This Was How It Started

Peter Pan And The Girl He Loves

Taehyung had met Maya when they were kids, when Maya just turned fourteen. He had been roaming around alone, just wandering what was out there for him to find and interest himself with. Unknowingly he stopped in front of a window, looking at Maya trying to get herself up after tripping over the edge of her bed. She was hurting and she looked like she was in the worst pain. The usual Taehyung would give no attention to something like that but somehow he did and he flew in through her window. Shocked and thrown aback, Maya could only scream. What are the chances of you having to meet a boy flying into your empty home with you on the floor literally immobile because you had foolishly walked into the foot of your own bed?

 

“How… No, no, I mean I know how you got in here but how did you come in here like that?” Maya had asked pointing towards Taehyung’s feet that were floating in the air seconds back and she took a step back.

 

Taehyung chuckled lightly and took a large steep forward touching Maya’s knee, which was starting to show a bruise. His brows furrowed as he wondered if all humans were like her, if they just walk into wood. He looked up to see Maya still staring at him but the initial fear in her eyes had long diminish.

 

“My name is Taehyung.” He introduced himself with a handsome smile, holding out his hand. Maya, who was still filled with doubt about this stranger, held out hers in return. While she was indeed curious as to who this stranger is, there was no way a boy like him could pose as a danger to her.

 

“Milady,” he teased, pulling her hand close to his lips and kissing it, leaving the poor girl blushing.

 

“Why did you do that!” Maya had retaliated but her cheeks, reddened, went against her and Taehyung fell over into a fit of giggles.

 

“I think you should go… I don’t even know you!” Maya concluded when Taehyung refused to stop laughing at her.

 

“You know my name.” he playfully responded and Maya just groaned in return. It was strange. She is fully aware that there is a stranger in her room but she did not feel threatened… in fact, she felt comforted by his presence.

 

“Have we met before?” she asked him and Taehyung just shrugged.

 

Taehyung watched as this girl he just met waltzed around in her room, cleaning up the pile of books and the scattered candles she had placed in the corners of the space she could find. Her feet were one with the pale tile floor and she looked like she grew out the belly of the brightest mayflower. Her fingers, long and slender, slid across the white walls as she sat lean frame beside the opened window. The moon was by her side and her eyes, shone brighter than it was and Taehyung wondered if he was seeing it right. Taehyung rubbed his eyes in silence before walking towards her. Unknowingly, he reached out to hold her face in the palm of his hand and he felt a warmth he had never experienced in the span of his long, long life.

 

“What are you doing?” she had asked him, shocked at his sudden action but the affection on his face was making her feel as sorts of tranquility.

 

“Maya, do you want to come with me?” he had asked and it did not take long for her to nod and for him to pull her out the window, hand clasped tight together, riding on the soft waves of the night sky.