You & I

You & I ~ Oneshot

"Come on, let's go, Bommie~!" Sandara tugged at my wrist. "Are you sure about this?" "Yes~! Se7en oppa said he set us up with good looking guys! AND we're allowed to date!!" She seemed a bit too excited but then again, after three years of no relationships, I would be too. But something about it didn't want me to start one yet. Maybe it was just butterflies, after all, I haven't been on a date in a while. "Fine. But you're driving."

"
WASSUP WE-" "Bommie!!" "Oh, sorry." I forgot we were supposed to be the normal people Park Bom and Park Sandara and not Bom and Dara of 2NE1. "Now, try again." We were still in her car, dancing around in our seat to I am the Best. "Naega jail jal naga~" Sandara was moving in her seat and drumming the wheel lightly with her fingertips. "Stop, you're going to get into an accident!" "By dancing?" "Yeah! Death by dancing." We both giggled. "Well, we're almost there so just work on saying 'Annyeonghaseyo' and I think you'll be fine." "But..." "What?" Sandara flashed a glance at me before turning on her turn signal. "Nevermind." Whatever was going to happen, I had a weird feeling about this.

"Annyeonghaseyo, I'm Park Bom." I did a small bow in my seat. "And I'm Park Sandara~! You're the oppas that Se7en oppa knows, right?" She smiled. And I tried my best to keep my spirits up. The man on the left had short black hair and a friendly grin. "Annyeonghaseyo, I'm Choi Junsu." The man on the right seemed a bit... different. He didn't say a word until now but when he did, the biggest smile arrived on his face. It wasn't creepy, it was... extremely cute. "And I'm Kwon Kevin." Kwon Kevin? Why did that sound familiar? His chocolate colored bangs covered half of his hazel eyes. Hazel? "Are you, perhaps, of mixed parents?" I asked. He nodded. "Yeah, my father's American." Wait... Why did this sound all too familiar?! "Wait, American father, Korean mother, hazel eyes... Are you Kevy?!" I immediately sat up straight. Kevin just grinned and rested his chin on his right elbow. "Yup. Nice to see you again, Jenny."

"
I can't believe this..." I laugh-scoffed. "You couldn't believe your childhood boyfriend is back?" Sandara and Junsu seemed equally confused. "Uhm... Not to interrupt, but you two know each other?" Sandara tapped her index fingertips together. "We were in the same elementary school, you know, when I lived in America?" "So, you were Jenny and he was... Kevy?" Junsu laughed. Kevin lightly hit his friend's shoulder. "Shut up, we were like, what, eight?" I nodded. "It's true~" Sandara looked over at the waitress bringing our drinks and picked up a bottle of soju. "Enough reminising, let's drink~!!"

Three bottles of soju later, Sandara began to slur her words. "
Und... There was that tim... Where-where she... Fell... Hahahaha." It made no sense but we all laughed anyway, we had no idea what we were doing. "Heheheheh... That was funny, right, Kevin?" I had gotten more attached to "Kevy" in the few hours we were here. "Sure..." He and Junsu didn't drink too much, they said that they were driving home. Sandara was not facing me on the opposite side of the booth, with her head on Junsu's shoulder and his arm around hers. "Haha, so are you guys getting back togetherrrr?" Junsu asked, barely managing to string words together. "Maybe. Hey, Jenny, remember when we had that 'wedding'?" "Omo, with the candy rings? That was gooood."

It was true, Kevin and I were technically "married". We had our wedding under this huge tree that we always climbed around in. In fact, it was also where we met. Some people had made fun of me for being the only person in our school who couldn't speak English very well. "
Hey! Do you wanna play with us?" One of my classmates had said, she was standing in front of a small group of people. I put down my pencil, I was leaning against the big tree. Was she for real? But after seeing her smile, I fell for it. "O-Okay." "Great, then let's play... Jenny in the middle!" The girl grabbed my notebook where I had written some songs when I was feeling emotional. It was special to me. I jumped up to grab it but couldn't react fast enough. "Give it back!"

My voice fell on blind ears. They just tossed my precious notebook around like it was the old baseball the boys loved catching and throwing. One person near me missed catching it, that was my chance. I dived for it. But... It was just a tease. The person caught it and ducked out of the way, allowing me to get splattered in the dirty puddle that was formed after the earlier rainfall. "
Kevin, catch!" Someone called. I saw a blurry figure of a boy catching it. He had chocolate brown hair and hazel eyes. "You guys are dumb-heads." I heard someone say. I looked up to see Kevin, holding my notebook in one hand and reaching out to me with his other. "Are you okay?"

I blinked. Was he talking to me? He spoke again but this time, in Korean. "
Are you okay?" I stared at him blankly but replied in Korean too. "Yeah." I took his hand and he pulled me to my feet. Ahh. Now I remember. He was the boy all the girls giggled around. They also passed notes about him during class. One time, I was asked to pass one to the person next to me and of course I got caught. I saw a glimpse of the note though. 'Kevin is sooo cu-' "You're Jenny, right?" He had switched back to his English tongue. "Oh, yeah. Thanks." I smiled and he flashed one back at me. "Here's your notebook." I blushed. "Thanks again." "Do you want to climb this tree with me?" He patted the trunk of the tree we stood in front of. "Okay~!"

We held hands for the whole day, I remembered. And I got more than one stain on my shirt that day. I fell down way too much. Remembering old memories made me turn red. "
I remember your face was that color when I handed you your notebook." He said before letting out a small laugh. "Hahah." My face burned. "Oh, by the way, do you still go by Kevin here?" Kevin shook his head. "No, my Korean name is Kibum. But you can still call me, Kevin, Jenny." He grazed my nose, that's how close our faces were.

"
Ah! Omo, I need to go." I checked my watch. I was recording my new single tomorrow. "Do you want me to drive you to your dorm?" Kevin whispered into my ear. "No, I'll just call my driver." I took out my phone. "No, it's okay. It doesn't look like Sandara wants to leave anytime soon." He slowly put my hand down. I glanced over at her. She was still chatting and drinking with Junsu. "Well, I guess..." Kevin stood up and took my wrist. "Then, we'll be leaving first." He informed Sandara and Junsu. "Huh? Okay." Junsu wasn't drunk but he was definitely intoxicated with Sandara, who gave a small wave before turning back to the man beside her. "Be careful, you two!"

"
Hah, I think I had too much to drink." I said as I settled down into the passenger seat of Kevin's car. "What's your address?" "Pal-Pal..." I tried saying. I gave up and just wrote it down on a napkin before handing it to Kevin. He punched in the words into his GPS and started the engine. I wasn't sure what he and I said during the drive but all I could remember was that we were smiling the whole time.

The car stopped at a red light. "
Huh? Are we here?" I asked, looking out the window. "Almost. Just a few more blocks." "Oh, alright. Hey, Kevin?" "Yeah?" "Why are you in Korea?" "Hmm?" "Didn't you live in America?" "Oh, my dad started a business here. So, I moved here during high school." "Oh, how come you never got in touch with me?" "I doubted the number you gave me for your fake phone worked." "Oh, right." I giggled like an idiot. The car stopped again. "We're here." Kevin got out of the car and opened the door for me. I exited, turning a rosy color now.

"
Hey, Jenny?" Kevin looked at me. "Y-yeah?" I stuttered. "Did you, did you ever think of seeing me again?" I tried to avoid his gaze but it followed mine. "Sometimes. Did you?" My face was becoming more pink by the second. "Yeah. A lot of times." His face was inching closer to mine. I felt uncomfortable. 'Hey mister, who said you could stand so close?' I thought. "Jenny, I think, even if we were kids, I think I still like you." Maybe it was just my state at the moment but I felt way too happy about that. "Same here." "Then, can we...?" I slowly nodded, even if it wasn't a complete question, I understood everything. All I remember after that is how his face grew closer and I went on my tippy-toes to let our lips meet.