Chapter 2

And it's wrong, wrong, wrong (He can hardly wait)

It was hours before they saw anyone else. Joonmyeon wasn’t exactly expecting Jongin to come and see them but he couldn’t help the disappointed when the door opened to reveal the same worker from before.

 

“Come this way.” Sehun leapt up from the bed and the two hurried to trail behind them, stomachs tight with nerves. He had no idea where they were going but he daren’t ask. Instead he reached over and gripped Sehun’s hand tightly in his own.

 

After a silent few minutes of walking the man stopped in front of a set of double doors and knocked sharply three times. Sehun’s fingers were curled around his almost painfully tight but he figured he was probably the same so again he said nothing.

 

A deep voice called for them to enter and next thing he knew they were being ushered into the room and were standing in front of Jongin’s father - the head of Exo and the most powerful alpha Joonmyeon had ever been in the presence of.

 

Joonmyeon felt Sehun tense all over and immediately bowed his head as a show of respect. He couldn’t tell who’s hand was shaking – his or Sehun’s but either way they both tried to appear as small as possible.

 

His racing thoughts were interrupted by a gruff laugh. “Two, Jongin, really?”

 

Joonmyeon’s head almost shot straight back up when he heard a sigh in reply – how had he not noticed Jongin was in the room?

 

There was a pause before the voice continued. “Well? How am I supposed to get a good look at you if I can only see the tops of your heads?”

 

Joonmyeon straightened instantly, tugging on Sehun to do the same. He could feel the man eyeing them critically but made sure to keep his own eyes averted.

 

“What are your names?”

 

Swallowing, Joonmyeon spoke up. “I’m Joonmyeon and this is Sehun.”

 

More silence – and for a heart stopping moment Joonmyeon thought he was about to say they weren’t welcome and throw them out on the streets to fend for themselves. Eventually though the man hummed appreciatively and he let out the breath he was holding. “Lovely things. You’ve chosen well.”

 

Joonmyeon chanced a glance at Jongin but trained his eyes back on the ground instantly. Jongin had seemed furious. What had he done? Was he acting improper? He had been there for one night and already he was irritating his alpha.

 

Not your alpha yet, a little voice in his head reminded him and he pushed it down.

 

“I’ve asked to see you to inform you of what will be expected of you.” The head alpha continued. “You will as of now be under constant scrutiny. You are now part of Exo, and all your behaviour reflects on us. You will obey Jongin at all times. Behave well and you will of course be treated fairly. However, any acts of rebellion will be punished. Severely.” He paused, his eyes icy. “Do not disappoint me.”

 

After that they were quickly dismissed back to their rooms, the memory of those cold dark eyes burnt into his brain. They were almost a carbon copy of his son’s and yet held no emotion, not even the anger that burned in Jongin’s.

 

XXXXX

 

It was another day until they saw Jongin again, and that time it was him who came to their rooms. Their was no announcement of his arrival, only him stepping inside and shutting the door firmly behind himself again.

 

“Give me your hands.”

 

There was no ceremony about it, no words spoken other than that and yet Joonmyeon still felt his heart race as Jongin sealed his teeth over their wrists, one at a time. His arm burned where he touched, warm and tingling and the bond glowed blue, same as his brother’s. Almost as soon as he pulled his lips away Joonmyeon could feel the effect of the claim, drawing him into Jongin like gravity, needing to be close to him.

 

“There.” Jongin said, turning their wrists over to inspect the marks. “You’re mine now.”

 

His wrist felt like it was so wonderfully on fire and it spread up his arm and into his heart and pumped all through his body. Where Jongin’s fingers were touching him felt like electricity. All he could smell was the alpha’s scent, so strong to him it clouded his head and replaced every thought with burning need for him. All of his energy focused on –

 

His eyes flew open as Jongin abruptly stood up and yanked himself away from him and Sehun. Sehun let out an audible whimper, his hand still hovering in the air like he was reaching out for him. Joonmyeon completely understood, being separated from Jongin so soon after receiving the mark was like having a limb ripped off. His head was spinning his body was aching.

 

Jongin looked down at the pair with a frown on his face. “What.” He snapped.

 

Joonmyeon’s throat was so dry he had to swallow twice before he could speak, and when he did it was a hoarse whisper. “Y-you’re leaving?”

 

“I have work to do.”

 

Sehun was panting now, exhausted just from holding himself up without the alpha. Joonmyeon could feel his own breaths grating along his throat and his chest tightening.

 

“Can’t you take us with you.” Sehun’s voice was so small and if Joonmyeon didn’t want to kiss the alpha so much he swore he would punch him.

 

“No.” Jongin responded bluntly.

 

“But-”

 

“I said no.” Sehun flinched back into Joonmyeon, and the older boy could feel him trembling. Or maybe that was him trembling. Everything was too fuzzy to be sure. All that he knew was he needed Jongin to come back and take care of them.

 

“I’m sorry.” Sehun whispered and Jongin sighed, scrubbing a hand over his face.

 

He looked over them with a frown and seemed to hesitate, before he shook his head and turned for the door. “Just… stay here.”

 

The door shut quietly behind him and Sehun immediately lunged into Joonmyeon’s arms, sobbing loudly.

 

“Why doesn’t he want us?” Sehun rasped.

 

Joonmyeon tried to catch his breath, the air cutting along his throat like knives. All the warm fire from before had turned white hot and painful.

 

“I don’t know, Sehun. I don’t know.”

 

 

 

AN

Kai u .

 

oh my god u guys i swear i didn't even know a year had passed since chapter  1 until someone commented and i was like WHAT??????????? A YEAR???? NO DAMN WAY but lo and behold it has been a fair dinkum 12 months and i am a scumbag

hopefully this chap wasn't disappointing after the fricking long wait (lbr it was) but i was kind of smashing it out like I MUST GET THIS TO THE PEOPLE

pls don't be mad its my 18th birthday tomorrow and u cant be mad at someone on their birthday week its law