Is..

Hold Me Tight

There were many things that I ran through my mind when I saw him – kind,gentle, warm.  His presence was comforting, he was talkative and he knew how to have a good time.

Taehyung was an old friend of Kwang Sik - the man I'm on the run from. For the past few weeks, I've been taking shelter in Taehyung's house as he offered me a place to stay. 

I watched him. I watched his hair draped passed his eyes like an auburn disheveled curtain. His discolored gray hoodie matched the somber streets of the city. His hand draped over his coffee cup, which has been cold for hours, but, his fingers still traced circles on the lid. The other flicked the dust covered pages. His eyes traveled from word to word, leisurely, taking his time to digest every bit of detail written in the book he has been engrossed in since the early hours of dawn.

I watched him from the corner of the room.

I didn't have any friends, Kwang didn't let me, nor money or a phone. I was a prisoner in my own home, and Taehyung was my only visitor.  Courteous smiles and greetings were only exchanged when we under Kwang's roof, until I was shuffled out by his forceful hand.  

I only talked to him once previously when Kwang was out to get more alcohol. He asked him if I was okay, if i slept well. He bombarded me about my health, my happiness and Kwang.  He quickly pulled the right sleeve of my blouse to my elbow, and outlined my forearm with his index finger. Blotches of red bruises and several scars. 

  And I cracked.   

But there is one word that can describe him as a whole. Mysterious - a metronome to his name.

Ever since I laid my eyes on him, I knew that he was the mystery that needed to be solved. 

His demeanor, his mask, his spirit gives off a cloud gas of misjudgment which I still seem to get lost in, even now.

The empty words like kind and gentle had only been little insignificant dots of ink on a blank canvas. A blank canvas- that was what Kim Taehyung was to me.

And I'm going to be the one to solve it.

I was the one who was going to solve it.

I was.