Promise

Promise
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Jessica opened her eyes slowly as she stretched her body. She looked at the clock which put on the table beside the bed, it’s 8.30 a.m now and she has a schedule at 9.30 a.m. She groaned a little when she lifted her lazy body from the bed and went to the bathroom. After got all ready, she grabbed her car keys and went to BLANC&ECLARE building.

 

“Morning,” greeted her employees whenever they met Jessica, while the ice princess just smiled and nodded at them.

 

“Jinyeon, when will the meeting start?” asked Jessica to her secretary.

 

“The meeting will start in 10 minutes, Miss,”

 

“Okay, I’ll just prepare first while you don’t forget to bring the things we need for the meeting,” Jinyeon nodded as an answer.

 

Jessica then walked into her office, she prepared some papers that needed for the meeting. Before she went to the meeting place, she decided to check on her phone.

 

‘Why should I expect a good morning text from her? We even didn’t contact each other after that time. Aish, stupid J!’  Jessica sighed as she locked her phone and went outside.

 

The meeting lasted for about two hours and the result was satisfied. They’ll soon open their branch in State. Well, that’s really a good achievement for Jessica Jung.

 

“Jiyeon, can you buy me a cup of hot cappuccino at the cafe across this building?”

 

“Okay, Miss,”

 

Jessica put the files on the table, then sat. She massaged her temple as she felt dizzy all of sudden. She thought maybe it because she didn’t get enough sleep and skipped her meals. She always used her work for the reason of it. Being subborn as always, Jessica ignored the pain as she opened her laptop and started to work.

 

Jessica stopped her work when her phone ringing. A call from Krystal.

 

“Yes, Krys. What’s up?” asked her, still busy scanning the documents.

 

“Where are you, unnie?”

 

“I’m still at my office, why?”

 

“What?! Do you realize what time is it?” Jessica looked at her cartier and it showed 9 p.m, no wonder her eyes started to feel tired. “Why aren’t you home yet? Have you eat?”

 

“I’m busy, Krys. I haven’t grab my dinner yet,”

 

“Oh my gosh, what are you trying to do, huh? Keep working like that and skipped your meal?”

 

“I told you, I’m busy, Krys. I have so many works these days,” she reasoned out.

 

“I want you to go home now, unnie. I’ll bring your favourite dishes to your apartment. And I won’t take a NO from you,” said Krystal and disconnected the call, didn’t bother to wait any answer from the older Jung. Jessica sighed looking at her phone, then closed her laptop before went home.

 

Jessica opened her apartment’s door and greeted with a nice aroma following with some noises in the dining room.

 

“I’m home~” Jessica yelled as she took off her shoes then went to the dining room and found her sister who prepared the dishes she bought earlier on her way here. “What’s that, Krys?”

 

“Just some your favourite dishes, unnie. Why don’t you go take your shower then we can eat together?” Jessica nodded then went into her room and got freshen up.

 

Just when she about to wear her clothes, she felt the headache hitted her again but this time was stronger and she also felt hurt on her stomach. Without waiting any longer, she collapsed on the floor.

 

“Unnie, have you finish your sho—unnie!!!” yelled Krystal as she saw her older sister unconcious on the floor. “Unnie, wake up!! Unnie!!”

 

Having no response from the older Jung, Krystal decided to call their family’s usual doctor to come to Jessica’s apartment, instead to bring her to the hospital which will catch media’s attention. Thirty minutes later, the doctor came and he immediately check on Jessica.

 

“How’s unnie, Doc?” asked Krystal worriedly when the doctor exitted Jessica’s bedroom.

 

“Jessica had often skipped her meals and didn’t get enough sleep, that’s why she collapsed just now. You have to brighten her mood and persuade her to eat, I think she’s being like this because stressed of something. Do you know Jessica’s problem?”

 

Krystal thought for awhile then shook her head. “I don’t think I know it, Doc. But I will try to do what you said,”

 

“Okay. Here’s the receipt for Jessica’s medicine,” said the doctor before excused himself.

 

“Thanks, once again, Doc,” said Krystal.

 

After the doctor gone, Krystal went to her sister’s room only to check Jessica wa

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter