some sort of way, that is what made Jongin so special to Suzy. He was a special type of boy that was hard to find amongst over fourteen year old boys.

 

“I’m scared for the first day of school.” She whispered. It was quiet between the two of them, but Suzy didn't feel uncomfortable. She watched as Jongin pursed his lips together, something he would do when deep in thought.

 

After a few minutes he finally spoke. “Why are you worried? Just a few days ago you were excited about finally becoming a high school student.” He searched for her hands and clapsed her fingers with his. “Everything will be alright.”

 

Suzy shook her head to disagree with her best friend. She understood that he was trying to cheer her up with comforting words, but there wasn't much he could say that could reassure her of her problems. No matter how much Jongin tried, he would never understand her worries of being an outcast. Back in their middle school days, Jongin was the golden boy of their school. Every single student and teacher loved him. There was this aura to him that could attract so many people. "No, Jongin." Suzy said. "Nothing you can say this time will make me feel better."

 

"Then make me understand." Suzy shut her eyes as she tried to fight the oncoming tears that began to form at the corners of her eyes. She didn't want to cry, especially not in front of Jongin. She didn't want to worry him anymore than she has already. Jongin was such a good friend to her, always defending her, protecting her and listening to her problems. Unlike herself, she can't even think back to a time where she listened to Jongin's problem. She was a ty friend and it was only until recently did she realize that. And now that they were entering high school, it had dawned onto Suzy a few days ago that Jongin could replace her. What if Jongin ended up in a whole new crowd of friends and dropped her? The thought had terrified Suzy for the past two days.

 

"You are the golden boy." Jongin rolled his eyes at her words. This wasn't the first time that she had reffered to him by that nickname. And truth be told, he hate it. It made him feel like he was above everyone else, when he knew that he wasn't. He defintely didn't think that he was too good to be friends with Suzy. "You're so...you can make friends so easily." Her thoughts and words were all jumbled up and that knew she wasn't making any sense. "While I am the total opposite of you. I can't make friends as easily as you can. I'm weird, what if I don't fit in anywhere? What if I'm not good enough?"

 

She took a deep breath and tried to calm herself. "What I'm trying to say...what I want to say is, what if you don't want to be friends with me anymore?" The last of her words are barely audible, but Jongin heard her loud and clear.

 

“Suzy,” He waited for her to open her eyes before continuing on. “You will always be good enough, do you understand? And if people can't see that, it's there lost." He gave her hand a small squeeze. "I also want you to know that I will always be your friend, got that?" He held out his pinky for her to take.

 

“I’m keeping you to that promise Mr. Kim.” Suzy smiled, locking their pinky's together to form a promise. Jongin laughed, as he pushed himself off of the bed.

 

“Off to bed with you.” He said looking down at her. Suzy got up from the bed went to the bathroom to get ready for bed, while Jongin helped prepare the bed. He threw the decorative pillows onto the ground and made sure to create her pillow barrier to keep her from falling off the bed. When they were younger they would have sleepovers, it was at one of their sleepovers that he discovered that Suzy would always roll off of bed. To prevent this, he had created a pillow barrier, and ever since then Suzy has used them.

 

"Are you finished making my bed?" She asked, as she stepped outside of the bathroom. Jongin turned around with a smile and moved aside to show her his work.

 

"In you go." He said, as she snuggled into her blankets. He made sure to tuck her in tightly because he knew Suzy's sleeping preferences. Jongin laughed to himself realizing that they knew so much about each other.

 

"So you set?" Jongin asked, taking a step back to take in the fully covered girl in front of him. Suzy nodded, her eyes half shut. "Alright, I'll pick you up at 7AM, so be ready by then." He turned around and opened the window. Sticking one leg out, he took one more look at Suzy. "Goodnight." He whispered for disappearing into the darkness. Suzy rolled her eyes at his exist. There really was no reason for him to go out the window, he could have just gone through the front door like any normal boy. Her parents always knew whenever Jongin came over, so it wasn't like he need to sneak out either. She had asked him once about why he did this, according to him, he felt like some sort of badass sneaking into a girl's bedroom.

 

Getting out of her comfortble blanket wrap, she went to close her window. Before pulling the curtains over them, she saw Jongin climb the tree to get into his own room.

 

Walking over to her bedside table, she picked up her phone and went through her contacts and pressed the send button once she found Jongin's. After a few rings, the other side of the picked up.

 

"Goodnight loser." Suzy smiled, as she walked back to her window to look at the boy across from her. He was standing there waving back at her.

 

"Goodnight angel."

 

 

 

 


For some reason this chapter was so hard for me to write. I had written so many verisons for this, all ending differently from how this chapter turned out. I have to say though, that I'm pretty satisfied with this version of this chapter. Isn't Suzy's and Jongin's friendship amazing?

Honest feedback for next chapter.