always

lovepaints

lovepaints

A dainty girl sat cross-legged at a wooden bench and table, facing the picturesque school of red, blue and gold. She held a dagger paintbrush in her hand, laying colour to the half-completed painting in front of her. The wind blew across the grounds slowly, down the red slope across the field, around the boys playing soccer on the astroturf, and up the golden, stone, steps – flicking at the edges of her hair. Slowly, carefully, her paintbrush moved across the canvas, bringing the colours to life with intricate consideration.

Like all other days, she was joined by a petite girl, stumbling in after class with her baby blue backpack, teetering on the edge of the slope beside the stairs on the way up to the bench playfully. The girl with the backpack took a seat on the other side of the bench, facing the back of the first girl. She set down her backpack beside her, and took in the marvellous sight before her eyes, before pulling out her sketchbook and coloured pencils and placing them on the table.

The sunlight illuminated the outline of Jelly’s hair and caressed her soft cheeks, accentuating her beautiful and delicate features.

Hey you, Jelly said. Her face lit up with a smile as she turned around to greet the other girl who just arrived. She left the canvas behind her and put her paintbrush on top of the box of paints, balancing it carefully, before looking back up at Taeyeon.

Hey! Taeyeon replied happily. Guess what?

What? Jelly asked obediently, smiling.

I got into the art school. Taeyeon’s voice buzzed with quiet excitement.

Yet somewhere within that reverberation, a single note of sadness, carefully masked, could be heard.

Congratulations! Oh my… You did it Tae! What did I tell you about…

Jelly almost let it go, if not for the hint of a frown on Taeyeon’s lips when she congratulated her.

…What’s wrong? I thought this was what you wanted since we were kids? Jelly asked in a concerned tone.

Nothing’s wrong. I just... nothing’s wrong. Taeyeon forced her lips in a smile.

Jelly leaned forward and placed her hand on top of Taeyeon’s hand.

You’re a terrible liar. Why? What’s so upsetting about getting into CalArts? I would die to go there.

I’m… I’m moving away.

It’s in California, silly, of course, you’re moving away.

But then we won’t be able to meet as often anymore… Can’t you come with me?

Aww… Taengoo~ You’re so precious. Jelly’s laughter tinkled in the air as she poked Taeyeon on the cheek. I told you, I don’t have the money. You have your spring and summer breaks and all the other breaks. On top of that, we can always Skype, you dumbo.

A tear rolled down Taeyeon’s face.

Oh my God, are you crying? What the… Jelly got up from her seat and went around to the other side of the bench to hug Taeyeon. Taeyeon rested her head on Jelly’s shoulders as she cried softly.

You’re being so silly. Taeng. Fine, I promise you we’ll call every day. Okay? How about that? Jelly said as she pulled back and heled Taeyeon’s face in her hands.

Taeyeon nodded her head in silence.

Taeyeon? Look at me~ Jelly sang as she pulled her cheeks and stuck up her tongue to make a stupid face. A face which never failed to make Taeyeon laugh.

Taeyeon smiled a little at first, then broke into a laughter with sad tears still wet on her cheeks.

Every day okay? You promise? Taeyeon said, holding out her pinky finger. Or I won’t go.

I promise.

Jelly took Taeyeon’s pinky in hers and shook on it.

An Instagram update from @jellyjellywing.

Let me save you!

A drawing of a girl chewing down on a watermelon of her favourite things in the world. Peas. Minions. Ginger. Jack Skellington. No-Face.

The cute picture made Taeyeon smile. Even now, her heart fluttered whenever she saw a picture posted by jellyjellywing in tribute to her. A year had passed since they had last since each other. One year since they had stopped talking to each other. Taeyeon missed Jelly’s cute voice. Her smile. Her laughter.

Taeyeon missed Jelly.

.

I still love you.

Taeyeon typed with her phone hidden under the retractable desk as the host of the art exhibition delivered his opening speech.

As the sound of desks hitting the side of chairs and the shuffling of feet filled the air, Taeyeon sighed and closed her eyes. Hitting the backspace button on her phone’s keyboard by memory, she typed out a new comment and hit the “send” button. Her heart feeling a tender ache as she kept those words unsaid.

Still love your art.

.

Hundreds of miles away, Jelly received a notification: Taeyeon_ss has left a comment one of your photos.

With a slight excitement in her heart, Jelly opened up her Instagram app and read Taeyeon’s comment. Taeyeon’s words stuck her like a lightning bolt, bringing back feelings of nostalgia and hidden emotions of the past to the surface. Jelly couldn’t control the tears that formed and fell from her eyes, nor the slight shaking of her body as she sobbed in the silence of her loft.

Silent paintings hung on the white walls around her. Each telling a story of its own. But there was only one which Jelly admired longingly before she went to sleep every night.

A painting of Taeyeon and Jelly holding hands as they sat on the bench overlooking the field in the school, with the sun setting beautifully in the background.

Smiling to herself, in remembrance of their past, their memories, and of their love, Jelly typed out a reply.

<3 Always love you.

.

 

A/N:

I got all I need when I got you and I

I look around me, and see a sweet life

I’m stuck in the dark but you’re my flashlight

You’re getting me, getting me through the night.

flashlight - jessie j

My favourite, and probably the most detailed, one-shot out of all the one-shots I’ve written as well. Inspired by @taeyeon_ss’s unfollowing of @jellyjellywing on Instagram and their comments to each other. I can’t take the feels:’) *I know that Taeyeon commented on a different picture but in the context of this one-shot, this seemed a lot more pretty and realistic so yeah. I really, really like this one-shot, so maybe I’ll continue the story(: It is almost like a prologue/introduction in itself already;)

The title of the story is inspired by lovepaints.tumblr.com. The owner of the site used to make graphic edits for Girl’s Generation and other kpop groups, but she has since moved on (something which I quietly respect). Her tumblr handle has and always will be one of my favourites, and thus it has taken the name of this story.

With love, to Alexis, (ex)-owner of lovepaints.tumblr.com, @taeyeon_ss, love of my life, and @jellyjellywing, the most beautiful artist ever. Always Jelly’s fan.

Let me know if you’ll enjoy reading a “sequel”/”full story” in the comments. Do check out my other work if you haven’t at http://www.asianfanfics.com/profile/view_author_stories/971959/L

Oh, and if any of you know Jelly’s real name, please leave it in the comments too! It’ll help me with future chapters (if any) (;

Leave me comments and likes and subscribeys and all those lovely things cause they make me so, so happy(:

As always, love you all(:

koofs