Final

Nerds

Firstly, I have to warn you that this is a pretty long oneshot (pls don't get bored). Second, there's a slight but I don't think I have to put a rated sign because it's just few paragraphs (I've warned you earlier, okay?). And lastly, thank you for subscribing! I'm so happy to see the number of subscriber kyaaaa!. See you in the comment box! Enjoy~


 

 

“Lee Taemin?”

“Absent, sir.”

“Again?”

“Yes.” The class answered in unison, followed by noisy whispers that sounded much like a bunch of bees talking about many possibilities that happened to the boy with thick spectacles.

“It’s been three days. Does anyone know where he goes?”

“No, sir.”

“That’s weird.”

Indeed it was weird for a diligent, nerdy, smart boy to not come to school. Even his best friend, Kai, didn’t know where the boy went missing for the past three days; he just disappeared.

 

 

“Choi Minho?”

“Absent, sir.”

The teacher marked the absent sheet and frowned. It seemed like nobody know about the boy being said because they all looked as puzzled as their homeroom teacher.

“Key, do you know where Minho is?”

“No, sir. He doesn’t answer my phone either,” said his closest friend.

“It’s been three straight days. He never skips school. Kind of weird.”

“Maybe he’s tired of being a good boy?” Key snorted.

Yeah it was weird. A kind, smart, diligent model student never did this before; not even once he skipped classes. Moreover it was Choi Minho’s last year, so his homeroom teacher was worried.

 

 

Another two days passed and neither Lee Taemin nor Choi Minho showed up in their school. Their friends barely got a contact with them. Even though they were just some nerds, they held the name of their school. Ah– yes, they were going to the same school so it was quite messy when both of them disappeared at the same time. Lots of speculations surfaced but nothing proven right. Their absence was a big mystery to the school and for everyone. It was Choi Minho and Lee Taemin that we were talking about; perfect model students that had the best future husband materials and guaranteed bright future.

 

***

 

“Lee Taemin?”

“Right here!” Someone opened the door in a heavy pant and answered the roll call. “I’m sorry I’m late.”

The class suddenly went uproar with the presence of the long lost child. He bowed and walked to his teacher, ready to be interrogated.

“Where have you been all this week?”

“I’m sorry.”

“Answer me loud and clear, where did you go for these past 5 days? You don’t even submit a permission letter!”

“Well– that... I’m sorry, sir– but wait, I didn’t? You didn’t receive the letter?”

“Yes, I didn’t. Lee Taemin, you’re just in your first year! What are you thinking, huh? Just because you’re on the first rank, you think you could skip schools as you please? No!”

He lowered his head, unwilling to answer him back because he knew he would get into a bigger problem. He tugged his spectacles and swallowed every scolding he received. It was his first time getting a trouble in school, ever in his life.

“You go to the detention room after classes!”

“Yes, sir...”

He walked to his seat with his shoulders folded. He sighed deeply.

 

 

“Choi Minho.”

The teacher looked around before he called the name once again. Third call.

“Choi Minho is absent again?”

There was a hurried footstep before the door slide to reveal an unusual messy appearance of a boy who ran his hardest.

“I’m sorry for my tardiness.”

“Choi Minho! Where have you been?? What do you think you’re doing these past days?? You’re on your last year. Exams are coming in two month! Don’t you know how much you missed?”

“I’m sorry, sir.”

“Your friends tried to reach you, you didn’t answer. What are you even thinking? Trying to be a bad boy in your last year?”

He shook his head and wiped his steamy spectacles from the heavy breathing. He lowered his head to listen every word he never heard before, never once he got a scolding and he was quite surprised, and confused.

“Detention!”

“I get it, sir.”

 

***

 

Both of them walked from different side of the school to one room they never wanted to be, detention room. They both never wanted to go inside, even to pass by it but today they had to. Loud sigh was heard from their mouth and the loud complaint was somewhat heard by each other. They both looked up, their steps was stopped just right in front of the door.

“What are you doing here?”

“Same goes to you, Tae.”

“I’m late, hyung.”

They both sighed.

“We late, sorry...”

Taemin smiled bitterly and stared at the older guy.

“It seems like our letters didn’t reach our homeroom teacher safely.”

“Yeah... Uhm– are you okay, Tae?”

“I’m okay. What about you, hyung? You’re in your last year, will it affect your graduation?”

“I’m fine. But this, will definitely the last time...”

They walked into the detention room with shoulders slump and faces dark, the two wrote their names on the guest book and greeted the teacher politely. The teacher looked up and knitted his eyebrows together when he saw the definitely-will-never-step-into-the-detention-room boys.

“Oh? How did you guys get into here?”

“We were very late and it seems like our homeroom teachers didn’t get our permission letters.”

“Ah... I heard that you guys disappeared without news for a week. Pick a seat and do some reflection about your wrongdoing.”

They both bowed to the scary teacher with their breaths on hold. Two of them sat side by side and started to write a reflection alongside with other student who seemed to be amazed seeing the two there. They wrote their reflection paper by paper until their arms went numb. Minho glanced at Taemin with worried eyes.

“I’m fine,” said the younger one.

“It was half my fault.”

“No...”

“I turned off your alarm.”

“It’s fine, hyung. I should have woken up as soon as I heard the alarm instead of sleeping again.”

“I’m sorry, Tae...”

“No, it’s my fault too.”

They both sighed deeply. Each of them thought it was them who put each other in trouble– the one to blame, when the truth is that it was just a small matter and both of them were wrong for not waking up in time.

Ah– their relationship?

“You two!”

Minho looked up to find his homeroom teacher, and also Taemin’s homeroom teacher rounded their eyes. Taemin somehow sensed the weird situation and looked up too.

 “Yes, sir?” Minho answered.

“Lee Taemin. Choi Minho.”

“Yes.” They both answered in unison.

“We’ve just got your letters from the principal. He forgot to give it to us,” said Minho’s teacher.

“And we have read it,” added Taemin’s teacher.

Taemin’s teacher signalled the detention room supervisor to let the other students out of the room. He confusedly agreed to it and let them go home with whatever they have written in their papers. And as the room emptied, the three of them were standing side by side in front of the two smart boys.

“We will keep it a secret, just like what’s written in here.”

“This– whoaaa,” Taemin’s teacher was speechless.

Minho looked at Taemin for he finally got a grasp of the situation. Minho immediately stood up to bow to them, Taemin followed so even if he was slightly confused.

“What is it?” Asked the detention teacher.

Minho’s homeroom teacher gave him the letter and he heard a gasp after he read few lines.

“You guys didn’t come because...”

Minho bowed again.

“What on earth is this? How such young guys like both of you got married this early??”

Their relationship? Yes, they were married.

Taemin corrected his spectacles awkwardly to respond the shocked teacher in front of them. This just happened suddenly even to both of them so if their teachers were surprised, it was normal because they were shocked too.

“Please take care of me and Taemin.”

 

***

 

What happened after that was quite... ambiguous. They never really know each other personally before, just knew each other’s name because both of them were famous as nerds that always set good academic images for their school, but after the long absent, they met personally in library where they spent most of their times, they greeted each other in the hallway and cafeteria, and also went home together once in a while. It made everyone, including their friends, suspicious of what happened to them.

 

“Are you going to skip our group study again, Lee Taemin?”

“I’m sorry but yes.”

“Again?”

“I’m so sorry, Kai.”

He quickly packed his belongings and left the class room. Kai peeked over the window to see Taemin walking towards the gate in hurry.

 

 

“Choi Minho, you’re being weird. Are you going to ditch our discussion group again?”

“I’m so sorry, Key. I have somewhere else to go.”

“To that first year boy, Lee Taemin?”

“I really have to go.”

“What is your relationship with him?”

“I’m going.”

Minho was about to leave the class but Key stopped him.

“You’re my friend since forever and I don’t even know you now. You’re keeping a secret from me and I dislike it.”

“I’ll tell you later, but now is not the right time.”

Key rolled his eyes, he was upset.

“You’ll be the first one to know. I promise.”

“Better be.”

Minho apologized to the group and rushed out of his class to meet Taemin on the gate. Key was watching him the entire time.

“There must be something happened between the two. I smell something.”

 

 

 

“I’m sorry, Tae. Did you wait for long?”

“No, I just arrived here too.”

“Let’s go home.”

“Okay, hyung.”

“How’s your day?”

“Nothing interesting.”

“Me too.”

End of conversation.

 

***

 

They arrived at their home and both went into their respective room to change. Minho was ready, in his semi formal navy tux and his contact lenses. Taemin went out of their room not long after Minho, with his simple navy and grey clothing to match Minho, contact lenses and styled his mushroom hair. Minho smiled simply at him, adored his handsome partner for a short second.

“Happy birthday...”

“Thank you, hyung.”

Minho offered him his hand for Taemin to hold, he reached for it shyly. It was not their first time in these past month of their marriage, fifth time; one when they walked down the aisle, two when Taemin almost fell because he didn’t wear his thick glasses, three when they had their second date, four when they decided to hold hands in the library and now is the fifth time.

Slow but sure, they tried to overcome their shock and accepted whatever their families want. They said their grandparents had their marriage arranged since their parents haven’t born yet, and when Minho’s grandfather died not too long ago he said in his will that he wanted to fulfil his promise so here they were, married to each other.

“Can I ask you something?”

“Sure, hyung.”

“You, do you mind if I tell my friend about us?”

Taemin put down his fork and knife to hear him. You just couldn’t ignore the seriousness in between their stiff conversation.

“I think I need to tell them the truth since I can’t keep on skipping my group discussion without giving an exact reason, Tae.”

Taemin looked at him hesitantly; he still had no courage to look at him deeply.

“I think it’s not a bad idea. I’ve been skipping so many times and I felt a little bit guilty too.”

“But I won’t tell all of them. Just one. My best friend, Key.”

“Yeah, I’m fine with the idea.”

“You’re going to tell Kai too?”

Taemin blinked hardly.

“How do you know Kai when I never tell you his name?”

Minho was dumbfounded and shrugged his nape.

“I– I just knew it somehow. It’s normal to seek for information about whom you close with,” Minho paused, “...right? I mean, you’re my husband. I’m just being curious, some said you have not much people around you and you spent most of your time with this guy, so...”

Taemin found himself smiling at the statement.

“You ask people about me?”

“You don’t?”

Taemin’s eyes wandered when he heard the question. Minho chuckled lowly.

“So you did exactly what I did...”

“It’s– it’s impossible to not curious about each other–well–haha,” said Taemin, stuttered.

The birthday dinner went very well with a warm and innocent feeling.

 

***

 

So they decided to invite their best friends to their house few days after their discussion. Both Key and Kai didn’t know what would they hear, they didn’t know it’s only them who were invited and they didn’t even know that their best friends had moved into a new house.

Kai and Taemin arrived first. Kai sensed something weird the moment he went in.

“Are you living with someone?”

“Yes.”

“Not your family, I guess.”

“Yes.”

“Who?”

“That is the reason why I brought you here, Kai.”

“You’re scaring me. I’m not in the mood for a head games, Taemin-ah. I’m still pissed off with you not telling me anything.”

Taemin laughed and scrunched his nose to correct his spectacles, “Just wait...”

Not long after Kai placed his bottom on the couch, he froze to the sound of the door opening.

“I’m home,” said the husky voice.

“Welcome home!”

Kai stared weirdly at Taemin who answered the door rather warmly, not like the usual Taemin.

In the other hand, Key was looking so suspiciously at the two pairs of shoes and sweet voice that welcomed them. This definitely not the house of Minho he usually visits but Minho said it was his and now he was just so confused.

“Who is that?” He asked, he just couldn’t contain his curiosity any longer. “This is your new house? Who you live with? What is this all about?”

Kai rounded his eyes and stood up quickly, knocking his knees to the table on the process after seeing two of his sunbaes walking in. Key’s mouth hang low when he saw Kai and Taemin was sitting in the living room.

Minho sensed the awkwardness. Key’s face was as clear as glass that he didn’t believe what he saw –Taemin– and he didn’t believe what displayed in front of him –a house that sensed like a new couple house.

“Sit, Key.”

He let Key sit next to Kai and he and Taemin sat next to each other across them.

“Uhmm...” Minho opened his mouth.

“Heol...” Key finally cut him.

“So actually, this is...” Minho glanced at Taemin.

“I can read the situation,” Key said. “You guys live together.”

“I’m not an idiot too,” added Kai. “Wow... I’m so speechless.”

Taemin and Minho smiled a sorry to each of their best friend.

“What happened here?” Key demanded an explanation.

“Taemin and I are a couple.”

The two of them scoffed in disbelief but then gasped at the total serious mode Minho and Taemin showed.

“Since when?” They asked in unison.

“Since last month,” answered Taemin. “We actually–”

“So it was when the two of you suddenly disappear without news?? Choi Minho! You! Y–you don’t even read my chat, answer my phone and skip school!”

Kai rounded his eyes at Taemin. “Lee Taemin... What is this?”

“I know I should tell you in advance, Kai.” Taemin felt guilty towards him.

“I should have said something, Key...  but everything happened so fast.”

“What exactly happened?!” Their best friends asked them impatiently.

“We got married.”

There was a long pause.

“You are kidding me.” Kai broke the silence but Taemin shook his head seriously.

“Oh my God!” Key covered his mouth. “Married?”

Minho and Taemin shyly nodded before they put out their hands for them to see their wedding rings. Taemin even stood up to grab the photo album in case they didn’t believe them. And slowly their best friend believed that it was a real situation.

“You guys are married for real?” Key was stunned. “How can I don’t know?”

“We don’t want to make a fuss so we decided not to tell anyone except the teachers because we believe they would keep this confidential. I begged our parents to do this quietly. You know I don’t like attention and I’m afraid it will become a big matter if I told you about this. I know you, Key, so I decided to just wait.”

“This is absolutely a huge thing, Ming!”

“Exactly, that is why we decided to tell you guys now, because we no longer could handle it alone. I mean I couldn’t stay quiet and be unreasonable about my leave in the group discussion. You guys need to know to be fully understanding about us even if this sounds a bit selfish.”

“So I’m right, he is the reason you rarely show up,” Key said as he pointed to Taemin.

“You shouldn’t point him like that,” Minho put away Key’s hand and Key was dumbfounded to the change of attitude in his best friend. “Taemin also let his friends down because of me.”

“He skips a lot.” Kai mumbled, “Even he doesn’t hang out with me as much as we used to. He goes to library alone nowadays, so I guess it’s because of this.”

“Well, library is the safest place. We still learn about each other so we meet there once in a while,” Taemin replied.

“I can’t believe you two. It’s been–how many weeks?” Key scoffed.

“Our seventh week, Key.”

“You deceived me for seven weeks, Minho, saying that there’s nothing happened.”

“I’m sorry... We’re sorry.”

The four of them spent the evening with some deep talks about what happened between the two newlyweds. It took times for their friend to eventually congratulate them. With the hope of their best friends understanding, Minho and Taemin explained everything slow and thoroughly. About the sudden reception and unprepared wedding. It was another start for the two.

 

***

 

“Did you love him, Minho?”

“Huh?” Minho looked up and laughed under his breath rather awkwardly, “Not yet, but I pretty much like him. He’s smart, he has great personality too.”

“You’ve kissed?”

“No,” he answered with his eyebrows knitted.

“When will you attempt to do it?”

“What’s with the question?”

“I’m just asking. Do you even know how to kiss?”

“No. I’m not like you.”

“You should kiss him sooner or later, you know. It’s like you guys are walking in place.”

“Kim Kibum!”

 

 

“Taemin-ah?”

“Yes?”

“It’s just because I’m curious...”

“What?”

“Have you kissed? Did you guys...no– I mean– you guys are married for a while.”

“Kai. What’s with–?”

“I’m just asking! You don’t have to answer it if you’re unwilling to answer.”

“Then I won’t answer that.”

“Tch. It’s about time for you to kiss, you know... Even I and Kyungsoo kissed on our first month of dating. You are married but–”

“I don’t want to hear anything, Kim Jongin.”

 

***

 

Taemin arrived later than Minho one day, he got stuffs to do because the teacher asked him for his assistance. He opened the door to find another pair of shoes. He heard two people talking to each other about things Taemin didn’t understand, and when he went inside, he saw Minho brought his best friend, Key.

“I’m home hyung.”

Both of them stared at Taemin, Minho was about to call him but Taemin only bowed and walked to his room. He didn’t want to disturb them so Taemin changed his clothes, took his towel and went out to the bathroom without saying anything; trying to be invisible.

As soon as he walked out of the bathroom he saw Minho was teaching something to Key who seemed to be in a very frustrated point. Minho taught him carefully, one by one, explaining for Key the easiest way. Key rested his cheek on the table, whining; Minho smiled at him, patted his head and gave him his pen. Seeing the scene he was seeing, Taemin’s heart felt uneasy.

So Taemin sighed.

 

 

Minho saw a glance of Taemin who went inside his room with head lowered and face darkened, he was worried so he went to the kitchen and took out some snacks from his mother to be heated. He knocked Taemin’s room and he heard rustles from the inside. The snack was just an alibi to see the younger, maybe to observe him. Taemin staggered to open his door without his spectacles then he let Minho in to put the snack on his table.

“Key will be staying a little bit longer,” said Minho.

Taemin nodded weakly and walked towards his bed again to grab his phone. He was on phone with Kai, Minho saw the name written on the screen. Minho was looking closely at him and Taemin wasn’t talking to Kai either, they stayed silent and didn’t move any inch. Something was off but Minho just shrugged it by giving the younger a little smile before he stepped outside.

Therefore, Minho sighed.

 

 

It was 10 when Taemin peeked outside, Key was still there but not studying. Instead he was talking seriously with Minho, very quiet and they seemed very close. Minho had taken off his spectacles at that time and Taemin realized, not anyone could see that side of Minho because he never took it off; the handsome Minho who was always hidden behind his thick glasses. Knowing that Key saw it and he was sure it wasn’t the first time made Taemin’s heart restless.

Key sometimes hit Minho and laughed, he also whined and scoffed at Minho, and Minho seemed to be more relaxed around Key than with him. Taemin sighed for the nth times that evening. He even hit his heavy chest to ease it away but of course it didn’t solve it.

 

 

It was 11 when he heard Minho walked pass by his room, walking Key to the front door. And when he heard they bid farewell followed by a closed door, Taemin finally breathe. He peeked out from his room to find Minho staring at him.

“Oh, are we being too loud?”

“No.”

“You are not hungry?”

“Why?”

“You didn’t come out for dinner. I ordered your favourite pizza.”

“Ah...” Taemin scratched his hair.

“Want to eat it with me? I haven’t eaten either.”

“You haven’t?”

Minho smiled awkwardly and nodded.

“I’m a little bit hungry actually.”

Taemin grabbed his glasses and wore it.

“Do you have to eat with that?”

“Not really.”

“Then don’t use it.”

“Why?”

“It’s not that bad– I mean even though I like you with your spectacles more, you look fine without them.”

Taemin startled. “What?”

Minho chuckled awkwardly.

“Uh, actually, Key said to me that I have to learn complimenting you,” he said.

“Oh...” Taemin’s lips curled into a shy smile.

They walked to the dining room in awkward silence, the two sat on the chairs and started to eat the cold pizza. Taemin was actually very hungry. That weird feelings he felt this evening made him super hungry. At first he was trying to ignore Minho and was trying not to talk to him until tomorrow, but his plan had failed because Minho talked a little bit romantic than his usual.

“You often on phone with Kai?” Minho asked out of the blue.

“Not really,” Taemin looked up slightly, “but tonight I just feel like it.”

“You called him first?”

“Yes, why?”

Minho looked a little bit upset. “Nothing. I guess you’re very, extremely close with him. I never call Key unless it’s very important.”

Taemin stopped his chewing and put down the pizza’s crust. Minho saw that and took it, he ate it, surprising Taemin. His eyes rounded and stared at Minho because nobody would ever want to eat his leftover food before.

“You don’t want this right?” Minho asked him, afraid that what he did is wrong.

“Yeah, I don’t really like the crust.”

Minho continued eating Taemin’s leftover, without noticing the blush on the younger’s face.

Taemin cleared his throat and asked, “Why suddenly you ask about Kai?”

“I don’t know... I saw you call him and I felt rather bizarre. Uneasy. Do you have any problem?”

“No.”

“You didn’t get out of your room since you came back.”

“There’s Key hyung.”

“It’s just Key, you know you can sit and join us. Or are you feeling uncomfortable with his visit?”

“No– no... I’m afraid I’ll ruin the mood. You looked livelier with him.”

“What are you saying?”

“I mean you enjoy his company, you laugh a lot with him despite his sharp jokes and harsh words too. I believe you wouldn’t act like that if I join you guys.”

“You won’t ruin the mood, Tae...”

“I just feel like I would.” Taemin stared into the pizza blankly, remembering the scene where Minho smiled and laughed and patted Key’s head. “You guys look good together; you seem to care about him a lot.”

Minho couldn’t help but stare at him ever so deeply, there was this word in his head but he couldn’t say it out loud, a word started with J. And this word explained Taemin’s feeling and probably his feeling towards Kai’s phone call too. It’s a word that best described that their relationship was going somewhere after being together quite a long time.

Taemin snapped out of his blank when he felt his hand was pulled into Minho’s grip. He questioned the sudden skinship, Minho was intertwining their fingers tightly.

“I don’t know if this would make you feel at ease but as much I felt insecure about you and Kai: Key and I are just best friend. Not more than that. Not like you and me.”

Taemin looked at Minho who apparently been staring at him deeply since they start this conversation. Taemin wondered what Minho really felt because he himself, didn’t understand what was in his mind. And hearing Minho’s insecurity for Kai made Taemin confused of why he felt that way.

“Huh?”

Minho looked at Taemin.

“Kai?”

“Yes.”

“About me and Kai??” Taemin wanted to make sure he didn’t hear it wrong, he wanted to make sure that he wasn’t the only one who felt uneasy with Key and Minho.

“Why?”

“Uh– hyung– so you’re–”

“Jealous, yes.”

Taemin rounded his eyes hearing the word.

“Kai?” Taemin just couldn’t find the right sentence.

“This is awkward,” Minho whispered and let Taemin’s hand go to scratch his nape, “Err–You’re done eating right? Let’s sleep. We don’t want to be late tomorrow. I hate detention.”

Minho stood up and walked out of the dining room, leaving Taemin speechless.

 

 

The two of them spent almost half of the night thinking about each other, regretting the weird conversation at the dining table. Today they supposed to sleep together as what was written in their schedule–every Wednesday– but they automatically decided not to do that because of the awkwardness. There were a lot of sighs that night.

 

***

 

The four of them met almost every day, Kai and Key agreed to help the two beginners without being too suspicious. They ate together in the cafeteria, they sat together in the library, and they walked home together. Everything went really well for the past four months.

It was quite impossible not to puke at Minho’s sweetness for only Taemin. Key was blown away because he never knew Minho would be this gentle yet easily jealous over Kai. Kai also got a menboong because he never knew Taemin would overly attach to Minho, talked mostly about him and gave that stupid smiley face whenever Minho’s around.

So obviously they fell in love with each other.

“Urgh! I can’t take this anymore!” Key hit their table and gripped his own hair.

“Ssshhhh!” People warned Key who was making a loud noise in library.

“Sorry!” Key threw himself to the couch with lips pouted.

“Why?” Minho asked.

“You guys are so frustrating!”

Kai chuckled, he somewhat knew what Key meant by that. Kai smirked at Taemin but of course Taemin didn’t understand so he only looked at Key in worried.

“Did I do something wrong?” Taemin corrected his spectacles as he asked him with a shaky tone.

“Kai!” Key demanded Kai to explain.

Taemin looked at his best friend confusedly.

“Let me ask you, have you or Minho hyung confessed to each other?”

Taemin was taken aback. “C–confess?”

Minho gulped and looked at Key. Key scoffed, “Oh great... Definitely haven’t.”

“You guys need to talk, really...” Key held Minho’s shoulder in concern.

Key then turned to Taemin. “This guy, my friend here, keep glancing at your lips as if he wants to gnaw it–”

“Ya! Key!” Minho covered Key’s mouth tightly, battling sometimes and awkwardly smiled at Taemin.

“He’s telling the truth.” Kai pointed at Key who seemed to run out of breath from the struggling.

Taemin was beet red. Kai found it so cute and raised his hand, “Oh yes–my friend here too, he’s been reading article about how to kiss properly.”

Taemin looked at Kai in horror and shook his head even though it was impossible to stop his friend. Both of them didn’t dare to look at each other, both Taemin and Minho was busy with their own basket mouthed best friends. They were too noisy until the library keeper warned them, and they had to leave the library eventually.

 

***

 

They awkwardly stepped into their living room, both looking at their own feet and without saying anything got inside their room. But the dinner time came too fast for both of them and they had to face each other even though the embarrassing talk still lingered in each of their heads. Minho knocked Taemin’s door first.

“Tae? What do you want for dinner?”

The door opened to an innocent face.

“Pizza?”

Minho knew it would be the answer because the younger loves pizza so much he could eat 2-3 pans himself. Minho dialled the pizza, still standing on the door frame as he mentioned Taemin’s favourite menu and extra toppings. Taemin let Minho stood by his door while he walked towards his bed again, doing his homework on it.

“Thank you.” Minho ended the call and Taemin turned to see him.

Minho was an innocent guy but not stupid though, he saw Taemin was looking at him the entire time when he made the call. Not obviously staring at him, but from the corner of his eyes.

“I will pay for tonight,” Minho said shyly.

“Why? I thought we agreed on paying it half-half.”

Minho smiled so gently it made Taemin blinked really hard, followed by a cute hiccup too.

“Never mind. I just want to do it for you.”

“Oh... Okay, thank you hyung...”

Minho should have left the spot but he stayed there, confusing Taemin.

“Wh–why? Is there something you need to say, hyung?”

“What are you doing?”

Stupid question, indeed.

“Homework.”

“You know, you can ask me anything regarding your study, even though you are a smart one.”

Taemin chuckled and nodded, astonishing Minho.

“And also...”

“Yeah?”

“About earlier...”

Taemin immediately flustered. Minho stepped inside the room, further this time, it was his first time reaching the bed where Taemin sat on. He never really got inside there, but it wasn’t their first time being alone in a bedroom. They had sleep together every Wednesday in Minho’s room but never in Taemin’s room. Minho gave his nape a little rub before he smiled awkwardly. His eyes darted from Taemin’s eyes to his lips and he got caught, Taemin followed his eyes movement and he backed away.

“Nothing–I’m sorry– I... I think I better go back to my room.”

The door banged as Minho scattered out of the room. Taemin threw himself to the pillow and screamed secretly. His heart betrayed him, the pulse was different than the old pulse he usually had. As if his heart was beating for Minho’s now. He was so aware of Minho and his feelings towards the elder.

In the other side of the room, Minho was cursing at his stupid eyes. Regretting everything he did, from paying the pizza, stepping into his room and glancing over his lips. But he couldn’t hide how he actually feels now, attracted by Taemin.

The dinner was super awkward.

 

***

 

It was just another morning when Taemin has just finished getting ready, Minho knocked his door to a bowl of cereal. Taemin often skipped breakfast and Minho always had to take care of him. Taemin opened the door and smiled at Minho.

“Thank you, hyung.”

Taemin slung his bag over his shoulder and took the bowl. He took a bite and walked to the kitchen. Minho followed him from behind, watching over the younger with some weird feeling; something pushed him to do something. He was considering Key’s words from few days ago.

Taemin turned around to meet Minho’s doe eyes. Taemin tilted his head in confusion, he hadn’t put his spectacles on so he wasn’t sure if Minho looking at him or what.

“Hyung?”

Taemin looked around even though there was no one except him there. It took one second before Minho managed to stand in front of Taemin with his warm palm on the younger’s cheek. It didn’t take another second for him to press his lips on those plump lips of Taemin that taste like cereal and fresh milk.

Taemin wasn’t sure how Minho’s lips crashed with his, all that he knew was this weird feeling he felt on his chest. He didn’t even know how his bag slipped or how the cereal bowl fell out of his grip or how his hand clutched Minho’s shirt almost immediately for a hold. He shuddered as he felt Minho pulled his face closer and kissed him a little deeper.

The morning kiss was clumsy and rather innocent.

Taemin suddenly gasped and pulled away when he felt the spilled milk absorbed by his sock. He also went all red as he saw how Minho’s eyes still shut tightly in front of his face, lips wet, and puckering just right in front of his eyes. Taemin covered his lips and through his blurry vision he saw a simple smile on Minho’s lips. Minho opened his eyes and stared at Taemin, deeply.

“Check if your bag and book got wet and go change your socks, I’ll take care of this mess.”

 

***

 

Everything changed after that kiss.

“Taemin-ah?”

“Hmm?”

“Nothing.” Minho sat down on the couch after petting Taemin’s head.

They started to do things in the living room. If usually Taemin would do his homework in his room with door shut, now he was sitting on the floor in the middle of the living room.

Everything changed after that kiss.

“Hyung, are you busy?”

“No, why?”

“Watch this with me.”

They started to do things together, more often than before. If they usually watched movie alone in their room on their laptop, now they were sitting next to each other watching the movie on their big flat screen TV until it ended or until they fell asleep in the living room.

Everything just gradually changed after that. Minho became a lot bolder when it was about touching Taemin’s arm, patting Taemin’s head, pulling Taemin closer, even giving hugs and flattery kisses. Taemin was no different; he became a lot bolder when it was about holding Minho’s hand, looking at Minho’s eyes, showing that he likes Minho, even returning his hug and kisses.

The atmosphere was turning into a real newlywed nuance even if it took almost forever.

 

***

 

“I saw something changed between you guys.”

“What are you saying?”

“How many times did you kiss already?”

“Key!”

“I bet it wasn’t even a kiss on lips. A peck?”

Minho glared at him.

“Oh...” Key chuckled. “You’ve kissed each other hard...”

Minho threw his book with an obvious flustered face and reddened ears.

“How do you like his lips?”

“Don’t disturb me, Key. I swear–”

“You’ve touched him down there?”

“Kibum-ah!”

 

 

“I sense something different from you,” Kai whispered.

“What?”

“You’ve kissed him, right?”

Taemin rounded his eyes in surprise.

“I got you!” Kai laughed silently. “How many times? A lot? Every second?”

Taemin hit his arm.

“Tongues involved, right? Or...”

“Kai! Urggh! Shut up or go away!”

“You two start to sleep in one bedroom now?”

Taemin covered his ears.

“You’ve seen him ?”

“For God’s sake, Kai!” Taemin stormed out of their group discussion.

 

 

I’ll tell you, they kissed a lot for the past month.

 

***

 

“I’m sorry I’m late...”

Taemin dropped his bag on the couch, the house was quieter though. He looked around and found nobody. The house was pretty dark too.

“Minho hyung?”

He saw Minho’s spectacles on the table alongside his books and his phone, Minho should be here but he was nowhere in sight. Taemin walked into the elder’s bedroom but Minho wasn’t there. He washed his face, drunk some water and sat on the couch.

“Hyung?” He paused and looked around. “It’s weird...”

It was passed the dinner time and he knew Minho didn’t like to go out after 7, it was pretty dark outside but there was no sign of Minho even though all of his belonging was there. Taemin tapped his foot unconsciously, began to worry. He turned off the TV and stood up. He was about to take his jacket to go outside looking for his husband, but when he opened his own bedroom, he saw Minho was sleeping in the dark, on his bed.

Taemin’s legs went weak and he sighed in relief.

“Why is he here?”

Taemin sat next to the sleeping body carefully and gently held his husband’s back.

“Hyung?” He whispered.

Minho was a light sleeper so he startled and woke up, he held his head because his head suddenly ached due to the immediate arising; he groaned. Taemin giggled.

“What are you doing here in my room?”

“It’s–” Minho gulped, Taemin looked so pretty within the dark. “I–I fell asleep.”

“I know but why in my room?”

Minho smiled awkwardly, “Because it smells like you, I love it and it calms my head. It’s–”

Taemin was taken aback and Minho noticed that. He hit his own mouth for talking trash, well blame him for being sleepy.

“Uh– that– haha I’m joking...” Minho stood up and ran to turn on the light. What he saw after that was Taemin’s red face and Taemin’s hand that placed just right on his chest. He just made Taemin’s heart skipped a beat.

“Ha–have you had a dinner?”

Taemin stood up and slowly walked towards Minho.

“Hyung, can you excuse me for a while? Sorry, just five minutes.”

Taemin closed his bedroom door quickly and left Minho all confused and guilty just right in front of his room. Taemin was about to go crazy with the sudden weird thought he had, not entirely because of Minho’s cheesy word–well that spiced his thought too– but it was because he was thinking that he would like to hold Minho to sleep tonight; even if it wasn’t Wednesday.

 

***

 

Taemin opened his room and walked out, Minho heard it but he pretended not to hear. He continued watching the microwave heating the home dishes his mother just sent earlier this morning. Taemin steps stopped just right at the corner before their kitchen.

“Hey...”

Taemin smiled awkwardly and stood next to Minho, helping him with the platters. Taemin didn’t mean to stare at Minho so intently but he did anyway. He felt guilty after what he did earlier, slamming the door in front of Minho’s face.

“Sorry, hyung.”

“Don’t mind it,” Minho smiled simply, believing that it was half his fault too.

The conversation ended there but Minho gulped because the stares on his face were slowly growing into weird affections. It was not the first time Taemin sending him those deadly and longing stare, Minho knew that he also did the same sometimes but he couldn’t ignore the stare that hideously said: I want you so badly.

Minho put their dinner on the plate and carefully brought them to the living room. Taemin brought their glasses and sat down, he was glancing over Minho’s body, up and down his figure only to falter around his pants. Minho was going to ignore the stares but it was too much.

Something between them went a bit overwhelming tonight; both of them seemed unable to control themselves either. The tension heated.

“Taemin-ah.”

“Hmm?”

“What is your schedule tomorrow?”

“Nothing. Why?”

Minho sat next to Taemin on the couch, closer than they had ever been. Taemin blinked so hard, he could read the situation. They kept staying still and quiet all the time until Taemin cleared his throat. Taemin stared into Minho eyes again after eyeing him his lips; he knew that tonight’s kiss would not be the same as the previous kisses because the closeness and judging from Minho’s hands on his body.

Taemin’s eyes flattery shut after Minho leaned to breathe over his lips in a teasing way. He flinched when Minho caressed his cheek a little bit different than usual. Taemin gulped really hard when Minho hesitantly trailed his nose along his jaws.

“Hyung, a–are we going to do it– uh–now?”

Minho didn’t answer him but his hot yet short breath clearly answering the question–also the hand that slipped under Taemin’s shirt. Taemin hitched to the touch and Minho crashed their lips together. They both could feel the nervousness because none of them knew how this work in real life, since they only studied it on screen, but to their surprised, their bodies knew what to do and how to respond to each other’s touch.

The living room became a silent audience of their progress. Soon their heavy breath travelled all around the living room, followed by the sound of desperation of taunting lips, the sound of belt unbuckling and thrown clothes, followed by soft writhes, painful scream, soothing coos, and eventually slick sounds.

Their dinner left alone cold but their bodies were rising in temperature with definite blush decorating their faces. The silence replaced by erratic ahs and hmms, breathless yelp of each other’s names, sound of rattling couch, slapping skins and also desperate moans. The air was different now, less fresh air more of musky scent. The living room was a mess now, with two tired and sweaty bodies on the floor.

No it didn’t end there. Minho brought Taemin inside his bedroom and the night became a long night for the two of them. It was nearly dawn when they finally fell asleep, all weary but sated.

It wasn’t Wednesday but they slept together.

 

***

 

They ate by the cafeteria with their best friends. The morning came too fast they barely got enough sleep and Key was especially talkative today. Taemin and Minho somehow didn’t pay any attention to their best friends’ talking. Taemin was still hardly adjusting himself. He felt it wasn’t his body, he felt awkward down there, and something has changed within him. Taemin lowered his head and stirred his food; he couldn’t eat his lunch even though his stomach was growling.

Minho kept glancing over Taemin, his head was playing some last night’s scenes sometimes, followed by some meaningful smile but he kept trying to shrug it off. He was supposed to be worried about his husband. Taemin kept looking back at Minho, giving him an I’m–fine–don’t–worry–about–me look and smiled. Minho pleaded a sorry and gently Taemin’s back, causing the younger to flinch once.

Key was trying not to notice but he noticed anyway, he suddenly choked over his lunch and groaned all to himself. The rest of them stared at him weirdly. Key stomped his feet and cringed.

“Ya! What happened?” Minho asked him.

Key held his head, being a drama queen he was. Key grabbed Kai for a whisper, resulting Kai spitted his food and choked, gasping for air too. Key and Kai shook their head and wailed at each other while holding hands. They were laughing but not laughing, they were cringing but then almost puke until Minho hit both of their heads.

“What happened to you two?”

Kai and Key looked into each other and leaned closer for a whisper.

“I don’t know if I’m being too observant or you guys being too obvious but... what did you guys do last night?”

Taemin choked on his drink and Minho went all red, his spectacles fell off of his face.

“Wh–why did you ask?” Minho was flustered.

“Oh my god they did it!” Key squealed rather loudly.

“Gross!!!” Kai screamed a weird high pitched tone. “Aaaakkkkk!”

Taemin immediately buried his face on the table and Minho was so speechless. Key was someone he couldn’t understand his existence, the diva just knew everything without being told. Minho was definitely flustered.

“Shut up, you guys!”

“Oh god he just unconsciously admitted it!” Key .

“Are you guys official now?” Kai asked.

“We’ve registered our marriage long time ago,” Taemin played innocent.

“Not that! Officially together as one... physically...” Kai muffled his teasing laugh.

“Taemin and I were married, okay!”

Taemin, Key and Kai suddenly rounded their eyes. Minho looked around stupidly, realized that his voice were too loud, too late though, people already gasped and started to whisper.

“Uh-oh...” Key covered his mouth and slowly stood up, pulling Kai along to escape the emerging situation.

Well it was Minho’s fault to accidentally shout about their relationship when they agreed not to tell anybody. Looking at the situation now, there was no other way but to run away–for now. The crowd gradually closed the gaps for an explanation and Minho went into panic strikes.

“Where do you think you’re going? Help us to get out of here!” Minho groaned while grabbing Key’s shirt.

“Run!” Kai suggested.

“No I can’t...” Minho replied, eyes shook to the crowd and Taemin.

“Why??” Key asked.

“Taemin– I don’t think he can run. He’s still in pain.”

“Yuck!! You don’t have to make us remember that!” Their best friends protested.

“God, Minho hyung...” Taemin went face palm at the embarrassment.

“Then pick him up, stupid smartass!”

“Ah–right!”

 

 

----

Keut~ Phew it's pretty long, I know. 7670 words if you want to know how much the word counts lol. How do you like this arranged marriage story? Tell me tell me, leave a lot of comments please.... I need them as much as I need oxygen to breathe><

Anyway, thank you minominotae, for the challenge^^ Is this close to your expectation? (I hope so). And! I woke up to a selca of 2min in MCoutndown and hell yeah! What an amazing start of the day! They look so asdfghjkl Jongkey selca too! And blurry Onew selca (as usual) too! Aww~ SHINee fighting!! SHAWOL fighting!! Let's do our best for the boys!

love,

aqcelnicorus :D