Birthday // Daehyun x Youngjae

Only Humans, Just Ordinary People.

It's my fault. It always is. I'm in the wrong, and he's always in the right. Whatever I did, it gives him the opportunity to speak up and comment on it. sighs What can I do, I'm never good enough.. There were so many moments I made him angry, and he was right.. I never apologized, not even once..


When it was his birthday.

"Where's my present, Youngjae?" He looked at me with a gaze that explains fully how true 'looks can kill'. I did not know whether I should be honest to him or not. Either ways, he'll get infuriated. Truthfully, I hadn't had time to go look for a birthday gift for him. My schedules were packed, I came back late at night every day. 

I was exhausted.

"God, if the others could give me a present, why couldn't you?" I could hear him grunting while I was trying to come up with something to say that could help me in this.

"Don't you love me anymore?" I knew he was getting impatient, I could tell from the tone of his voice.

"Look, you little piece of , just because you're my boyfriend, it doesn't mean you could go around, playing with my feelings. Now, answer me. Do you love me, or do you not?" I wanted to scream 'Yes, I do!' but for some unknown reason, I found it difficult to speak. I tremble in fear whenever he gets frustrated. I cleared my throat before speaking up softly.

"Yes, I do.." As soon as I responded to his question, he grabbed the closest object to him (a picture of us taken when we first started dating) and threw it towards me. It landed on the floor near me and I jolted in shock at the loud sound it made. But that wasn't the end of it.

"How many more times do you have to do this to me, Youngjae? You say you love me, I would believe you, but after what you've done, do you think I would?" He's done with me, he's tired of me. He's finally about to break..

"You know what, you can go to hell, I'm done with you. After everything you've done, not once have you ever apologized. I'm disappointed with you, Yoo Youngjae." He spoke in a soft yet rough tone. I watched as he stomped into our room and came back into the living room with his duffle bag. He twisted the knob to the main door open, and as soon as he walked out, the door slammed shut. Only after that, I broke down into tears. Tears of regret. My eyes were clouded with tears and I fell on my knees in front of the photo frame that was left broken earlier. I took the picture in my hands, looking at it with a sense of longing. 

"Happy birthday, Daehyun.." was what I uttered. But this time, I wouldn't be able to see his smile ever again nor would he be able to hear it from my very own mouth.