Sleepless night

Sleepless night

“Jonghyun” Kibum said softly tracing latter’s cheek.

“Jonghyun, wake up” he repeated a little louder.

“Jonghyun, you sleeping bastard, wake up!” Kibum finally yelled and slapped Jonghyun’s arm.

“Yah, what do you think you’re doing?!” Jonghyun said back angrily with his eyes half-closed. He had such a nice dream about dinosaurs.

“I’m hungry. I want my raspberry sherbet and grilled squid, now.” He said and pouted pushing his boyfriend out of the bed.

“Kibum, you ate three portions of bulgogi and apple pie on dessert. The whole pie. Where do you store it?” Jonghyun looked at Kibum’s stomach. The bulge was more than visible, the white skin shoving itself from under the shirt.

“Not my fault our baby is so hungry. Now go” Kibum waved his hand and sat in comfortable position massaging his tummy. Jonghyun only sighed and walked to the kitchen, where he heated Kibum’s squid and placed a healthy amount of sherbet into the bowl. When he got everything he came back to the room.

“Your order, my princess” He mocked and placed the tray on Kibum’s thighs.

“Thank you” Kibum said and began munching on the squid, soon followed by a spoonful of sherbet.

“How can you even mix things like this?” Jonghyun asked, his eyes widened when Kibum shoved another portion in his mouth.

“It’s really tasty. You should try this” he answered and reached his hand with the squid with a raspberry smeared on top to Jonghyun’s mouth.

“Trust me, I did. And it’s not one of my best memories.” Jonghyun said and backed away a little. Kibum just rolled his eyes and continued packing his mouth with more of, as he claimed, delicious food until everything disappeared from the plates.

“I won’t even ask if it was good” Jonghyun said and carried the dishes to the kitchen before laying comfortably next to his pregnant boyfriend. It was like a miracle sent from heaven when the doctor said that Kibum is pregnant. They were so happy and didn’t even want to know how is that possible.

Nowadays, in the sixth month of pregnancy, Kibum is craving for such weird and awful combinations of food that Jonghyun doesn’t even want to know where is he taking those ideas from. They were living in a very successful and happy relationship, which will be strengthen by a child that Kibum was carrying.

“Kibum” Jonghyun whispered and looked at his lover. He traced Kibum’s soft skin on the cheeks and placed a small kiss on latter’s lips “I love you” he whispered in Kibum’s lips making him giggle.

“I love you too. And I love our baby” Kibum said and massaged his stomach.

“Hey, Jonghyun! It’s kicking!” he said and pulled Jonghyun’s hand to place it on his bulging stomach.

“Oh my god, it’s amazing! I have to call Minho tomorrow,” Jonghyun said and looked at the clock “or rather today, it’s freaking 3:15 am!” he yelled angrily and glared at his boyfriend.

“Honey, stop yelling, our baby will get scared.” Kibum said and smiled when he felt yet another kick. “Why call Minho?”

“He said he needs new goalkeeper. And our baby boy will be perfect”

“How do you know it’s a boy? We agreed that we don’t want to know the until the birthday” Kibum said sending Jonghyun an irate look.

“Father’s intuition, babe. It can’t be anything else.” Jonghyun said and kissed Kibum’s creased forehead.

“Father’s intuition, pff. It will be a girl.” Kibum said back and turned away from Jonghyun.

“You want it to be a girl because that way you’ll have someone to go with to a mall, don’t ya?” Jonghyun said and wiggled his eyebrows.

“YAH!” Kibum yelled and turned to Jonghyun slamming his arm.

“Babe, quiet, you said that baby will get scared if someone yell” Jonghyun said and placed his head on his palm.

“Kim Jonghyun” Kibum said with his jaw clenched and laid on his back. Jonghyun shook his head and pulled Kibum to himself, his hand circling latter’s bulged stomach and the soft skin on his waist.

“Let’s go back to sleep, ok?” he said with a soft voice and kissed Kibum’s neck, who only murmured in response and cuddled into Jonghyun’s chest.

“Jonghyun” Kibum whispered, his voice barely loud enough for Jonghyun to hear.

“Hmm?” he asked with a sleepy tone and yawned.

“Sing for us? I heard it’s a good thing for a baby” Kibum said and smiled when Jonghyun brought his body up and placed his head on Kibum’s chest rolling his shirt up and pecking his stomach.

“Hey little baby. Your daddy will sing you a song, listen to it well” he said and smiled when he felt Kibum’s chest rising with a silent laugh.

“Geudae annyeonghanayo

Museun saenggakhago innayo

Hoksinacheoreom haruga mugeowo
Jam mot iruneungayo

Gaseum hangot eodiga
Meomchwobeoringeotman gateunde

Eojjihalkkayo eojjihalkkayo
Eotteon maeumeuro saragaya halkkayo”

 

Jonghyun sang with a soft voice and sat up and looked at his peacefully sleeping lover. He bent down and kissed his stomach, right above the navel and pulled his shirt down covering Kibum’s body, then laid down and pulled Kibum to himself, hugging him tightly. He laughed silently at the small snores Kibum was emitting and soon he himself plunged into slumber.

 

“Jonghyun, wake up. I want chocolate-caramel ice-cream and a kimchi soup.”

 

Maybe this night wasn’t supposed to be spent in the peaceful sleep. Just this one.