Secret Mango Night

Secret Mango Night

 

 

Wonsik sighs in appreciation as he dries his blond hair with the hotel's towel. Steam streams out of the bathroom, mirror fogged with the hot moisture of two showers in such a short delay.

 

The mango aroma still floats in the room. They had a mango party earlier. Still, they were all tired and the lack of makeup made their dark circles contrast with the paleness of their barely-out-of-winter skin tone. Wonsik think it's one of the best moments he had with the guys so far. Of course it was work. Of course they had to keep a little decorum. But VIXX being VIXX, they ended up making fun of Taekwoon once again. Not in a mean way, no. It's just... the less Leo-hyung reacts to their gags, the more they have fun: feeling ridiculous in front of everyone, in front of Starlights, that, that was the best part of being an Idol.

 

Sanghyuk and Taekwoon dragged their drained out bodies out of their room and Jaehwan called dibs on the shower, leaving Wonsik alone with the sticky mess of mango juice splattered on the small wooden table. Wonsik considered on sweeping the mess away, but he felt dirty already with all the dried sweat and moisture stuck in his pores. They were in Philippines: way more humid than Korea, but they have amazing fruits, so it makes up for the unpleasant climate.

 

Wonsik skips through the recorded parts of their 'mango party'. Mostly, it's him behind the camera, laughing at Sanghyuk's antics. The scene makes him realise, all of a sudden, that Hyuk's not a child anymore. He's grown up so much during the past three years. Now he's not keeping quiet in front of the camera anymore, stands out more with his witty comebacks. Wonsik shakes his head with a light smile: brat.

 

But there's this feeling in the pit of his stomach, the warmth he feels only towards s, his colleagues, his companions, his accomplices in crime. His brothers.

 

He's proud.

 

Wonsik's proud when he stands on stage with them. He knows he owes them more than anything he could ever possess for everything they are living right now, for seeing countries he never knew existed, for meeting his own Idols in places he only dreamt about during his quiet teenage years.

 

Wonsik's proud when fans stop them in the streets or scream 'I love you' and 'VIXX fighting!!' from afar. When he takes group photos or selcas with the crowd. When said crowd still screams at the top of their lungs even if it's been two hours and everybody in their right minds would have stopped before breaking their voices for days. When the comments on his Twitter account make him feel like he's the only Idol in the world, like he's supported. For all that, he's proud.

 

On the small screen of the hand camera, Jaehwan is impersonating a culturist with mangoes in the sleeves of his t-shirt as muscles. He can't help but laugh out loud at the functioning of this friend's mind.

 

At the same moment, the bathroom door swings open and almost immediately Jaehwan wants to know what's funny, because it's simply impossible for him to ignore a joke.

 

Wonsik pushes the camera in his hands and stands up to shower as well. His eyes are starting to itch from the lack of sleep from the last three days and he'd pretty much appreciate to be able to rest for at least four hours before he has to kick himself out of bed and go out for some sound tests with the guys.

 

Wonsik sighs in appreciation as he dries his blond hair with the hotel's towel. Steam streams out of the bathroom, mirror fogged with the hot moisture of two showers in such a short delay. It's so good to finally wash up a long day's work sweat. Wonsik's not sure there's anything more comforting than the feeling of hot water hitting his skin, his tension lowering until he's finally ready to crash in bed.

 

When he gets out, Jaehwan is playing with the camera, sprawled flat out on his belly on Wonsik's bed.

 

"What are you doing?" He asks as he joins him belly first. "Aren't you tired?" They're laying side by side, so close it's almost like a pile of bodies.

 

"Hmm? Yeah, of course I am" Jaehwan's voice is soft, the one voice you can only hear at 2:44 in the morning after a 6 hours flight and the rest of the day dancing around and playing cutting fruits with other kids. "I just don't feel like sleeping just yet. I was thinking about shooting a short bare-face scene for Starlights."

 

Wonsik steals back the camera and without hesitation presses the red button.

 

"We took a bath" he announces the camera. It's always the same feeling when he does videos like this. It's hard to explain. Like the camera is worth thousands of eyes watching him and then all he has to do is be pleasant and entertaining enough so he would have to film other scenes and...

 

Idol mode comes out almost immediately. It's like a second skin. Or maybe more like an old sweater you're not able to throw away because it's too comfortable.

 

Things go smoothly from then on. Wonsik uses the last of his energy to shoot a pseudo MV on a dirty American rap song. He ends up falling on the floor, Jaehwan laughing at him from the top of the bed. Wonsik's laughing too. He should have anticipated it, seen how close to the edge of the bed he was. He can't get it into himself to be embarrassed about it. He only comes back and chooses another song, a calmer one since he wants to be able to relax a bit before he dozes off.

 

He's back in his original spot and the music flows from his phone. It's a song him and Jaehwan used to practice with, for voice practice and freestyle rap. The beat is slow and relaxing, maybe a little too much, even.

 

They're sprawled there, arms thrown everywhere in front of them, making it difficult to distinguish which one is whose. It's familiar, homey.

 

Wonsik's eyelids are heavier with each passing minute. He wants to sing out with Jaehwan, but opts for resting his head on the mattress instead. Jaehwan can sing alone, it wouldn't be the first time anyways.

 

Of course his voice is higher than the original version of the track, but Wonsik is still amazed with his roommate's vocal abilities. He's compressing his lungs by laying onto them, tired as Hell from a long day's work and he's there, singing as if everything was easy in life.

 

That's when Wonsik feels proud again. He's proud, because while he himself is about to fall dead tired, Jaehwan, even if not in a better state than him, still has enough motivation to sing. Wonsik's closes his eyes for two seconds, two dangerous seconds where he almost falls asleep immediately. He shakes himself awake, moving his head, but his chin landing onto Jaehwan's arm.

 

It's almost like an automatism when he bites at the pliant skin under his chin. Just like a dog would munch on a plushie it likes, Wonsik, randomly bites the skin, nips at it. Jaehwan protests, but stays in the exact same spot. It's not harsh, it's affection.

 

Wonsik is a softie. He has a fierce manly face, but it's only appearances. He jokes, plays around and makes good use of skinship when he judges appropriate. Though right now is...

 

There's no word to describe how that moment is. It's warm, friendly, cozy, yes. But it's a whole new level of comfort to be sprawled out in a hotel bathrobe in front of a camera, limbs tangled with Jaehwan's who' singing beside him like it's a lullaby.

 

Wonsik swears he could fall asleep on the spot.

 

And he does.

 

For a brief, ephemeral moment, he loses consciousness, only to jump awake two heartbeats later.

 

Funny how well each other understand it's time to stop playing around and finally go to bed. Wonsik shakes his head to regain a little composure, his mind still fuzzy with interrupted sleep. Jaehwan by his side starts saying his goodbyes to the camera, to Starlights, and Wonsik is once again amazed by his cuteness. Aegyo comes so naturally for him that Wonsik wonders if anyone can truly dislike him. Like, he's 3 years old and needs constant attention: try to resist a cherry bubbly 3 years old.

 

It's not possible.

 

Not when said boy is a grown up with amazing voice and the cutest aegyo. Not when he's fake-pouting like that and the only thing Wonsik can see is his bottom lip, so plump, so pink.

 

Wonsik's not gay.

 

But at the moment he almost, almost wished he was.

 

He drops the camera as soon as he stops the recording, the machine rolling and falling off the bed. Nevermind. He'd pick it up in the morning. For the moment he only wants to sleep.

 

Rolling on his side, not even bothering to get under the covers, Wonsik snuggles closer to Jaehwan who doesn't look like he'll be moving anytime soon.

 

He drapes his arm around the other's body, close enough so he can press his chin on top of his friend's head. Jaehwan exhales and relaxes in the embrace.

 

Wonsik's not gay, but he's a cuddler. It comes with the overflowing pride he feels for his band members, he supposes, like a way to show them how he appreciates their presence. Or is it because he's just a human-like teddy bear?

 

It's warm, comfy. Jaehwan's breathing tickles his collarbone and the steady rhythm of it works wonders, just like the lullaby he was singing minutes prior.

 

Wonsik's nose is buried in Jaehwan's hair. It's not often that things like these happen, but it's worth it. Scent is familiar, makes Wonsik want to sleep there for days, until all the stress from work and travelling would have gone away. It smells like the fancy shampoo Hakyeon forces them to use in order to protect their harshly manhandled hair. Wonsik also catches another scent, mixed with the fancy hair product one. Or maybe it's only the drying juice on the table 4 foot far on his left. It's sweet and exotic. Unforgettable.

 

Wonsik smiles.

 

Mangoes. 

 

 

 


A/N: Okay so it didn't come out exactly as I wanted it to.. :s but there is is, 1,7k words of fluff (?) 

THAT SCENE

THAT SCENE EVERYONE.

AM I THE ONLY ONE OR...?? Please tell me I'm not the only one! :o 

©Gifs not mine, credits to owner!! (and thanks to owner, at the same occasion bc... X_X)