Prologue

Trick Or Treat?

 

The dark wooden door towered above you, it's superiority looming over your consciousness as you lifted your fist, knocking on the rough, harsh wood that almost scraped the skin off your knuckles. Your hand immediately pulled back as a reaction to the pain, feeling your face scrunch up as well.

The old door, it's hinges rusting with a green and brown stain, belonged to a large, three storey manor of some sort. Although it only sat at the end of ChiRa Street, it seemed to dominate all the houses around it, chilling the air around it.

Your eyes darted to the flyer stuck firmly on the old door, it's corners flapping furiously in the wind, almost as if it was trying to escape the clutch of the door that swallowed it whole. The words that had persuaded you to sign up for this 'game' that were spread all over the banner were now dragging you further and further in:

 

TRICK OR TREAT~

 

Your Ride 2 Eternal Damnation...

 

...Once You Come In...

 

...You won't be coming out until the end of The Game...

 

...Three Days of Horror...

 

So Beware...

 

 

You heard a sudden thud from the other side of the door which triggered an equally dramatic thud inside of yourself. Inside your throat, each surface seems to dry up as the sound of hollow footsteps growing louder and louder seeped through the wooden door that separated you from the threatening sound. The black night sky that surrounded you and the towering building seemed to be becoming lighter compared to the dangerous dark colour the manor was becoming in your eyes.

Your foot stepped back suddenly as the wooden door squeaked it's way open to reveal a silhouette of a person, their facial features unrecognisable in the dark light that glowed over them.

“Welcome, to Trick or Treat,” their husky, emotionless voice spoke through the black darkness. “We've been waiting for you.”