chapter 9

I need u

1 week later: 

Jung Kook laid on the couch as he stared at the ceiling. His name was called a few times but he didn’t utter a word due to him being so deep in his thoughts. “Jung kook.” His mother said with a serious tone causing Jung Kook to finally get back to reality. He sat up and looked at his mother. “Hey..” He said. “What’s the matter?” Nara, his mother asked. Jung Kook sighed. “Everything...” Jung Kook answered. Nara sat down next to him. “Mom..do you think I thought about everything wrong?” He asked. Nara looked at him in confusion. “What do you mean?” She asked. “I mean…letting Krystal go…letting her leave…” Jung Kook said. Nara sighed. “Jung Kook I think you did the right think—“ Nara was cut off. “Are you just saying that because you don’t think I’m safe around her?” Jung Kook asked. Nara sighed once more. “Okay Jung Kook…I just think she’s lonely…and because she's lonely…because she never had someone to care for her..to be there for her when she needed someone…her powers could just spiral out of control…that’s what makes her dangerous…she doesn’t have someone to help her learn to control it—“ Nara was cut off. “She had me mom…but all I did was let her go when she pushed me away..” Jung Kook said before he sighed. Nara looked at her son. “You did the right thing..she’s dangerous—“ Nara was cut off once again. “Is that you talking or dad?” Jung Kook asked with frustration written all over his tone. Nara frowned. “Why would you say that?” Nara asked. Jung Kook stood up. “You guys never even gave her a chance…she could be out there struggling…but we’re doing nothing about it?…wow..what amazing people we are..” Jung Kook said before he began to walk out the living room. “Jung Kook where are you going??” Nara asked rapidly as she stood up. “To get some fresh air!” Jung Kook answered with frustration before he walked out of the house. 

Jung Kook went for a walk. He needed to clear his mind. All he could think about was the day he let Krystal walk away from him. He knew he should’ve went after her..but he didn’t. Jung Kook sighed in frustration. He flinched when he heard screaming. He immediately began to run using his super speed, towards the noise. He stopped and his eyes opened wide as he looked at the house that was on fire. “MY BABY!! SOME PLEASE GET MY BABY!!!” A woman yelled as she cried. Although there was a crowd, Jung Kook still decided to go and help. “Kid you can’t go in there—“ The cop was cut off. “I’ll be back.” Jung Kook replied rapidly before he ran in the house. They all waited for him to come out, hoping that everything is okay. Jung Kook searched for the kid. Luckily for him, he was fire proof however the kid wasn’t. “Come on…where are you..” Jung Kook muttered. “MOMMY!!” The kid cried. Jung Kook ran up the stairs using his super speed. He smiled in relief when he spotted the kid. Picking her up, Jung Kook then looked around for an exit point. However, the stairs were blocked due to the fire spreading. He looked at the back only to see a window. “Okay..I could do this..” Jung Kook said to himself. Using his super speed, Jung Kook ran to the window, jumping out of it and that’s when..the house blew up. You could here the screams and the cries coming from the crowd in the front. “NO!! MY BABY!!” The woman cried as she fell to her knees. The crowd then gasped when they saw Jung Kook walking to her with her baby in his arms. “Excuse me miss.” Jung Kook said as he tapped her. The woman looked up and a bright smile appeared on her face. She quickly stood up and took her baby into her arms. Jung Kook smiled as he watched the woman hug her child in relief. “Nice job kid.” The cop said as he patted Jung Kook’s shoulder. Jung Kook nodded. 

Jung Kook waited for the mother to finish getting checked. “Hi.” Jung Kook said as he walked to them. The woman smiled. “Hi…I couldn’t thank you enough for what you did today.” The woman said before she hugged him. Jung Kook smiled as she released him. “I was wondering..how did the fire start?” Jung Kook asked. The woman sighed. “You wouldn’t believe me if I told you..” She said. Jung Kook smiled. “Try me.” He replied. The woman looked at him. “It..it just appeared out of no where..” She answered. “It just appeared?” He asked. The woman nodded. “The stove was off…there was nothing wrong with the wires…everything in the house was perfectly fine.” She answered. Jung Kook nodded. “Thanks for telling me.” He said. The woman nodded. Jung Kook then walked away. Walking back to the house, he opened the door and sighed. “Guys you wouldn’t believe what just happened..” Jung Kook said as he walked to the living room. Jung Kook froze upon seeing both of his parents siting on the couch with disbelief on their faces as they watched the news. The two stood up and looked at Jung Kook. “We know Jung Kook..it’s all over the news.” Nara said. “Wait…I’m on the news?? Awesome—“ Jung Kook was cut off. “NO! not awesome..you doing something reckless—“ Hyuk was cut off. “It wasn’t reckless…I was trying to save a kid’s life..which I did.” Jung Kook said. Hyuk scoffed. “That’s not the point Jung Kook, you could’ve exposed yourself today—“ Hyuk was cut off. “But I didn’t..so mission accomplished.” Jung Kook said. Hyuk shook his head. “Are you trying to lash out on us because we don’t want you around Krystal?” Nara asked. Jung Kook scoffed. “Everything I do isn’t about you two…there was a kid in a house..which was on fire…that kid was gonna die if no one went in there to save her…shouldn’t you be proud that I saved someone’s life today? A mother was relieved when I put her child into her arms safe and sound…and you’re angry because I could’ve exposed myself?..bull .” Jung Kook said in anger. “Watch you language—“ Hyuk was cut off. “You guys don’t understand…I did something good..why can’t you just be proud of me..” Jung Kook said before he stormed out of the living room. 

Krystal sat in the cafe. She looked at her watch and sighed. Another 7 hours till her birthday starts. She knew she was gonna have to spend another one alone. Hearing the people clap in amazement, Krystal stood up and walked to towards everyone. “Of course he did it…Jung Kook is really amazing..” A by stander said. Krystal looked at the Tv and watched the news with wide eyes. A smile appeared on her face. She was proud of Jung Kook for saving the little girl. She already knew how angry his parents were gonna be due to being impulsive..”reckless”. More and more Krystal couldn’t help but to like Jung Kook. The way he smiles, jokes around...cares for those around him…he even cares for complete strangers. Krystal sighed. The two were completely different. She thought that maybe Jung Kook does more good than she will ever do. How can she take care of others when she doesn’t even know how to take care of herself. She struggles to control her abilities. She can’t control it how he does..destruction...is all she causes. Those around her aren’t safe. She thinks everyone is at risk. She can’t live with a family..because she thinks she will hurt them. 

Flashback: 4 years ago

“You want to adopt her?” The woman asked in shock. “Yes..out of everyone here..she's just..amazing.” Jessica said with a smile. The woman sighed. “That child…has problems…you wouldn’t want her in your home.” The woman replied. “I know she has problems…” Jessica responded. The woman looked at her in confusion. “You think you’re capable of making her better?” The woman asked. Jessica nodded. Looking at the young girl throughout he window of the room, she sighed. “She can change…I know she can…she may seem like a problem to you all…but she’s just a child…a child who needs love…who needs someone to care for her.” Jessica explained. The woman sighed. “You’re wrong…that child…she does not deserve what the other kids do…you’re missing your chance on beautiful and wonderful children and for what?..a child with baggage?” The woman said in frustration. Jessica scoffed. “For someone who’s job is to find these children a home..is not doing so well at it…” Jessica replied in anger. The woman sighed once more. “I’m sorry..but she’s off limits..you can adopt any other child you desire…except her..” The woman said before she tried to exit the room. Jessica grabbed her arm. “Why not??” Jessica asked in confusion and anger. The woman looked at her.  The woman walked to the drawers filled with the children’s files.“You may see an innocent child…but take a look at her files…she’s very violent..a child you would not desire to be near your own miss Jung…take a look at it..you’ll see…” The woman said. She took Yin’s file out and handed it to miss Jung. Jessica looked into it and began to read the file. “Oh my god…she really did all of this?” Jessica asked in disbelief. “That child..has anger issues…she’s extremely violent…it’s my duty to make sure she doesn’t enter a home without clearance…you can adopt any other if you like..” The woman explained. Jessica nodded. 

Giving the woman back the file, Jessica sighed. “...I really didn’t know what I was dealing with..” Jessica said before exiting the room. The woman waited as she watched Jessica gave the news to Yin. The little girl began to cry as she watched Jessica leave. The woman left the room and began walking to 11 year old, the woman sighed. “Yin…” She called. The child looked up with tears falling down her face. “You drew her away..” The child said as she sobbed. The woman sighed. “I’m sorry—“ The woman was cut off. “You showed her my files…all of it..” Yin said. The woman sighed. “She wasn’t right for you…when she read your files…she should’ve accepted you if she cared for you so much.” The woman replied. Yin shook her head. “You wanted this to happen..she wanted me..and you know it…” Yin said in anger. “Yin calm down—“ The woman was cut off. “YOU ALWAYS DO THIS TO ME!! I HATE YOU!! I HATE YOU SO MUCH!!” Yin yelled before she ran away to her room. Slamming her door shut, Yin ran to her bed and sat on it. She cried as everything around the room began to freeze. The woman barged inside the room. “Yin—“ The woman was cut off. “GET OUT!!” Yin yelled. The woman looked around the room in shock. “Yin..what’s going on—“ The woman was cut off once more. “I CAN’T CONTROL IT!!” Yin yelled. The woman shook her head. “Yin..just calm down—“ The woman stopped talking when she felt something cold beneath her feet. She looked down with wide eyes as the her feet began to be engulfed with ice. She looked up at Yin. “Yin, listen to me..I know you’re suffering..but please..control this.” The woman said. Yin shook her head. “I can’t…” Yin said as she cried. “Yin it’s okay, just..stop it!” The woman said as the ice began to reach to her hands. Yin looked up at her with wide eyes. The woman looked at Yin. "Do not blame yourself for this Yin, It will be okay!!" She watched as the ice went up her chin. The ice engulfed her body. “NOO!!” Yin yelled only to see the woman shatter into pieces in seconds. 

End of flash back: 

That was the first time Krystal ever hurt someone. Days after, a new worker came in. The new worker constantly told the other kids that the woman wasn’t working there anymore. Krystal never understood why. He gave her a new room, a more secure place to make sure she won’t lash out on any of the others. He constantly told her that everything would be fine although she knew that it wouldn’t. She was naive and bonded with him. The two were inseparable until one day. On her 13th birthday…he vanished...leaving her alone. That has caused Krystal to  someone once again. At least at the moment, she only caused them to have a concussion. Since then, Krystal has kept her distant from everyone. Those who tried to adopt her immediately changed their mind after they saw her file. Everyday since she discovered her powers, Krystal was alone. She doesn’t trust herself around others. She knows when she feels to deeply it will get out of control. And that’s what she fears the most. She watched as everyone engaged in conversation about the infamous teenager, Jung Kook. They all smiled as they mentioned his name. A sigh escaped her lips. Walking back to her chair, Krystal grabbed her things and walked to the exit. Looking back at everyone as they chatted another sigh came out. “Maybe being alone…is the only way I could live…” She muttered to herself before she exited the cafe. 

Note: 

What did you guys think?? Here you will learn alittle about Krystal's or should I say Yin's life. Please comment and tell me what you think about it.