Halloween

Halloween

Jinki found himself letting out a breath he didn’t know he was holding when the doctor finished explaining what was wrong with his boyfriend’s leg. He found himself a little at peace since the last few hours after their concert ended. It was started with Jonghyun feeling a pain on his leg and asking Jinki for a help. He was clueless with what might be happened with Jonghyun’s leg and was panicked to see his boyfriend groaning in pain but couldn’t do anything to make it better. He was thankful that their managers immediately took him to the nearest hospital so he could get some medical treatments to ease the pain. It turned out that Jonghyun injured himself due to the tight schedule and intense dancing that caused his weak leg to give up.

“Don’t overwork yourself anymore,” was what Jinki said on their ride back to the hotel, with Jonghyun snuggled close to Jinki, seeking comfort from the older.

***

It was two days before their company’s Halloween party when Jinki finally lose his on the younger. All he wanted was for Jonghyun to ing rest his tired body yet the other were being insistent that he wasn’t that hurt to do this and that and that Jinki was just being overprotective.

“It’s just another party, Jonghyun. You can always attend it next year.”

“But hyung, I’m like the key of this party. I mean you know this year’s theme is –“

“The party will go on just fine even if you're not attending. Being the answer of this stupid quest doesn’t mean you have to attend despite your broken leg. Besides, no one says you’re required to come.”

“But hyung, it won’t be fun if I’m –“

“No.” The shift on Jinki’s voice told Jonghyun that the older was pissed off and wasn’t in the mood for an argument so Jonghyun decided to let it go for tonight. After all, he still had one more day to convince Jinki that attending this party wouldn’t do any harm to him.

 

“Taemin-ah, look at my costume!” Jonghyun was proudly showing off his great Halloween costume when Taemin entered their room.

“Just a friendly reminder, Jinki hyung won’t allow you to come.”

“Way to ruin my mood.”

“I’m coming, though.” He added.

“Better prepare to receive his wrath when we get back.”

Jonghyun was so close to slapping Taemin on the face but the fact that Minho wouldn’t appreciate a red mark on Taemin’s porcelain face stopped him from doing so.

“Have you prepared yours?” Jonghyun tried to change the topic.

“I’m going to dress up as a vampire this year.”

“Again? That’s so uncreative.”

“Please do not be mistaken. I don’t do it for the sake of this stupid party. I do it for Minho instead.”

Jonghyun gave him a disapproving look when Taemin mentioned the word stupid and wondered why everybody thought of this as stupid and unimportant party. He couldn’t be the only one who was excited for this. When would they get to see their colleagues in unique costumes if it wasn’t at the company’s Halloween party?

“What Minho has to do with this?”

“I found out that he has a for vampire Taemin. He finds it y and kinda turns him on.” Jonghyun could see the way Taemin smiled on whatever thought he had on his dirty mind.

“Ugh, I’m so done with you and your hormones. Sometimes I just fail to understand what the heck Minho sees in you.”

“Perfection.”

“I think I have to remind Minho to not spoil you so much I think you’ve caught a superiority complex.”

“It’s not my fault that I appear to be a perfect human being in front of him and use it to get what I want.”

“You only want from Minho?” Jonghyun’s voice had just gone a few octaves higher on that.

“Oh God hyung, I think you’re not only injured your leg but also your brain. Let me just help you this time. You can’t persuade Jinki hyung into letting you go to the party just because you’re the answer of this silly hunt. As far as I know, he’s very concerned with your mental state. I mean, you’re sensitive and being caged up at dorm when everyone’s having fun is pretty upsetting and knowing that the fans would question your whereabouts if we’re to come as four isn’t helping either.” Taemin flashed his cunning smile when Jonghyun was getting what he had tried to imply.

“I think I can see what Minho might see in you.”

***

“Hyung, can I come in?” Jonghyun whispered from Jinki’s door, not wanting to step in before he got Jinki’s permission.

Jinki, who was reading a book on his bed when he heard the sound of the door open, nodded his head and encouraged his boyfriend to enter.

Jonghyun carefully made his way to Jinki’s bed with the help of the crutches. He sat on the bedside before leaned down to hug his boyfriend and rested his head at the crook of Jinki’s neck. Jonghyun didn’t say anything, just feeling the warmth that emanated from his boyfriend’s body and enjoying the togetherness that came off as a luxury for them this time around.

“It’s still a no.” Jinki muttered out of nowhere as if he understood why his boyfriend was there on the first place.

“Hmm…” Jonghyun hummed. “I know. That’s why I come to say have fun with the others. Have you prepared your costumes? What about the make-up? You need to have everything well prepared to surprise our fans. Do not disappoint them.”

Jinki let out a long sigh before closing his book that was forgotten the moment Jonghyun hold onto him and put it on the night table. “Isn’t it about the time for you to sleep?”

The younger reluctantly sat up and gave Jinki one last look before reaching for his crutch. “Good night, hyung.” He said as he slowly made his way out of the room.

Jinki gave up at the sight of his poor boyfriend so he got on his feet and caught up with Jonghyun. He quickly told Jonghyun he would stay with him until he fell asleep when the younger gave him a questioning look. He escorted Jonghyun to his room and helped him on the bed, making sure that he was fully covered before humming a lullaby for him.

“Sssh… you’ll wake Taemin up and he will nag at us.” Jonghyun warned.

Jinki stopped his humming and opted on patting the younger’s hands that were folded neatly on his chest. As Jonghyun’s eyes were starting to drop, Jinki came into thinking that he might be too strict to the injured boy. He just wanted the best for him but then again he was being too selfish and probably stressed up the other with his restrictions. Jonghyun only wanted to have a good time with the members and entertain their fans. He started to question his decision to keep him in the dorm. How would he feel when he saw all the updates from the party on the internet? Would he feel all lonely and left out? With a clouded mind, Jinki exited the room and headed into his room. Maybe letting him go to the party wasn’t that bad of idea.

***

Jinki woke up to the noise which he could already guess as s having breakfast together. He got out of his bed, washed his face, and quickly joined the others in the kitchen.

“Good morning, hyung.” Minho was the first to greet him. He noted that Kibum wasn’t there yet, probably still deep in slumber or busy applying skin care products. He nodded to Minho and took a seat next to Jonghyun.

“Hyung, what are you going to wear for the party? Minho hyung is going as Conan.” Taemin asked him, the eagerness in his voice made Jinki’s lips curved into a smile.

“It’s a secret.”

“Oh, come on, hyung. Tell us. We need to know if you’re going to do something fun or going for a safe and boring concept like Minho.” Jonghyun whined.

“It’s not boring!” Minho defended.

“You only go for something that makes you look all handsome and charming and it’s no fun, at all.”

“My fans will like it.”

Jonghyun rolled his eyes. “You guys need to come with something so surprising that no one would notice my absence!”

“Your fans will notice it at the first glance and the rest will follow.” Minho spoke up.

“Take a picture together and hyung or kibum can upload it on SNS saying this is for me who spends Halloween with family or something like that so they won’t get worried.”

“We’re coming as five so no one is going to get worried and Kibum is going as Edward Scissorhands so it’s good enough for us.” Jinki said, effectively silenced s.

“Does it mean… you’re giving me the permission to come along with you?” Jonghyun carefully confirmed the news.

Jinki didn’t dare to meet the other eyes because he was sure they were extremely similar to a pair of sparkling eyes you saw on an overly excited puppy. “Yeah, just be careful not to get hurt.”

Jonghyun grinned so wide, Taemin was sure it reached his ears. He then turned to exchange a knowing look with the smirking Taemin before spilling out his plan for the party to the others who were completely uninterested.

When they were done with their meals, Jinki and Taemin were left behind to clean up. “I know you must be behind this. I don’t care what trick you use on Minho to fulfill your animal desire but don’t ever think to share it with Jonghyun. I hate having my weakness being used against me.”

“It was hyung who made you feel guilty and had no option but giving up, not me. And why is everyone thinking that I’m only up for with Mino hyung? I love him!”

“Yeah, but it was your idea, I’m sure of that.” Jinki emphasized. “And come on Tae, you’re 24/7 and is there anything you do with Minho that do not involve ?”

“It’s not my fault that he chose to pull off my brilliant idea. It was his decision. I have nothing to do with it, except for saying out loud what’s inside my 24/7 mind. And there is!!! There are so many things we do that do not involve like –“

“No, I don’t want to hear that.” Jinki cut off. “Next time you do this again, I’ll make you sleep with manager hyung when we have overseas schedule.”

Taemin huffed and left the kitchen to run into his boyfriend.

“Minho should be coming around five minutes from now with a very comprehensive speech on how Taemin didn’t mean it that way and why we shouldn’t be too strict to the youngest. And I would take my words because I can’t resist Minho and Taemin will be more of an unstoppable little brat.” Jinki muttered to himself. Being SHINee’s leader was indeed exhausting. But hey, he got to date and threatened the others one time and another just to see their cute pouting faces and had the authority to shoo them away when he wanted to have some time alone with Jonghyun. Not that bad, though.


I haven't had the time to write a new chapter both for That Man's Child and After You. I hope you enjoy this while waiting for me :)