Chapter 3

You're Invited
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Before the Wedding

 

“YAH! BOM-AH!” Dara yelled through the phone as soon as Bom picked up her call

 

“Well, good morning to you, too.” Bom replied.

 

“What’s the meaning of this? Why did I just receive an invitation to my own wedding? What’s going on here?!” Dara said staring at the invitation in question.

 

“You see, dear friend, we’re celebrating my birthday early this year. That right there is an invitation to my party!”

 

“What?” It took a while before it hit Dara that her best friend is a fan of crazy party ideas. “Oh, no. I knew you having too much time off was a bad idea. You’re my best friend but I am not getting married just for kicks, and not to Kwon Jiyong of all people.”

 

Bom laughed from the other line. “Breathe. It’s just a fake wedding. No one’s getting hitched for real. How did you know it was me, though?”

 

“It has the infamous Park Bom emblem on the back.” Dara explained

 

“You have a great attention to detail! You’ll do well for the party.”

 

“What do you mean?”

 

“As much as I want you to be the center of everything, your special day will be overshadowed by someone’s death.”

 

“WHAT?!”

 

“Someone will die.” Bom plainly said. Dara’s eyes threatened to pop out of its sockets.

 

“I love you, Bom, but killing someone just for your entertainment is cruel. Not to mention, illegal!”

 

“Chill, Dee.”

 

“How can I chill when you’re plotting to murder someone? Doesn’t this make me an accomplice since I already know about your plans? I can’t go to jail for this. Jail time doesn’t fit my schedule.”

 

“Calm down, Dara. It’s a murder mystery party.”

 

“What?”

 

“My guests will spend the whole night figuring out who killed the victim at your wedding.” Bom explained as if it was the most natural thing in the world.

 

“You have completely lost your marbles, Bom-ah.” Dara massaged her temples that are threatening to give her a migraine.

 

“It’s okay. You love me anyway. I’ll bother you tomorrow with more details. For now, just read the invitation and the character study file so you can be in complete character for the party. I love you, Dee!”

 

“Yah! I didn’t even agree y--“

 

Bom hanged up on her before she could even finish talking. “This girl will be the death of me.”

 

There wasn’t much time to recover when her phone suddenly rang.

 

It was Jiyong.

 

“Hello?

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter