One

Fridays

“Guys! Guess what?!” Irene shouted out loud just as she was entering the dorm after finishing her meeting with the staff at the company.

“What is it, unnie?” Wendy was the first one who responded to Irene’s shouts while the other 3 members were looking at Irene intently waiting for her to speak.

“I’ve just received a MC role to be on music bank!” Irene excitedly exclaimed while her eyes twinkled with excitement.

Irene is the leader of Korean idol girl group, Red Velvet. Debuting at a late age as compared to many of the idols who debuted much younger, she was always anxious about the group’s promotions. She has always thought that she ‘didn’t have much time left’ as compared to the other members in the group, although she’s only 3 years older than Wendy and Seulgi. Having this solo promotion chance would have been the dream of Irene and the group members are all well aware.

“Oh my god unnie, congratulations! You can finally be MC Baechu now!” Yeri cheekily joked while the rest of the members laughed at Yeri being put on a chokehold by Irene after her harmless joke.

“Wait, but if you are taking over Bora unnie’s role as the female MC, who is the new male MC?” Wendy asked curiously.

“It’s… Park Bo Gum.” Irene answered while a shade of pink started to colour her pale cheeks.

Wendy took a sly glance towards Seulgi before exclaiming aloud, ”Actor Park Bo Gum?! The one that unnie likes who acted in a drama with Joo Won?!”

Irene didn’t answer Wendy, instead she just made a small nod before retreating to her room to prepare to wash up. The 2 troublemakers Joy and Yeri went back to watching their favourite cartoon show that was airing on the TV. Seulgi threw a subtle glance to Wendy before retreating to their shared room with Wendy trailing behind her.

“What were you trying to do just now? What was that sly glance you were showing to me all about?” Seulgi whined to Wendy immediately after she had closed the door. “The others could have seen it and would have been suspicious.” The team bear was using her ‘killer’ aegyo and pout on Wendy while complaining.

“Urgh Seulgi seriously, I would have punched you if you were a little more disgusting with all that aegyo and weird facial expressions.” Wendy was utterly disgusted with Seulgi’s display of cuteness, or so she self-proclaimed. Wendy is Seulgi’s best friend, she loves Seulgi a lot. Like a whole lot. But she just doesn’t take cuteness and aegyo very well, plus it’s from Seulgi, her best friend. She would have been fine if Yeri was doing it since she was the youngest, or even Joy since well, Joy was cute. But it was from seulgi, the girl who danced like a machine, sang like a power house and used eyeliner like her life depended on it (maybe it really does). She just absolutely can’t take it and I digressed too much.

Seulgi has been crushing on Irene for 6 years and unfortunately or fortunately, Wendy has knowledge of this fact. It was on a lonely night, when Seulgi couldn’t take the stress of hiding this fact to herself that she confessed to Wendy about it. Wendy was from abroad and has always had a big heart and mind, Seulgi figured she wouldn’t judge her about her crush. Truthfully, Seulgi wasn’t all that sure about confessing to Wendy, but that night, Irene was out on a date with god knows who and Seulgi was really depressed about it. Wendy was reading on her bed when she sensed something wrong with Seulgi. She can sense a depressed bear from miles away what’s more it was just a few steps away. Wendy decided to ask (force) Seulgi to tell her what’s wrong and after much (little) persuasion, Seulgi decided to just spill the beans.

Since then, Seulgi has been suffering under the hands of Son Seungwan the evil Olaf. She would always try to tease Seulgi regarding her crush on Irene, like how she did when they were all gathered just now. Of course no one else knew except for the both of them because Wendy was always subtle with her teasing. Right now, Seulgi is sitting on her bed feeling all anxious about the new MC role that Irene has received. She was, of course really happy and glad that Irene has managed to bag a solo promotion chance since she was well aware of the troubles Irene had (the troubles of being a great great grandmother). Park Bo Gum though, was the problem here. Don’t get Seulgi wrong, she likes him too, in the drama he played with Joo Won, but the problem is Irene likes him way too much in that drama, although Seulgi is supposed to be the one who immerse herself in the role of the female leads. So here they are, Wendy and Seulgi, thinking of counter measures for the tricky situation now.

“Hmm, should we drug Irene unnie so that she wouldn’t be able to wake up on time to get to music bank for her MC role?”

“Are you crazy?! I would never do that to Joohyun unnie. What if she sleeps and never wakes up ever again? Think about the dark life ahead of me without my Joohyun unnie. No way seungwan, no way. No to drugging, actually, no to anything that would harm Joohyun unnie mentally and physically.”

“How do we harm her mentally though?”

“I don’t know, maybe your aegyo would make her go crazy or something. It makes people go crazy, in a bad way though. Stop smiling creepily at me you idiot! Think! Now! Gosh, Seungwan seriously what’s with that creepy look?! You are scaring me, like seriously! Don’t come closer to me what the hell!”

Wendy was smiling like a creepy stalker at Seulgi while inching forward slowly towards her. Just as Seulgi was about to push her away she grabbed onto Seulgi and whispered excitedly.

“What about you confess to Irene unnie about your feelings? Isn’t that the best way? She would be yours and you wouldn’t have to worry about that Bo Gum or something.”

Seulgi stared at Wendy like she had just told her to jump of a building, not like it’s anywhere far from the truth in Seulgi’s mind right now. Here she was, thinking Wendy would be good at giving relationship advices but she was wrong. How in the world is Seulgi supposed to confess to Irene when she knew Irene didn’t see her the way she did? If it was so simply solved, Seulgi wouldn’t even have to depend on Wendy all these years for emotional support whenever Irene went out on dates with random guys that she didn’t bother knowing who they were.

“What? Why are you looking at me like that? Is my idea that awesome that you became a frozen bear?”

“Are you even here the past few years? Didn’t you see how Joohyun unnie was always out on random dates with random guys? Doesn’t that tell you something? Calling me to confess is like calling me to jump off a building, and I am still young you idiot! Why would you even suggest that?”

Seulgi was ready to get out of the room but what Wendy said next stopped her in her tracks.

“Who told you she went on dates with only guys?”

“What do you mean who told me? Obviously she went on dates with guys. Did you forget about the one time when we saw a guy sending her home after the date? We were on our way home after visiting the convenience store and even hid behind the smelly trashcan to spy on her.”

“Well, just 2 days ago” Wendy stopped for a moment before continuing, trying to build up on the suspense to tease the bear, “I saw her on a date, with a female, when I was on my way back to the dorm after my extra dance practices.”

Seulgi was beyond shocked when she heard that. Was it true, did Irene really swing that way too or maybe…

“Are you sure? Was it really Joohyun unnie? Maybe it’s just a friend, you know how unnie is always having skinship with almost everyone she’s close with. Maybe it’s just close friend?”

“That’s what I thought when I saw them walking towards our dorm building together. But when I was going to step forward to greet Irene unnie, I saw the girl moving forward to kiss unnie, on her lips.” Wendy smirked after saying that.

Seulgi was, to say the least, in a state of shock right now. Joohyun unnie swings both ways?! How... Wha... Why didn’t I even notice this. I was her best friend for 6 years… Was I that dense?

Wendy was observing Seulgi carefully for a few seconds before stating her “perfect plan” to Seulgi again. “So… are you in for it? To finally confess your feelings to Irene unnie? I have just the perfect plan in mind…”

Seulgi was more confident now after the shocking revelation made by Wendy, so she agreed to the “perfect plan” of Wendy’s, whatever it was, since truthfully, she was really tired of going all emo bear mode whenever Irene went out on dates. The members are all really close to each other and Seulgi was really confident that nothing would change between them even if she were to get rejected (which she hope wouldn’t be the case). They wouldn’t let a confession get in between the group’s future and their close ties.

“Okay, so what I have in mind is this…”

 

A/N: So part 1 is here. I'm gonna be posting part 2 up next friday... because fridays :'( my shipper heart. Also, I didn't proofread this, so there may be mistakes here and there. Comments are greatly appreciated, so feel free to comment, so that I can improve on my writing. This is my first time writing and actually posting it up... go easy on me xD