Chapter 1

Make It Double
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Carrying the gurgling adorable ball of mush that was his son, Kyungsoo looked around his home, trying to figure out if there was anything he could do to make the place more festive then it already was.

 

“Don’t worry, babe. It looks perfect, just like the movies.” Jongin placed a gentle kiss on their baby’s head, wrapping his arms around his petite husband.

 

It would have been the scene of pure love and hallmark cards, if it weren’t for the fact that they were inspecting the amount of blood scattered around the body of a brainless zombie.

 

If you thought our happy family was into some strange sadistic , you’re terribly mistaken.

 

You see, our first time parents Kim Jongin and his husband Kyungsoo were beyond excited about celebrating their son Sehun’s first Halloween ever, going all out with decorating their apartment with scary props and cute pumpkin lanterns, among other things (read: headless zombies).

 

Halloween had always been one of those holidays that were really close to their hearts, because it was this day 6 years ago, that they met each other at a costume party at a bar in Hongdae, changing the course of their entire lives that one night.

 

They went out to celebrate the holiday in the area every year since then, but now that Sehun was here, they decided to do the mature thing and celebrate it as a costume party at their apartment.

 

“You’re right Jong, its perfect.” Kyungsoo leaned into his husband’s warm embrace, just thinking about how extremely lucky he was to be blessed with such a beautiful family.

 

Realising something suddenly, his eyebrows furrowed cutely and he looked back at his husband who was now making silly faces at their son.

 

“Jongin, did you pick up the costumes for the party?” Kyungsoo asked the tan male questioningly, knowing that Jongin had been very excited about getting to pick the costumes they were going to wear this year. Apparently, it was a surprise and he wouldn’t know until the last minute.

 

God, he hated surprises.

 

“Yes sir, I did. And they’re going to be awesome.” Kyungsoo did not appreciate the sly little smirk on his husband’s face, but he knew he was going to have to be ready for absolutely anything. After all, the man was quite the prankster.

 

**

 

It was six hours later with all the cooking for the party done and the house cleaned up, that Kyungsoo asked his husband to reveal that night’s costumes, fingers all but crossed.

 

Jongin, who had just bathed baby Sehun, just smiled at the male mysteriously. “Let me give you a hint boo, okay? I’ll change Sehun into his costume, and you can guess what it is.”

 

Jongin ran back to the bathroom, changing Sehun in the wash basin as the baby giggled, excited about how happy his father looked.

 

When he saw Sehun ready, he bit his lips, his eyes tearing up with emotion. This costume had been a dream for so long, now it was finally happening- becoming the reality he had always known it would eventually become.

 

Sehun gurgled noisily as he moved around in the onesie, fascinated by his costume. Jongin placed him on the ground right next to the door, asking him to crawl out into the bedroom, where his other father was waiting for him, for a dramatic effect.

 

Because yes, a one year baby knows exactly how to make dramatic entrances, amirite?

 

Jongin hurried to the bedroom where Kyungsoo was sitting in anticipation, waiting for Sehun to make his appearance.

 

Kyungsoo’s eyes widened as he saw his baby giggle cutely as he made his way (aka crawled) towards him, dressed in, wait what was that?

 

“Jongin, why is our son dressed up in a cat onesie? Are we going as bigger cats or something? Like its cute and all, but really, was all the secrecy really required?”

 

Jongin was stunned that his usually smart husband couldn’t tell how amazing the costume was. A cat? He was shocked at how simplistic his mind was.

 

“No Soo baby, stop. It’s not a cat costume. Sehunnie is Meowth. Pokemon? The game? The amazing cartoon series? The insanely successful media franchise?” Since he got a blank stare from Kyungsoo, he literally tugged his hair in frustration. Why was Kyungsoo refusing to see the awesomeness of the whole thing?

 

Suddenly a ray of understanding hit Kyungsoo’s face. “OH, that. Right. Listen Jongin, does that make us what I think it does? Because if I know you very well and I do, I think that makes us---“

 

“YES, OHMYGOD KYUNGSOO, WE’RE GOING AS TEAM ROCKET. MY CHILDHOOD DREAM IS FINALLY REAL” Jongin couldn’t really help himself as he screamed, surprising Sehun into loud tears and even louder wailing.

 

“Really? Really Jongin? Team Rocket? Why did I even marry you?” Kyungsoo couldn’t help rolling his eyes, trying to sooth

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter