prologue

I Turned Pretty!

Prologue

 

17 years old, Choi Ae Rin

 

“You low life brat.” A devious voice spoke

“You disgust me”

 

School was over. Ae Rin just stood there blankly as she got pushed to the side.


“Get out of the way and know your place! Stay in your loser territory, Choi Ae Rin.” Spat the evil wrench

 

17 year old Ae Rin rubbed her sore skinny arm as the wrench left with her minions.

 

She pouted as she made her way back home to cook herself lunch.

 

 The life of Ae Rin was really predictable. She lived a boring life with no parents. She wake up, go to school, go home and sleep and the cycle repeats. Nothing ever goes different.

Ae Rin does not have friends or siblings. No one invites her out to party or to the movies. She just basically just study and eat and watch tv again and again since the age of 12.

 

Though she seems like the quiet type, she would at times cry herself to sleep at night due to amount of stress from school and people’s judgments and her feelings due to her dead parents.

 

Ae Rin sighed as she sat down on her dining table, looking at the untouched chicken porridge in front of her, recalling through what happened at school. Getting her presence treated like nothing but filthy trash.

 

________________

 

2 years passed

 

Ae Rin looked around the park, her ice cream while holding a bag of fries in her other hand.

2 years has passed and she is now in her last year of high school.

“Chubby Ae Rin!” a voice called out

She turned around, facing the owner of the voice.

Her heart instantly quickened and faced down.

“D-dong Hyun O-oppa! What are you doing here?” she asked shyly.

 Profile information

-Kim Dong Hyun

-Male

-19

-First male to ever make an effort

 and be ‘friends’ with Ae Rin.

-Teases Ae Rin that she’s fat and chubby (now)

-Ae Rin is in love with him; love struck / head over heels

 

The tall male flashed a charming smile to the chubby girl. “I was taking a walk and then I saw you. Wow, maybe being chubby gives you an advantage, you’ll get noticed by me.” He said jokingly with mean harsh words.

 

But Ae Rin was too love struck to even get offended by what he said. Ever since Ae Rin met him and talked to him, she was crazily head over heels for him, the first male and person to ever said ‘hi’ properly.

 

Ever since then, Ae Rin secretly thought it was faith and that they were meant to be. She secretly hoped that he liked her as well, even if she has gained lots of weight the pass two year due to stressful eating now.

 

She secretly thought that god has sent her a gift after her cruel life where her parents died and where she has to live a sad, brutal and lonely life while getting bullied all the time.

 

____________________

 

“You useless trash!” Ae Rin coughed out blood as the school’s meanest girl, Kim Hee, also known as Kimy, kicked her.

Her clique joined and circled Ae Rin.

“How dare you take Dong Hyun oppa from us?!” pinched Kimy.

Ae Rin yelped in pain.

“Stop please!” Cried Ae Rin as she felt her fat arms get pinched brutally with long-nailed fingers.

“Oh please. Do you think we’ll actually listen to you? You should be the one listening to us, you fat useless .” Ah Na aka Ana said.

“Why are you with Dong Hyun oppa? Just because he transferred only last year and he’s new means you can take him first?”

“It was him who wants to be friends with me.” Ae Rin held her head as Kimy pulled her hair

“Oh please. Look at yourself. You’re fat! 2 years ago, I thought you were super ugly and can never get uglier. But now, I was proved wrong. You are extremely uglier now. Don’t even think Dong Hyun oppa likes you, alright? That’s because he does not like you. I mean, he just pities you. Why would he even want to be friends with someone as useless as you?” growled Kimy. 

 

The gang of bratty girls attacked Ae Rin. One scratched her with her scarily long nails while the other one punched her and pinched her. Everyone was doing a different job in assaulting Ae Rin.

 

Suddenly, a scream was heard.

“Hey! WHAT ARE YOU DOING?”

They all turned and met face to face with the no other than Kim Dong Hyun. “How dare you all abuse people in broad daylight? Don’t you have better things to do?  How can you heartlessly abuse someone like this? You can get arrested! Stop right now or I’ll call the police.” Threatened Dong Hyun

 

“Oppa, but we were suppose to teach Ae Rin a-”

“Don’t call me oppa. It disgusts me that a cruel person like you is fond of me.” He glared and pulled Ae Rin up and left the girls.

Ae Rin has always thought all males are the same, they’re all jerks but today she thought she was proven wrong. Her heart thumped rapidly as she looked at her hand that was held tightly by Dong Hyun.

Idiot”   Dong Hyun whispered as he continued to look forward with Ae Rin behind him, hand in hand.

“What?”

“Idiot. How can you not protect yourself from getting assaulted, you pig? You like to make people worry don’t you?”

 

__________________________________

 

Five years passed

“Do you, Choi Ae Rin, accept Kim Dong Hyun as your husband?”

“I Do.” The overweight female said

“Do you Kim Dong Hyun accept Choi Ae Rin as your husband?”

“Yes.” Dong Hyun said, giving off an odd vibe

 

“you may now kiss the bride.”

 

They both kissed as the cheers of Dong Hyun’s family went wild because their youngest son was now finally married.

 

Ae Rin looked at him and flashed a small smile and wondered if Dong Hyun actually wanted to do this. Was Dong Hyun just doing this because Ae Rin asked him too?

 

2 months ago, Ae Rin has asked Dong Hyun about marriage, telling him that he wants to get married. Little did Ae Rin know, something about him was different especially when the word ‘marriage’ escaped from her lips.

 

After the night was finally over, Dong Hyun and Ae Rin went back to their new house.

“Oppa..”
 

“Hmm?”

“Is something wrong? I feel like you’re not happy.” Said Ae Rin, “You don’t want to marry me, do you?”

 

“No, of course I want to marry you.” He said, “I am happy that I get to marry the love of my life. Maybe it’s because of the wine from the party. Don’t worry, honey. Let’s sleep now, so we can officially start our love life as a marriage couple tomorrow.”


“Really?”

 

“Yes.” Assured Dong Hyun with a smile.

 

Sadly, little did Ae Rin know, Dong Hyun was confused with his own feelings. He did love Ae Rin sincerely, so why would the feelings stop now, right?

 

 

____________________________________________________

 

Hi, guys! Thank you for reading the prologue -Animax