Four

I'm Sorry
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

L E T T E R       N U M B E R       F O U R

 

 

"A man devoid of hope and conscious of being so has ceased to belong to the future." - Albert Camus

 

 

 

Two months without the love of your life beside you is depricating. 

Zico wanted things to back to normal. He was ready to move on. Trust him, he truly was.

But whenever he would walk into their bedroom, each time he went to bed, when he woke up in the middle of the night scared, wondering why she wasn't next to him. Zico would crawl back into the shell that he had created for himself.

Even though he knew that she was long gone, there was still a part of him holding on. Holding on to whatever it was that they had. It was something special, something he had hoped would have lasted a lifetime.

Though it turned out to not be true, Zico still hope that one day, whenever they do meet again, she would truly tell him what it was that made her want to leave this world so bad.

The world that they were both living in. The one where they had held each other's hand in matrimony and had made long promises to not leave each other's side.

"Through thick and thin."

The vows read. Was she truly even in her sane mind at the time when they had shared such a private moment with each other? 

Truly if they were then she would have known that even if she had lost all of her limps, Zico would'nt have left her for anything in the entire world.

Maeri was his world. The only hope and dreams that he had for the future. 

And now his future looks so gravely. 

Because a future without her in it, was a future that Zico wasn't ready to face.

 

 

"How about we go out for a change?" His best friend Kyung enthusiastically wrapped his arms tightly around Zico's shoulders. 

All he's done since Maeri's accident is work. Truthfully, that was the only thing he had enough motivation for. When she was still around-

God he hated when he thought like that. 

When she was still around. 

When she was still around. 

Did she seriously kill herself? He must be going insane right now! 

Of course she did, he saw her hanging off of this very ceiling with his own two eyes. He was crying against her casket without slee p for more than twenty hours.

Her mother was there pale as a ghost. 

Her little sister had lost the spark in her eyes.

Her older brother had lost the energy to speak.

And her father. God, her father was so heartbroken that he had ended up in the hospital for a whole month.

And what about Zico? 

He ended up at Kyung's bar each night for a whole month drinking his feelings. Soon Beer wasn't

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter