EPILOGUE

A rooftop story
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Epilogue:

 

~SOONKYU~

 

“So I heard you are seeing someone?” the voice on the other line boomed in her ears.

“Who said that?” she questioned.

“Who else? The maknae.” Replied the other one.

“Oh, it’s not what you think, we’re friends.”  Friends.  She repeated the word. Did she really believe that?

“With benefits? Com’on Soonkyu, don’t use the cliché and old line, ‘we’re friends’. It’s not going to work; I know there’s something else. No friends are seeing each other late that night to hang out, go clubbing or whatever. There is no such thing as guy best friend not if he is gay,” Insisted by the girl, and soonkyu smiled. She can almost imagine the face of the caller making those remarks. But she was always being strike by that fact. 

“What something else? We’re friends, end of the line. There is a guy friend. Siwan he is a friend.”  But soonkyu again denied. Yes, denied. She knows herself that there is a story to tell but as that’s a story she wants to keep.

“You friendzone him, you know that. We’re not in a movie Soonkyu, so stop denying.” Tiffany probed.

“Tiff, there’s nothing okay.”  She stated with a doubt in her voice. There’s something and I can’t tell it.

“I heard that.”

“Heard what?”

“The tone? Somethings up, I need jess here,” And she was busted.

“JESS” Shouted by Tiffany on the other line.

Okay I’m doomed. More interrogation to come. Maybe she should prepare herself.

“Can I use the escape button for now? I had to push it now,”

“No. Talk. You’re on speaker.” Demanded by Jessica, the master adviser.

“There’s nothing to talk about.”

“There is. Stop this act soonkyu. You need to let that out.” It was Tiffany this time.

“Okay. He got a girlfriend.” And she gave up. Maybe things shouldn’t be kept within yourself.

“Did he said that?” Jessica inquired

“Yes,”

“Jerk, and then?” it was tiffany now and they take turns to ask.

“And the girl is my cousin’s girlfriend.” And it burst into a commotion.

“What?” Overreacted by Tiffany while Jessica voice out an “a two timer?”

“I don’t understand.” And another familiar voice pop out.

“Is that taeng I’m hearing?” she noticed.

“Yes. We just got from a party, you know, hyo is here too.” -jessica

“Without me? That’s unfair.”-soonkyu

“Nothing’s unfair. You can’t go here now anyway and just happened that we got the tickets for free.”-tiffany

“I’ll be there tomorrow,”- soonkyu

“Don’t change the topic soonkyu.” -Jessica

“I’m not. So you’re cool we taeng now.”-Soonkyu

“Yeah yeah. Not if she speak about her eyeliner guy again. Anyways just tell your story now and stop talking about your so bestfriend taeng,”- tiffany

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter