God, I'm Such a Mess

I Promise

"God dammit," 

Taehyung's voice was clearly audible as he stormed down the Hogwarts hallways, each heavy footstep booming through the corridors and subsequently creating additionally disruptive noise. To say he was angry would be an understatement, quite frankly. 

The first quidditch match of the season, and notably Taehyung's first game as captain, had been disastrous to put it simply and Taehyung's reaction had been nothing short of melodramatic. The pressure dumped upon him had caused increased stress, and understandably so, but Taehyung was never usually one to let pressure overcome him. Today was different, however, and as much as Taehyung wished he could take back today's catastrophical events, there was no possibility of turning back time now - at least, no possibility that wouldn't get him into a lot of trouble with the Ministry of Magic.

Taehyung ignored the plentiful stares he received as he trudged furiously towards the Gryffindor Common Room, desperate for peace and quiet in which he could wallow in self pity. Besides, as far as he was concerned nobody would want to see him anyway, and if they did he knew it'd most likely be only to sneer at him or complain about his atrocious performance out on the quidditch pitch.

But over-ruling Taehyung's anger was disappointment. Sure, it was only one game, but it was against his rival house and he'd been exceptionally determined to beat them, particularly in order to shove such a result in the face of his enemy - Min Yoongi. For the most part though, Taehyung's disappointment stemmed from the realisation that this would be the first quidditch match of his that would have one particular person in the crowd who he would always aim to please. 

His boyfriend, Jeon Jungkook, who'd somehow been capable of transferring to Hogwarts little over six months ago, had finally been able to sit on the sidelines and cheer him on, and this was exactly why Taehyung had really been desperate to do well. Clearly, he hadn't though, and this was what had truly left him in the state he was now residing in.

Truthfully, he knew that it was highly unlikely Jungkook would even be slightly phased by the fact that Taehyung had not won the game, but for Taehyung this game was, for him, being played entirely for Jungkook, and so a loss had been exactly what he'd wanted to avoid in order to impress his younger, and evidently much more popular and liked throughout the school, boyfriend.

Taehyung was shrouded in disappointment and nothing could possibly change that.

When Taehyung finally reached the Gryffindor Common Room, there was nothing else he felt able to do but slump down on the couch, plug in his muggle headphones and immerse himself in music to stray his thoughts from what a terrible day today had turned out to be.

———

For almost forty minutes Taehyung had been sat alone in the corner of Gryffindor Tower, drowning in the sorrow he'd brought upon himself. Even he considered his dramatic reaction to the team's loss pathetic, but his inflated (though rapidly deflating) ego left him refusing to openly recognise such a thing. 

Taehyung's self-depreciation was interrupted by a pair of strong arms wrapping around his torso, pulling him close to the person's chest. It took Taehyung no time at all to realise quite who this person was, and his eyes lit up as he turned to face his boyfriend, pulling him tightly to his chest and planting a firm kiss on the younger boy's forehead.

"Tae, have you been crying?" Jungkook's tone was serious, and Taehyung's smiled fell almost instantly at his question. He knew he couldn't deny such an obvious fact, but all the same he felt even more embarrassed now than he had prior.

"Possibly," he stated, swallowing hard, "But all in good reason."

Jungkook only rolled his eyes at this statement, slipping over the side of the couch so that he was seated on his boyfriend's lap. His eyes locked instantaneously with Taehyung's, and he reached up to caress his boyfriend's cheek. It hurt to see Taehyung so caught up in a problem that was so small, but he understood the importance of quidditch to Taehyung, and so he wanted to do everything in his power to make him feel better.

"I just feel like , I suppose. All I wanted was to do well - for you and for the sake of the team. But I did a terrible job at keeping the team in line. If anything, I think Jimin should be captain. He's such an incredible seeker and he's excellent in general, and he'd do-" 

"You did great, baby, I promise." Jungkook interjected.

Every word Jungkook spoke could always make Taehyung melt, and this was no exception. Taehyung began to object, but Jungkook's lips being softly pressed against his undoubtably shut him up. When they pulled apart, Taehyung remained breathless and ultimately speechless, and so Jungkook took this opportunity to give his boyfriend a talk that was most certainly much needed.

"Baby, trust me nobody cares that we didn't win. Sure, it would have been great to beat Slytherin but the loss isn't your fault and everyone is fully aware of that. You guys did your best and played well, but Yoongi's squad got lucky this afternoon, that's all. Honestly," Jungkook explained, still caressing Taehyung's cheek in order to console him even ever-so-slightly, "And besides, you still looked incredibly cute out there." a smirk formed on Jungkook's lips and Taehyung felt a blush creep to his cheeks, so he playfully slapped his boyfriend's arm, causing it to drop to his side.

"Hey, I was only telling the truth."

Taehyung rolled his eyes and sighed, "Well thank you for the motivational speech, you soppy git, but you can get off me now." he gestured to the position in which Jungkook was sat, crushing Taehyung's legs against the seat and causing increasing discomfort.

"Oh, sorry," Jungkook shifted a little, "Better?"

"Better."

Taehyung pulled the younger boy close to him, his lips ghosting over Jungkook's just a touch, before he closed the space between them and interlocked their hands tightly. They were now in extremely close proximity, even disregarding the fact their lips were pressed against eachother, and so the two boys earned multiple glares from students around them. 

"God, I'm such a mess." Taehyung's words came out as barely even a whisper, but Jungkook only chuckled lightly against his hyung's lips.

"Perhaps," he beamed, "But even so - you're my mess."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thank you for reading!

if you enjoyed, let me know who you want me to write about next, and tell me what you thought

also, upvotes and subscriptions would be much appreciated

anyway,thankyou x

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------