Tea Heals All Wounds

M. Wang and I

Mark's POV

If I thought my parents would leave me alone after the evening at the Wang, I was wrong. My mother loves to take her concerned parent look, as if she was doing me a favor by sneaking into my private life. Anyway, today, I'm getting out of here. My friend Suzy has invited me over, with two other friends of ours.

My father is on the phone with who knows which other rich person he works with. He's been trying to set me up with someone for months and he wants me to take over the company after him. I don't want to, of course, I don't want to work for a multinational cup company all my life! Also, I have two older sisters who could do it—one of them really wants to!—but that old ist would rather see them married to another crusty old rich man. I realize I've been staring at him while cursing him in my head for too long when he looks at me interrogatively.

"You're going somewhere, son?" he asks.

"At Suzy's," I dryly answer.

He nods. I'm sure he think she and I are "seeing each other". He must be happy, a rich young woman like her! Ah, sorry to disappoint father.

I don't even say goodbye and get out of the house. I know the way to her house, because I often crash there when I want to escape the terrible Tuan.

"Mark!" screams Suzy when she opens the door. "Come in, come in, we have stuff to show you!"

Dresses, as usual? They're cute with their dresses.

"Check that out!"

Dersim appears in a somptuous purple dress. Damn.

"O-Oh," I stutter.

"She leaves you speechless, right?" says Arya. "Perfect, this one is for the wedding then."

Suzy looks pleased. I feel like my turn is coming soon.

"My turn!" exclaims Suzy. "Tell me which one is the best."

That means they're going to Selma's wedding. That means I'm going too.

"The pink one…Wait no, the blue one," counsels Dersim.

"Tt! no, the golden one! Suzy must shine," Arya contradicts.

Laughs follow and I smile but my family issues are still in my thoughts. The three young ladies eventually notice and ask me what's wrong. I know I'm going to have to confess; they won't just let it go. After all, they are my best friends. 

"Oh well," I begin. "Actually, it's about my father…"

"What?! I knew it!" answers Suzy angrily. "What did he do this time?"

I sigh, but I know they will understand.

"I'm pretty sure he thinks I'm gay, and that's why he won't leave me alone about dating."

"So what if you were?" angrily says Arya. "It's none of his business anyway."

She's very passionate about the subject. They all try to cheer me up while cursing my dad. I smile, and it's when I'm with my friends that I don't feel as alone.

(A.N: honestly I don't remember writing this POV and I'm really not satisfied with it, also I changed a few things because they were inside jokes so I understand this POV may have been confusing!)

Bambam's POV

A lot of things have changed during these past few years, but in the end, when I'm with Jackson just like the old days, I feel like I turned back in time. And he's still as much of a jerk as before. (A.N: actually, in the original version, I used the word "con" which can't be translated in english and has a slightly different meaning…)

"Selma's wedding, an unmissable event, as everyone says," Jackson says sarcastically as we were chilling in the living room, "I don't know about you, but personally I see that as a trap for both spouses."

"Are you going?" I ask.

"Yeah, I don't really have a choice. And I kinda want to see the guy's face. I didn't even know she had someone—I'm sure they met through a rich people's reception or something a few months ago."

I laugh. He's right, all these rich people dont' even love each other. His own parents have couple issues, according to my mother.

"Well…" Jackson says, "at least Mark's gonna be there."

At this exact moment, the phone rings. Jackson answers lazily.

"Hey, what's up? Yeah, sure. Whenever. Wait—well, okay I guess."

I'm sure it's Mark. He hangs the phone and informs me it was Mark.

"Um… so Mark and a few friends are coming, is that okay?" asks Jackson with a concerned look.

"What? of course," I answer. "Why would that be a problem?"

I'm only the housekeeper's son after all. Even if we've grown up together, Jackson and I aren't in the same field now. So I have nothing to say. Tch.

 * * *

Not even half an hour later, someone rings the door. We go to the entry hall. A pack of ladies rush in, followed by a shy-looking Mark.

"Jackson!" yells one of them. "It's been SO long!"

"Two weeks I think," answers Jackson.

She chuckles and pinches him. They then all hug each other and the girls finally notice me. The shortest exclaims:

"Oh! look at this little guy! Who is that?"

"Oh, that's Kun," Jackson replies looking at me.

"Kunpimook," I correct. "I am, um…"

"An old friend," Jackson cuts.

I feel a bit honoured, to be honest. "An old friend", in front of his rich friends, when I'm only a second class. Excellent.

"He is SO cute! Kunpimook, I'm Arya. Nice to meet you…" she—seductively?—says.

"Arya! your'e gonna scare him," warns the tallest one. "I'm Suzy by the way!"

I greet them nervously. The last one has the same diabolic look as Arya, but she's calmer.

"This is Dersim," adds Mark pointing at her.

Jackson leads us to the living room. I only now notice the enormous bags in the girls' arms.

"So! we're not here to have tea!" declares Suzy. "Actually a little tea would be—"

"Suzy, no! The dresses are our only priority," cuts Arya. "Your move, Dersim."

Dersim takes several expensive-looking dresses out of the bags. I'm pretty sure even I'm worth less than those dresses.

"Alright everybody!" Dersim yells. "We need your talent, Jackson, because Mark is a fashion faux pas personnified and you have a model past…"

Suddenly, I notice Jackson blushing a little. Him, a model? Oh please… That would be too beautiful…

"Well, a secret model past," adds Arya. "We all know that was you on that Kevin Klein magazine."

Jackson tries to defend himself:

"It was last summer and I have a friend who asked me to—"

"Anyway, we all know the little story, sweetheart," cuts Suzy.

"Now, shut up and listen!" continues Dersim. "Which one of these would suit Suzy the best?"

She shows three dresses which all look as precious as the other. I have to admit they're really impressive and would give whoever a goddess look.

"Mh…" comments Jackson. "The choice is hard. But the blue one seems—"

"Not this again!" cuts Arya. "The blue one is so… ordinary! Here, Kunpimook, what do you think?"

I am surprised that she talks to me and everyone stares at me. Help… I don't know what to answer so I say whatever:

"Um… the golden one?"

"Finally!" exclaims Arya. "I like you. We're two versus one now!"

Suzy sighs and smiles. She admits the golden one looks fabulous on her. 

I still wonder what that Kevin Klein story with Jackson is…

Jackson's POV

The evening comes and everyone is on the go. We're all on the doorstep.

"I'll see you at the wedding, girls. And Mark," I tell them.

"Kisses, Jackie!" Arya says before kissing my cheeks.

Suzy looks at me strangely and says goodbye with a dry "Jackson.". Dersim waves at us and follows the other. 

I turn to Kun after everyone leaves, as to check if he's alright. The poor guy, taken into our rich people's nonsense. 

"Sorry about that Kun! They're a bit invasive," I apologise.

"No, no, they're nice!"

He still looks a bit flustered. Oh my God… I can't believe how cute he is. I want to pinch his cheeks. Oh but wait—I'm already doing it!

"Jackson?" he splutters with a little voice.

"Yes?" I reply. "Oh, sorry! I, um… have a strong fatherly instinct… I guess…"

He chuckles lightly adorably. I change the subject to avoid pinching his cheeks again.

"Ah, it's such a shame my parents are coming home soon. Speaking of… I haven't seen you mom today?"

The puppy suddenly seems surprised and a bit concerned. 

"Yeah, um… Jackson, I should go see her, okay?" he asks as if he needed my permission.

"Of course! Come to me if there's a problem."

He runs upstairs. Is there something I should know?

Bambam's POV

My mother has a cardiac issue and Mrs Wang has always paid for her medication, but it is possible mom has forgotten them. Everytime I lose her sight for too long, I worry that it might have happened. She works so much and hardly thinks about her own health.

When I'm in front of our door, I run inside the room and look for her.

"Mom?"

I don't get any answer but I keep looking. Maybe she's—

"Mom!"

I finally find her, on the floor, unconscious. My God! What's happening, is she…? I check her pulse and I sigh in relief when I find it, but she's still not safe. Jackson told me to get him in case there was a problem… I don't want to be a bother but I won't risk my mother's life. So I run down the stairs, calling his name.

"Kun? What's wrong?" he asks as he sees me.

"My mom, she vanished I think, I think it's because of her heart disease and—"

"Okay, don't worry, I'm coming."

Once we arrive, he kneels in front of her and I inform her, stuttering:

"I checked her pulse, and she's still—"

"I'll call an ambulance," he says quietly.

He turns to me and phones them immediatly. Then, he takes me by the shoulders and looks me in the eye. I notice how pathetic I must look, tears in my eyes.

"Kun, it's gonna be fine," he reassures me, "come on sit okay?"

I nod and sit on my bed. He kneels in front of me before asking:

"Your mother has health issues?"

I don't have a voice anymore to answer, but I nod. Great, now I'm sobbing. I'm sure I look like a kid. My hearts beats faster whenever I see my mother still lyind on the floor.

"Okay, you have to tell that to the ambulance. You're okay?" he asks with a too serious expression.

"Y-Yeah…"

"They won't be too long."

I avoid his gaze. I'm already a mess and his hands on my thighs don't help at all. There's a silence now but it's not awkward. 

* * *

Later in that hell evening, my mother has been taken to the hospital and I'm not allowed to go for now. Tomorrow, Jackson promised he'd take me and he really takes care of me since the incident. We're still alone because his parents are havig dinner with other rich people and frankly, I'm glad. But still, I am upset and miserable after what happened to my mother.

We're in the kitchen and I sit at the bar thing. (A:N: sorry about that but I don't know how it's called)

"Here, Kun, your tea!" joyfully announces Jackson who appears suddenly in front of me.

"Thank you."

I take the cup and he stares at me while I take a sip. It's a bit embarrassing.

"You…you don't know how to make tea, do you?" I softly ask.

He takes a sorry expression, because, indeed, it's quite disgusting.

"Nope… But I have to admit I was too embarrassed to tell," he confesses. "Pretty cliché, huh?"

"It's no big deal," I reply, chuckling. "I'll show you if you want."

Jackson smiles and nods. It's a bit easier to forget about what happened with something to do. 

Jackson's POV

Kun is way more experimented than me when it comes to tea. I observe him making some with surpise—you don't put the cup in the micro-wave? My God, what a terrible dad I would be.

"Jackson?" Kun asks. "You understand?"

I come back to reality. "Ah, um, yeah! So no micro-waving the water?"

"Of course not, silly!" he answers and laughs.

It's pleasant night that follows, just like the old days. 

(A.N: this chapter is such a mess! I hope you liked it anyway)