I don't want it back. Gosh, just take it!

I Think We Hate Each Other

Remember that time when we were five and first met each other at the neighbourhood playground?

You freaking broke my favourite sand bucket handle and tried to convince me that it was still in working condition. 

You can still fill it with sand, right? You said. What kind of logic was that?

That doesn't change the fact that you broke it, you idiot! And I don't want it back!

 

 

Of course I remember! I was already feeling guilty and sorry about breaking it but you just had to make it worse.

Then you can have it. You said. What kind of attitude was that?

Do you even know how hard I cried when I got home, you stupid jerk? Will it kill you to just take that damn thing back?

 

 

And remember that time when we were seven and you took my eraser without permission?

It was a brand new Doraemon eraser and I wanted to keep it that way! Brand freaking new!

What happened to 'asking' before 'using'? Is that your right kind of attitude then, you idiot? It was ruined and I don't want it back!

 

 

Come on, that was so long ago and I remember asking you before taking it. It was you who didn't pay attention to what I was saying!

Who knew you are such a hoarder? It was just a eraser. It was meant to be used, not kept, framed up and stored in a safe.

Besides, I only used a tiny portion at the corner of the eraser and it still looked brand new, you stupid jerk! Take it back!

 

 

How about that time when we were eleven and I got you a sparkling pen for your birthday?

I saved up my snack money for a whole week for it! Do you know how little my allowance was then? 

How could you throw it back to me, you idiot? It was a gift and I don't want it back!

 

 

Please, we knew each other for 6 years by then. How long does it take to get through your thick skull that I like pink?

P.I.N.K. spells pink.

Blue was your colour and will always be your colour. I knew you like the pen anyway, you stupid jerk! Just take it!

 

 

Then there was that time when we were fourteen and I was walking home one day when you suddenly appear out of nowhere and drank my iced tea! 

I just bought it from the store and had barely a few sips from the cup!

What happened to boundaries? Can't you get your own cup, you idiot? You already drank half of it so you can just drink the rest of it, I don't want it back!

 

 

Seriously? How much was that iced tea? I will pay you back now so you can stop harping on it.

Did you even know I was running after you? I called your name but you were to engrossed in I-don't-know-what.

Of course I was thirsty after chasing you down the street under the hot sun.

I just didn't realise how much I drank and I didn't finish it, you stupid jerk. Take it back and have the rest!

 

 

When we were sixteen, you asked me desperately to borrow my scientific calculator, only to lend it to that oh-so-charming basketball captain? 

I seriously thought you had an emergency! I ran all the way to my locker at the other side of the school for it! 

So much for the effort. Couldn't he get his own from his friends? Why did you have to be the one asking around, you idiot? 

I don't want it back, who knows what kind of idiocy will he spread to me?

 

 

Stop being rude! He failed his midterms and had to retake the exams that afternoon!

He left his own at home and couldn't find his friends! He was on the verge of crying as failing it again will lose him his place on the team.

I was just being helpful, you stupid jerk! What's wrong with being nice? Are you implying that I am spreading idiocy too? Take that back!

 

 

Two years later, you borrowed my spare t-shirt because you forgot yours and you had activities in the afternoon.

You sweat all over it! Gosh, how disgusting was that, you idiot?

Thanks, you can have it. You look good in it anyway, I don't want it back.

 

 

It was a sports event! Let me brush up your biology. When you play sports, you sweat.

Besides, I washed it clean before returning it! It still smelled like you! What kind of a clean freak are you?

Take it back you stupid jerk. Just take it, damn it!

 

 

Remember the time when you turned twenty one and I got you a bracelet from the company that bears your name?

Ten years down the road and we were back to square one. What do you mean you can't take it?

I bought it for you! It's yours! What do you expect me to do? Return it?

Sigh, this idiot. I don't want it back.

 

 

How can I forget? That was too expensive. I still think it is.

Ten years down the road and you still don't get me? I just need you to keep me company on my birthday.

I don't need such expensive gift. We were still poor students!

Sigh, this stupid jerk. You should have returned it.

 

 

And here's my all time favourite. Remember the time when you kissed me under the stars?

That was so out of the blue. What were you thinking? Are you out of your mind?

Sigh, this idiot. I am not sure when you stole my heart away but I don't want it back.

 

 

Maybe it wasn't that out of the blue but I wasn't thinking then and was surely out of my mind.

Who in their right mind would kiss their best friend who is clearly a stupid jerk?

Sigh, this stupid jerk. You took my breath away.

 

 

I think we hate each other, my idiot.

 

I think so too, my stupid jerk.

 

 


 

Bonus:

 

By the way, I think you look damn gorgeous in my oversized shirt. Just wearing that shirt.

You should do it more often, my idiot. I don't want it back.

 

Why do you think I took it off you, my stupid jerk?

Take it back, wear it and we will see.

 


 

A/N: Is this consider fluff?