We are real

We are Jongkey and We are Together.

Author note: Hey everyone!!! I am finally done!!! yaay!!  Sorry i took so long blame my classes T^T... i was actually putting it up on sunday but it was my friend's bithday today! so this update! Happy Birthday Chingu(here is your present, like i promised)!!! and I have no idea what are you guys expecting or hoping... but here it is /fingers crossed/ SEE YOU GUYS AFTER THE STORY!!

 


 

It has almost been seven years since SHINee debuted and Key had enjoyed every second of it. He loved being in SHINee, and he loved to be with the four of them together, It was his family... no, much more than just a family. But...

 

He had known Jonghyun for more than eight years and he had this crush on him since forever and they had been dating for six years now. They both moved along into the same house two years ago, even Taemin left the dorm because he still couldn't find a way to confess Onew he liked him and so for now, only Onew and Minho were the ones living there. It wasn’t a bad thing since they were still together just not living together, well the fact that he and Jonghyun  started living separately was that the nights were a bit disturbing for the rest of the members and also they wanted to start as a new couple.

 

Almost everyone they knew, knew about both of them dating. Well almost the whole of SM knew about it too. Yes they did. Wasn’t it just too obvious between the two of them? Even most of the shawols believed so. In the beginning everyone liked to these the both of them but now they all looked at them like a cute old couple that never got old. But six years. Six years, three months, sixteen days, twenty-one hours, fifty-one minutes and a few seconds he supposed, he lost count to that. Yeah Kibum remembered it way too well. It isn't a small period of time.

 

It was all going too well, but Key wasn’t happy anymore, no, being with Jonghyun was what he used to dream of and now he was living his dream but he was a human too, and he was also greedy, there were things that he wanted too, he might have been with Jonghyun but only inside the four walls of the house. He really envied the couples when he went out saw them like shopping together, holding hands walking along, showing off to the world that they belonged to each other. Sometimes he felt like going to the top of the mountain and screaming out to that world that Kim Jonghyun belonged to him, and he belonged to Kim Jonghyun and how much he loved him. But that was something that was never gonna happen. They were celebrities and even if SM allowed them to go official (as if that was ever gonna happen), there would still be people who’d never accept them but Key didn’t care about those people, the only problem was SM.

 

This thought had been bugging him since months now and he hadn’t even shared it with Jonghyun, he didn’t want to worry him when they had a comeback just around the corner. They all had been so much busy, especially Jonghyun, he had been really busy after his solo and their schedules were also different. Mostly, he was out in some other city or maybe even country and Key had the same he was busy with other things. So they had no time, not even to talk to each other.

 

The thing was Key didn’t blame anyone for that but himself. That was the biggest problem. He always blamed himself for everything. He couldn't even celebrate Jonghyun’s birthday properly and he blamed himself for that too. Also, he missed Jonghyun so damn much; it had been so long since they had even kissed and spending night was just out of question. Key just tried to keep himself distracted with his work and he hadn’t even been eating well, the fans supposed he was on a diet but the truth was far from that, he didn’t even feel like eating and keeping aside the dance practises, all this thinking was making him lose weight, maybe he was stressed... he didn’t know.

 

At least the comeback had helped him, even though with all the members and in front of the camera, he was with Jonghyun. But after that Jonghyun had different schedules for the evening and so Key had to return to the empty house himself and then he waited for Jonghyun on the couch every day, like he was doing right now until he fell asleep there and then Jonghyun had to carry him to the bedroom later when he was home.

 

Jonghyun was busy, but it wasn’t like he didn’t miss Key, or didn’t want him anymore, he missed him as much as Key did, but he couldn't help it, every night he returned back to the with the slightest hope that Key would still be awake and they’d spent some quality time together but that didn’t happen and he wasn’t sad about that but at least he was satisfied over the fact that he could carry him till the room every night and watch him sleep in his embrace which was mesmerizing for him. He could just stare at his baby sleep till eternity.

 

Key’s health had been worrying him too but when he asked him, the reply he got was, “It's just because I am practising for long these days.” He knew something was up and Key wasn’t telling him and he couldn't help it either, because he tried asking him more than a million times and he said he was okay. He was sure that he wasn’t ok, and that something was really wrong but then he supposed that it might be the same thing that Jonghyun was going through. Maybe he was missing him too.

 

Jonghyun tried his best to finish up and return to their house a bit early but every time he came back, he only found Key lying in the same position on the couch, asleep. Sometimes he thought, might be tiring right? Waiting for someone every day and that the person never showed up?

 

But today was different, his radio show ended earlier than he expected and it was more than an hour early. He was really happy, he had almost forgotten that they had a concert and a comeback planned just in a month. They even had to shoot the MV and everything but right now he didn’t care about all that but him and Key. He was so happy; they were finally going to spend time together after so long. He was so excited, he didn’t know why. It wasn’t even their first time...so why? He laughed at his own stupid thought. Well, first or not, he was always excited to be with Key.

 

He didn’t even bother to park his car into the garage, which would make too much noise; he just left the car outside. He wanted to surprise him. Slowly, he opened the door, making as less noise he could while closing it behind him and around that time, he was sure Key would be in the kitchen, so without even bothering to check the living room just in front of him, he directly went towards the kitchen only to find it all empty.

 

Is he sleeping already? But isn't it early?

 

Jonghyun thought coming out of the kitchen to the living room when only he saw Key sleeping in the same position on the couch as every day still in the same clothes as he had seen him in the afternoon, so he hadn’t even changed and he always waited really long to fall asleep this early?

 

He went and sat next to him on the floor and looked at his face and smiled. Kim Kibum is so beautiful and he loves him so much, , he knew that already but every time he looked at him he felt a new feeling. Falling in love all over again as if for the first time... he smiled and was about to remove his brown-green locks from his eyes when Key popped his eyes open, “Mwo yah?”

 

Shocked and taken aback from the sudden unexpected action Jonghyun replied, “You almost scared me, I thought you were sleeping.”

 

“I was thinking. Anyway,” Key replied changing his tone to his nagging one before Jonghyun could ask what he so much was thinking about. “You’re late.”

 

That voice and that simple sentence, ‘you’re late’, Jonghyun missed it so damn much, he couldn't help but smile.

 

Not getting a reply that Key was expecting, he got up and sat on the couch and continued, “And can I know what the hell were you trying to do a few seconds ago, do you always do that while I am asleep?” Key asked making his voice sound a bit fake angry because knew that Jonghyun knew that something was up with him and he was trying to make sure to show him that he was normal and everything was fine which wasn’t.

 

Jonghyun chuckled and got up and sat next to him. He was so happy that Key was back to normal. And he bent closer to him and said making his voice sound a bit evil, “You have no idea what sort of ‘things’ I do to you while you are asleep.”

 

Jonghyun bent in and slightly pressed his lips onto the younger’s who felt the hairs at back of his neck erecting, caressing his forehead onto the other. “Really?” Key asked in middle of the kiss, clinging on the other’s neck kissing him back. Hell, they both missed it so much.

 

 “Uh-huh.” The elder replied in affirmation, kissing the younger’s lower lip slowly, making them red and lifting him from his waist and placing him onto his own lap, while the younger crossed his legs around the latter’s waist, trembling as he again felt the other’s hand back on his neck. The elder then moved his hands down from the younger’s neck to the centre of his collar bones reaching for the latter’s shirt’s button, still not breaking the kiss.

 

And all of a sudden, Key broke the kiss, and turned to the other direction, not directly facing the elder, still in his lap. That was enough of a signal for Jonghyun to understand that Key wanted him to stop but that actually made Jonghyun more worried. It wasn’t that Key didn’t want him anymore. He wanted him, right at that moment but he couldn't help it. A lot was going in his mind at that time.

 

“Key?” Jonghyun asked looking at Key with a concerned face, who was still not looking at anything in particular, biting his lip.

 

. What the hell...he just made it more obvious.

 

Jonghyun knew that now that all this time he had been running away that something was wrong with Key, was true. It wasn’t just the ‘missing thing’ that Jonghyun had been thinking. It was something else that Key had been hiding it from him. So instead of asking what was wrong he asked the most stupid question, “Are you oka—” of course he knew he wasn’t okay.

 

“I’m just tired.” The younger replied before Jonghyun could even finish.

 

LIE. Both of them knew that by now, but it wasn’t a complete lie either.

 

“Yah...you need to tell—” Jonghyun again started but this time he was interrupted by a sudden hug. The younger wrapped his arms against the elder’s body and buried his face into his chest.

 

That felt good. Jonghyun just let the topic go for some time and hugged him back. He knew that Key wasn’t okay but until they were together, they could make everything back to being okay.

 

Key was holding back his tears and his eyesight was already going blurry. He closed his eyes and again dug his face into Jonghyun’s chest. He loved it, loved being in those arms. It was his heaven and he knew he needed it. Both of them sat there on the couch for long, appreciating the moment of silence in each other’s arms.

 

Jonghyun hugged him back tight; he knew that the past few months had been tough. Although he didn’t know what had been making Key worried he promised him that he will try his best to make everything better. More than that, he loved the person next to him more than anything else in the world. And he also knew that that hug was also a cure for the both of them.

 

He finally felt something wet on his t-shirt and realised that Key had been crying all this while, silently to himself.

 

“Hey, hey, what’s wrong?” Jonghyun asked the same question, that he had been asking for the millionth time, breaking the hug. “What’s worrying you?”

 

It hurt him a lot, seeing those tears, seeing him cry, he felt his heart breaking into a million pieces every time he saw him like that. What hurt him more was that Key didn’t trust him enough to tell him what was wrong. Sometimes he felt that he was the only one who cared but right now, it wasn’t the best moment to think about something like that.

 

“Tell me, please.” Jonghyun asked again, adding a please this time, he didn’t knew what else to do, so that Key would tell him.

 

Sniffling, Key looked back at Jonghyun with watery eyes and started, “Jjong...” Jonghyun didn’t reply but instead looked back and waited for the other to continue. “Should we go... official?”

 

Wait...Official as in...? Jonghyun only used to dream about the day when he would be able to walk down the aisle with this one and only person he’d be able to call his husband, and that person would be no other than Kim Kibum. He had no idea this would come up like this. This was just so sudden. He actually thought he’d be the one to propose. Jonghyun fought a chuckle; Kibum could be so adorable sometimes. He was indirectly proposing him? Wah... Kim Kibum sure was different. He had been worried all this while about this.

 

“I mean... almost everyone knows about us.” Key said. “Let’s announce our relationship... even to the fans.”

 

“Announce?” Jonghyun asked a bit disappointed, so he meant it that way and he thought... anyway, now he understood what was all this about.

 

Key caught the disappointment in his tone and said, “I know I am just stupid, I don’t know what kind of useless I keep thinking of these days... just forget what I said I’m just—”

 

Key was interrupted by the sudden kiss. Jonghyun was kissing him. Key didn’t know what that was for but he just kissed him back this time.

 

“It’s okay.” Jonghyun replied when he was finished kissing. “We’ll go to the dorm next morning and talk to the others about this, so calm down for now and you do not think useless .”

 

“You mean?” Key still couldn’t believe that Jonghyun was ready for this. “But what about SM and SHINee, what if—”

 

“It’s okay. We will see what we can do so don’t worry and rest. We can do this. Together.” Jonghyun replied smiling. Well, Jonghyun was taking his imagination a bit too far but this didn’t sound as a bad idea either. But now the question was how were they gonna do it?

 

The younger just smiled at him and hugged him once again. He was feeling much better now. Sometimes he thought how did Jonghyun made him feel better just with a few words?

 

“Did you eat anything?” Jonghyun asked the younger who was still in his lap. The younger just shook his head.

 

“What would you like?” Jonghyun asked. “I will cook today.”

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

“Hyung, you both aren't serious...are you?” Taemin asked when he heard what the couple had to say.

 

“If you both are determined to do it then... I am with you.” Minho replied giving the two of them a thumps up.

 

“Wait what? You both are really serious?” Taemin asked once again.

 

“It’s a huge step, did you talk to manager hyung or SM?” Jinki asked, he wasn’t surprised about this at all.

 

“Ani... We’ll directly talk to Lee Sooman-ssi.” Jonghyun replied.

 

“That’d be better. Anyway, I am really happy for the both of you.” Onew looked at the both of them with his cutest expression and then looked at the maknae who was still silent. “Taemin, won't you say something?”

 

“Yah! I thought you would be the happiest one.” Key asked looking at the maknae, who was still lost in his own world.

 

“Hyung, I am so happy. But never thought that this day will come up so soon and I don’t know how to react, when are you guys getting married then?” Taemin asked the couple, who did nothing but stare back.

 

“Yah!” Key shouted, “We haven’t thought about that yet.”

 

“Key is right, sometimes you think a lot.” Jonghyun said, laughing.

 

“I mean like after you go official who knows after a month or two we might get the news of Key hyung getting preg—” The leader covered the maknae’s mouth before he could finish. This maknae was a trouble sometimes.

 

The couple looked at the maknae with their most dumbstruck expression ever. And before they could even recover,

 

“Well, who knows... it might be true though.” Minho said, out of the blue, shrugging.

 

“YAH!” Key shouted at the both of them. “DO YOU WANNA DIE?”

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

Jonghyun and Key returned back to the dorm with expressionless faces. They had gone to visit Lee Sooman, whom they had to talk about going ‘official’ because it all depended onto him if he was gonna allow them to do that or not. He knew about the both of them and he was okay with it until they kept it a secret and by doing this they were going against what they had promised him earlier and so they had to talk to him about that if they didn’t want to get kicked out of SM or SHINee. Well, their contract was expiring this year and this mattered more because if they did something wrong they wouldn't even get a chance to renew the contract and they didn’t want SHINee to be finished just like that, they wanted to continue being SHINee.  So they had to do or say everything very carefully.

 

The three of them had been biting their nails off while waiting for the two of them to return. And as soon as they did, they were surrounded by a million questions put forward by the three of them. The two actually had to make them sit silently on the couch to speak what happened earlier.

 

“Hyung, we are silent. We are seated. Are you gonna tell us now!?” Taemin asked, biting his lips in nervousness.

 

Jonghyun opened his mouth to speak but only got interrupted by Minho, “Tell us already, or wanna kill us out of curiosity or what?!”

 

“Yah, he was just about to say and you interrupted him. You know that?” Onew said.

 

“So he should tell now hyung!” the maknae shouted.

 

“HE SAID WE CAN’T DO IT!” Key shouted, leaving the room dead silent.

 

No one knew what to say, they didn’t imagine that to happen. They thought the two would somehow convince him with this but they were wrong this didn’t go the way they as thought it would. Well, honestly, it was the truth, they were in the worst management company... and somehow it was bound to happen they were just running away from that fact.

 

“Wanna run away?” Onew asked. “As the leader, I will just make something up—”

 

“Neh hyung, just run away.” Taemin finished the sentence.

 

“Yes, we will manage this, start packing.” Minho added, which sounded more like an order.

 

The couple stared at each other. They didn’t know how to explain.

 

“Seriously hyung? Running away?” The lead vocalist asked the leader, “Was that the best you can think of? What about SHINee then?”

 

“I don’t know...DO YOU HAVE A BETTER PLAN THAN THIS?!” The leader shouted, almost panicking now and the maknae nodded with a pout agreeing with the leader.

 

“Will you let us complete first?” Key asked looking at the leader, who stared back with a concerned face.

 

“We talked to him, he said, we couldn't announce it.  But... he said he’d give us a chance, since we so much wanted to do it.” Jonghyun explained.

 

“Chance?” Minho asked, raising an eyebrow.
 

“Even though we couldn't convince him to let us announce it directly, we convinced him to let us do it indirectly.” Key said it this time, leaving three of them more confused.

 

“Aish, he meant we could give everyone a sign or something like that.” Jonghyun’s voice was a bit irritated by now. “But we can't overdo it. You know the consequences if we did.”

 

“What? A sign? You guys are already so obvious just like that and I guess almost all the fans might already believe that you both are dating, and even if you give them a ‘sign’, what do you think they’ll take this as?” Taemin asked.

 

“Another Jongkey moment?” Key asked him and he nodded, while Jonghyun looked back at him with a puzzled face. “What? Don't act as if you don’t know. You use the internet too!”

 

“Well, exactly.” Minho said ignore what Key told Jonghyun. “You’ll have to think of something that leaves an impression... or more than that which just makes everyone believe in Jongkey.”

 

“How about doing something in the upcoming concert?” Jinki asked. “And duh Minho-ah, everyone already believes in Jongkey. They just need to go official and that is what the problem is.”

 

“Bingo hyung that was what I had in mind.” Jonghyun smirked looking back at Onew.

 

“Like what doing another Duet concert together? The last one was way too y.” Taemin asked singing and repeating the lines, “Dang, Dang, Dang, I say Jong, you say Key, Jongkey!  Jongkey! Jongke....” Taemin’s voice broke down and cleared his throat in the end when he saw Jonghyun and Key staring back at him, Onew and Minho trying their best not to laugh. And Taemin looked back at Jonghyun with an innocent face and said, “Don't you know there were rumours that the kiss marks on your abs were Key hyung’s? The fans are cleverer than you think.”

 

Key looked at Taemin with his mouth dropped open, this maknae seriously. “Well, Taemin’s right. The last one was enough of a sign. Like Onew hyung said, this one should be like a written official statement.” Minho added, trying to make his expression a bit serious.

 

“You can't kiss him on stage right?” Onew asked, frowning.

 

“Yeah, right.” Jonghyun said, as if he was disappointed that he couldn't do it.

 

“Well, that won't make any difference anyway.” Key added giving a death glare at the maknae, “Last time you tried kissing Taemin too. What happened?”

 

“Eww hyung, don’t bring that up.” Taemin made a face.

 

“YAH! I DIDN’T EVEN KISS HIM. THE FANS EXAGGERATED IT!” Jonghyun replied almost shouting. Where the hell did that came to Key’s mind now?

 

Minho couldn't help it, he laughed this time.

 

“Yeah, whatever.” Key replied, rolling his eyes. “But yeah, the best way to announce something like that would only be the concert.”

 

“Yeah, but what?” Jinki asked.

 

“How about you do a short act or musical or something?” Taemin asked drinking from a bottle of banana milk that he picked up from the table beside him; he had been drinking it before while he was waiting.

 

“WHAT?”  Jinki asked, with a shocked but pleased face.

 

“What? It was just a random thought.” Taemin replied, still occupied with his milk.

 

“No, it’s a good idea actually and I almost know what we are gonna do!” Jonghyun said with a huge grin.

 

“WHAT!?”

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

It was less than a month left when they actually came up with a final plan. The plan was simple, and everything depended on how the fans took it as, they weren't gonna go extreme but still they were gonna try their level best. Key was great at acting and he had done a lot of musicals, just that this duet performance was going to be a small musical act with Jonghyun in it. They had a comeback too, and everything again went on Jonghyun’s shoulders to compose a new song especially for the performance. Jonghyun was more of happy because he had written a lot of songs in the past, but he hadn’t written one for them as one and he finally got a chance to do it.

 

The month was too hectic, they were preparing for a comeback which was just more than enough to keep them busy and a concert that too with a special performance and they had to keep their performance a secret from even the concert staff. They wanted to keep it a surprise, they were gonna do it just on that day, without any rehearsal or anything, it was going to be a one fell swoop, if it worked out well. It just sounded like a secret plan which was either gonna give everyone a shock or a shock. Yeah, it was going to be a shock anyway around, depending a good one or a bad one...

 

Either way, they had to make it perfect. 

 

Soon, the concert arrived, and they had a three day concert schedule and this was going to be the last performance of the last day. No one but the five of them knew about this. They hadn’t even told Manager Hoo about this... they themselves didn’t know why.

 

It was the final day, Key’s solo was going on and Jonghyun was in the makeup room backstage with the others.

 

“Hyung, you ready?” Taemin asked Jonghyun who was busy looking something in his cellphone, while their makeup was being done.

 

“I don’t know but I feel a bit nervous.” Jonghyun honestly replied the youngest, pressing his lips.

 

“We still have a combined performance after this and then your...performance.” Jinki said patting Jonghyun’s shoulder.

 

“Hyung, whatever you do, just don’t flow away with too much emotions okay?” Minho told Jonghyun. “Like you always do…”

 

Jinki and Taemin looked at Minho with a confused face. “What is he talking about?” Jinki asked Jonghyun.

 

“You know I am not that good in acting, he is just giving me tips.” Jonghyun lied, which was obvious for everyone in the room. Minho looked and him and frowned. “You didn’t tell them? I thought only Key was the one who-didn’t-knew—”

 

Minho was interrupted by the looks that Jonghyun was giving him to shut his mouth. “Tell us what?” Taemin asked.

 

“It's just something for the performance.” Jonghyun replied with a grin. “It's just a surprise.”

 

“And it's a surprise for Key hyung too?” The maknae asked, the lead singer tilting his head and looking at Jonghyun for an explanation.

 

“I think you should have talked to Key about this, you don’t have any idea how he’d react to this and... and everything.... might be over then.” Minho told Jonghyun and Jonghyun just nodded back with a very serious face.

 

“Yah! What do you mean everything would be over then?” Jinki asked, this time very seriously.

 

“Hyung, no one knows what is gonna happen...so...” Jonghyun replied Jinki’s question, which made it clear to them what was he talking about. Yes they really didn’t know how was this gonna end. They could just hope and do their best.

 

There was a long pause and someone called out to them. “Get to your places.” They still had this combined performance to do.

 

After their performance they had a long talk with the audience and then they announced that they had this last performance left. A Surprise Performance. That left everyone surprised because for everyone including the staff members, it was the last performance.

 

All five of them ran to the backstage then and Key and Jonghyun hurriedly changed and ran to the stage entrance, holding their hands. Key took a deep breath and said, “Jjong, I love you. Are you nervous?” looking and Jonghyun’s face, his hand gripping tight onto the other.

 

Jonghyun’s nervous face suddenly lit up, “I love you more. I guess a bit but you just scared it away.”

 

“All the best.” They were suddenly interrupted by the rest three of them, “Do you best both of you.”

 

“Of course I will.” Key said, making his diva face, adjusting his mic. Jonghyun said nothing but silently, looked at his lover.

 

“Yah! Everybody come here.” Onew said, bringing out his hand and they all joined in, putting their hands together and then throwing it in the air shouting, “Jongkey, 1234, we are going, SHINee Ultra transformation.” And with that the maknae, the leader and the rapper disappeared into the back stage’s darkness, leaving the couple alone.

 

Soon, the stage gates opened and once again Key felt Jonghyun’s grip tightening around his hands before letting it go completely. Jonghyun for the last time looked at Key and then smiled at him and went to the right side of the stage and Key went towards the left side of the stage. They could see the fans screaming for the final performance of the day.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

“OH MY GOD! THEY SAID THEY’LL HAVE A SPECIAL SURPRISE PERFORMANCE!!!” A fan in the crowd screamed.

 

“I CAN'T WAIT TO SEE WHAT IT IS ABOUT!!!” The other fan beside her shouted.

 

“Do you think it will be the comeback stageeeee~?” the one from before said before screaming.

 

“OH MY GOD! YES THE COMEBACK!!! I SERIOUSLY HOPE YOU ARE RIGHT!!!” A third fan shouted. The thing was the three didn’t know each other at all. It was just that their seats were together. It was the break after the talk and they were waiting for the final performance and everyone was so excited because they had said it will be special. They couldn't wait.

 

With a soft but new tune, the stage went back alive. The screens started and finally the spot lights flickered into the left and right side of the stage revealing Key and Jonghyun.

 

“IT'S A JONGKEY PERFORMANCE!!” Another fan shouted. “EVEN BETTER!!!”

 

“Oh my god! OH MY GOD! JONGKEYYYY!! OPPA!!”

 

 “JONGKEY! JONGKEY! JONGKEY!” The whole stadium echoed with that word.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

「Their Performance」

 

All Key could hear was Jongkey echoing everywhere, everyone was chanting that word. He walked over the stage where the staff had already put of the stuffs they needed and they just wanted to recreate some of their moments together, they were replaying. The rest three of them had been backstage making sure of the performance to be perfect, instructing the staff what to do.

 

Key started singing the song Jonghyun had composed for this performance and the crowd went silent. And then was Jonghyun’s part and they went close to each other and during the vocal pause, Key and Jonghyun bowed at each other as if they were strangers and then shook hands. They were showing the first time they met.

 

With the background music, Jonghyun introduced himself in his melodious voice, “Annyeonghaseyo, I’m Kim Jonghyun.” Key had that moment in his in mind crystal clear, as if it just happened yesterday. He was just standing there, with a bewildered expression on his face, when Jonghyun greeted him. It was his first time seeing him but he was lost in him at that very moment and now he was recreating the same moment on the stage. “Kim Ki-Kibum.” That was the only thing he replied then and now. With that Jonghyun had frowned thinking of the latter to be a bit self-centred kind of person but independent, which wasn’t wrong either… but Key was just a bit taken with the moment back then.

 

That was the first time how they met, they portrayed it just as well as they could again on this stage and the audience just looked at that cute moment with an ‘aww’.  Till now, it was clear that it was gonna be a short description of how they fell in love with the help of a musical.

 

And then singing the further lines, Jonghyun and Key danced to bit of Noona Noumu Yeoppo tune, showing how they debuted in the middle of the act and they acted showed how Key usually used to blush around Jonghyun, before the debut days and Jonghyun was completely unaware of that fact. Then they showed how they became best friends and used to be together everywhere. The audiences were all involved in the act too. It was a bit shocking for them, well some of the extra-smart fans had already realised what was this act about.

 

Until then, Key disappeared into the back stage and Taemin joined them on stage leaving everyone confused.  Wasn’t it a Jongkey act?

 

Taemin took the stage rapping the few lines of the new song, leaving everyone shocked from head to toe. Taemin was rapping! Well only a few lines but he did. An event in the history. Then there was another vocal pause in which Taemin acted like the baby Taemin of Key umma he used to be back during those days.  And there was this short conversation between them in which Taemin had accidently spilled about how Key liked Jonghyun and Jonghyun was too stupid not to notice that.

 

 

/flashback/

 

Jonghyun hadn’t mentioned anything to Key about what had happened earlier between him and Taemin. And then he started noticing. Key wasn’t the only one, Jonghyun also felt different around Key. Jonghyun was different… he wasn’t stupid not to understand what that ‘different feeling’ was. 

 

Since then, Jonghyun started all his possible ways to tell Key that he liked him and all that while Key had been running away from his own feelings. Jonghyun became a bit intimate around Key, trying his best to . Key couldn’t help it, because he usually did that around the media and Key knew one thing for sure Jonghyun was smart. He tried all possible ways to tell him how much he liked him too (indirectly), but all the reply he received back was ‘ignorance’. Yes, Key had been ignoring him not because he didn’t like him but because he thought somehow Jonghyun might have figured out that Key felt for him and he was making fun of that.

 

Two thing Key didn’t know was that one, Jonghyun liked him too and two, he had never been making fun of him. It continued for a while until Key was tired of it.

 

All five of them had returned back to the dorm after a exhausting day, and Jonghyun was just tired to get into the beds as soon as he could and before he could even go to the room, Key interrupted him, “Jonghyun what are you doing?” Key’s voice was angry and all the other members knew this wasn’t gonna go well.

 

“I’m going to change, won't you?” Jonghyun asked innocently, fully unaware of what he meant.

 

Key rolled his eyes and said in an irritated tone, “You know what I mean. What do you think am I oblivious not to notice what have you been trying to do since the past few months?”

 

“Oh…that.” Jonghyun scratched the back of his neck in embarrassment. He never knew Key would ask something like that so frankly in front of all the members, but even the member knew what had been going on. The three of them had been silently watching the two talk.

 

“Yes... THAT.” Key said, copying his tone with perfection.

 

“Well…” Jonghyun started smiling, still a bit embarrassed.

 

“WELL WHAT JONGHYUN?!” Key shouted. “Is it really that funny? Making fun of me? Is it fun?”

 

“Wait—”Jonghyun started very seriously, all of his embarrassment had disappeared somewhere, not even knowing what just happened. All of a sudden, it happened so fast… making fun of him? He never made fun of him.

 

Key continued interrupting him, “No, you listen to me first; I thought we were best friends. Do friends do that? Joking around is- alright… but this one… just got- WAY too far. I don’t know how you managed to know that I liked you but- you could have just replied with a simple, ‘NO’, I just can't understand why you started making fun of me just like that? Was it really THAT entertaining?”

 

Silence covered the room. Jonghyun was too shocked to speak and so were the rest of the members. Jonghyun was already fighting back his tears now.

 

“You know what Jjong? You have just made me have a second thought about liking you and I ask myself, ‘Is that the Jonghyun I liked?’ Maybe not, because I don’t feel like seeing your face anymore and if things got worse, I will have no other choice but to leave.”Key wasn’t shouting anymore, his voice was soft and hurt.

 

“Hyung!?” Taemin shouted.

 

“HEY! HEY! WAIT! Do you even know what are you talking about?” Onew asked almost shouting.

 

“HYUNG DO YOU EVEN HAVE THE SLIGHTEST IDEA HOW BADLY I AM HURT RIGHT NOW?!” Key shouted back, revealing the tears the slid down his cheeks.

 

“Key…just—” Minho started but Key interrupted, “Or maybe I will just leave.” With that Key walked towards the door without another word and held the doorknob to open the door when he heard, “Key Wait…” Jonghyun wasn’t gonna tell him to forgive him, because he knew he had hurt him. He was just gonna prove to him.

 

Key couldn’t help himself, he couldn’t move anymore, or maybe didn’t want to move. Jonghyun told him to wait, so what? He turned the doorknob and he again heard, “Listen to me once.” Without turning back Key just looked at the door but stopped to listen to what he had to say.

 

“I-I think the first impression I had of you was right, Key is a self-centred person who can't think of anyone but himself….” Jonghyun started and the three of them stared back at him dumbfounded. Was he crazy or something? Key was already so angry.

 

“Are you done?” Key asked with a flat voice.

 

“Ani…” Jonghyun continued, “But a corner of my heart screamed that Key has a beautiful heart, he just hides true personality from everyone. Maybe I was wrong.”

 

“I-am glad at least you know the truth now.” Key gulped after finishing the sentence, finally opening the door.

 

“Truth? Oh yes I do…. Now I know why were you my greatest inspiration. The answer was simple that I took so long to realise, because I loved you.”

 

Key froze, this time for real. He didn’t even hear Taemin gasping behind him. He finally turned back to make sure he had heard right, he looked at Jonghyun, who didn’t looked good at all. His nose was red.

 

“What do you mean…inspiration?” Key didn’t end up asking what he actually wanted to.

 

Without another word, Jonghyun held Key’s wrist and pulled him towards a particular room, it was the same secret room of their dorm no one had ever entered, it was sort of Jonghyun’s small office, where he locked himself when he wanted to write songs or so on. Jonghyun never allowed anyone in the room. It was always locked. No one knew what was inside.

 

Jonghyun opened the door and pulled Key inside him, followed by the rest of the three. What they saw totally shocked them. The room was full of Key’s pictures. For a moment Key didn’t know how to react… was… was this real?

 

“Now you totally look like Key hyung’s saesang fan.” Taemin managed to speak with his mouth dropped open taking a view of the room.

 

“I get motivated when he is around me and also he is my inspiration…” Jonghyun said. “So this room I covered it with—”

 

Key had pulled Jonghyun into a sudden unexpected hug. He didn’t know what to say just… that was what he could do at that moment. Maybe that was enough for the both of them. Key just knew that Jonghyun also loved him as much as he did.

 

/End of flashback/

 

 

The act ended they did it exactly the same, it was difficult but they managed to do it. And it ended well. Better than they imagined. They were still hugging each other leaving the audience into tears, both of them crying too. They were official the whole world knew it.

 

But that wasn’t enough; Jonghyun pulled himself away from the hug and pressed his lips onto the younger kissing him, on the stage, in front of the cameras, in front of those thousand fans and in front of the whole world.

 

Key didn’t care either, he knew this was right what he was doing, and kissed him back in front of the whole world. This was what Minho had been talking about earlier. Don’t flow away with the emotions. Yeah right. The kiss lasted for only a few seconds but it was everything.

 

The audience went silent. The whole stadium was quiet and then again screams were heard, not angry ones but chants… the same chant, “JONGKEY!!”

 

 The maknae, the leader and the rapper looked at them with huge grins on their faces. And then rest three of them joined them soon, pulling into a group hug and then the five of them bowed and thanked everyone and went back in. They knew they was in trouble, they knew SHINee was gonna be in trouble but they were one and they were gonna protect SHINee no matter what. For the fans out there, who supported them today… when they needed them the most, those fans.

 

The fans couldn’t get tired to shouting that word that echoed everywhere.

 

“JONGKEY!”

 

 

 


Author note: so? so? so? Liked it or not? i am sorry if it because its all based on my dream so...but i did edit up a few parts of it, okay more than just a few parts of it but yeah 90% cretids still ges to my dream (even though it didnt end up the way i imagined it to..) and honestly, i will be thankful if you read it till the end. I mean it really, i would kiss you for that, no not really, you already had a lot of JONGKEY HUGS AND KISSES in the story so i guess thats enough but i am so happy after posting it (not to mention i am as much embarassed as well, idk why?) 

and the ending...you ask why i ended up here, you might have that question in your mind i know, well the answer is simple. because my deam ended here. and what about SM's reaction...dont ask me idk myself honestly because i had a happy dream about jongkey going official and not SM kicking shinee out of SM so cleary idk myself. dont ask me for a sequel yet because i am in no mood to write any sequel for now  but i kinda know what will happen.... i will leave it upto you guys okay? (until you get a second notification of the update of this story) i will just stop talking now i might have already bored you... 

thanks for reading! bye!

 

and yaaaayyy~~~ SHINee 6th win on music core!!! LOLOL