Chapter 1

Fresh Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

What a twist in my life, Shin Hye thought as she stood front of the college gate gazing up at the building. This is her new life, a new town. She felt like she is waiting for her life to end as she looked around. Everything is new. Scary, shiny new things.

It is first day of college for Shin Hye in the Seoul. Her father has moved her here as he was promoted to higher position by his company. Shin Hye had lived all her life with her grandparents, having faced her mother’s death at the age of 6 and the separation with her father when he moved to Seoul a year later as he got a better job to finance the family. She was closer to her grandparents than her father ever since then. It was hard leaving them but her father already decided that it was best for her to continue her college studies in Seoul rather than in a small town outside the city.

Hence why is she here, now. Shin Hye sighed. This morning, her father tried giving her the speech asking her to make an effort to fit in and to be happy for the change of her life and how this place will give her more opportunity. But she ain’t having none of it. All these years he didn’t even bther contacting her or trying to be with his daughter and now he is trying? Bull. He is hardly been home ever since she moved to seoul. But got to mention, the life has completely changed, she only realised how rich her father is after moving to Seoul. The house was amazing, there was even maids. No wonder he always send lump of money monthly when she lived with her grandparents.

Ah, I miss my grandparents Shin Hye thought gloomily.  All she wants is be back in her hometown where she felt safe with her grandparents.  They wanted her to go, to grasp the opportunity and to live her life. She promised them she will make an effort.

But...she looked up at the building again and sighed.

Shin Hye-ah, it cannot be that bad!! She gave herself a mental encouragement when she was knocked to the side.

“Yah, move it” A bulky girl sneered as she walked past Shin Hye. “Standing there like a statue” Shin hye heard the girl say.

She quickly got hold of herself and moved towards what now is her new life. She was walking down the corridor and sat down with a coffee in hand at a table in canteen.

Little did she know that her life would completely change in few moments and there would be a purpose and dream that she will be chasing after? But that’s what happened.

One moment she was sulking and then the next, nothing was going to be the same again. No warning, no stirring music. There she was sitting there with hot chocolate hoping no one will notice her when she looked up and locked eyes with a most gorgeous pair of brown eyes and felt her spiritual self shift into orbit.

His face was all hard planes and angles, cheekbones and jaw line softened only by pillowy full on lips. 

He was beautiful....

***

One day in college and Shin Hye had found out quite abit about the gorgeous guy. His name is Lee Min Ho. He’s on the Art Foundation course. He is 19 years old – 2 years older than her. But damn it, the is very y, she thought dreamily.

He is one of the IT crowd, along with two other ‘gorgeous’ guys as the girls in the college puts it. His other friends are one tall lean muscular body with an arrogance face – Kim woo bin and the other is a cute bubbly guy called Kang Ha Neul. 

They spend a large proportion of each day in the cafe across the road, but upstairs, which apparently is far more socially acceptable apparently. 
Min Ho plays at the local college football club on Wednesday afternoons and all day Saturday.

How did she find all this information? Lucky for her, she sat next to a girl called Moon Chae Won in Maths class who just knows all about those boys.


(Earlier in Maths class)

Shin Hye was sitting in the class with an empty desk on other side of her, when this girl plonked herself down next to her.

Shin Hye glanced at her but she was rummaging about in her bag and didn’t notice so she went back to doodling Min ho's name all over her notebook.

'Seems like you been hit by the usual cupid.'

It took Shin Hye few minutes to understand that the girl was speaking to her.

She paused, “er what?”

The girl gave her knowing look and glanced down at the notebook. Shin Hye blushed hard and covered the notebook quickly.

The girl laughed and stuck her hand out, “I’m Moon Chae Won”

'Um, park shin hye-iminda,' Shin Hye muttered as she shook her hand. 

Chae Won nodded impatiently. 'So, you are new? I don't recognise you.'

It was strange. Like, she wasn't actually being rude but there was something in her tone of voice that wasn't far off it.

'De, I’m new here.' She replied back. 'Abeoji got a new job, so moved from our hometown in Cheju-do island”

“Woa, you moved from there?'

“Eo? wae? anything wrong with that,' She mumbled a bit offended.

'Ani!,' the girl announced. ‘You just don’t get a lot of people coming all the way from there around here that’s all.'

Shin Hye just nodded. 

'Thanks. So do you like living here?'

'It's all right,' She replied without much conviction. 'I miss my friends though.'

Chae Won just nodded and glanced over at Shin Hye’s notebook.
'So...Lee Min Ho,' she grinned knowingly. 'He's very handsome isn’t he? When did you meet him?'

Shin Hye face went bright red yet again and she stuttered some nonsense about how Min Ho was actually the name of a guy from Cheju-do but seemed like Chae Won wasn't buying it for a second.

'Yeah, right,' she snorted. 'Everyone loves Min Ho here. It's like a rite of passage thing. You become a student in this college and you fall in love with Lee min ho – goes for all girls and some guys too.'

'Are you

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter