Kibum is...

Kibum is...

Kibum is caring.

It was nearing 3 in the morning and all of them were totally spent. Rehearsals, practices, recordings.. lately everything has been so hectic neither of them was really able of catching as much as a breath of fresh air, having to travel back and forth from SM to studios and dorms. With their 4th album and SHINee World IV approaching they had a double amount of work to cover, which was nowhere easy to manage. 
Whole five of them was doing their best to attend all practices, but at the same time each of them had their own individual schedules which as well demanded their attendance. It was really hard to cope everything and synchronize their schedules, but somehow they managed, though it drained them from any energy and even their amazing stamina was failing at times.

“I’m dying” Taemin whispered having landed on floor after the last beats of the song finally quieted. He coughed and Kibum came running to him with a tissue for the magnae to blow his nose.

“If I see you without a jacket one more time I’m seriously going to skin you and wear your skin as a jacket, Lee Taemin.” Kibum responded and patted younger’s back when he started coughing. 

Taemin only nodded and drank a little bit of water before getting up and stretching a bit.

“Let’s call it a day, I can’t feel my legs anymore, seriously” Jonghyun groaned, patting his shins hoping it will bring relief to his legs.

“Ditto, let’s go home and order food?” Jinki suggested to what all boys enthusiastically nodded.

 Having arrived at the dorm they almost crawled through the doors, thank god Minho called the restaurant so the delivery guy has already been waiting for them at their doors. Jinki paid and Kibum started unpacking everything and preparing a feast for everyone. 

“Thank you for the meal, I’ll eat well” they said in unison and dug their chopsticks in, Minho practically inhaling half of the portion at once.

“Minho, slower. You’ll choke and it’s impossible for me to rap your part form ‘Evil’” Kibum joked and they laughed a little, actually causing Minho to choke. Kibum sprinted to him and patted his back, helping Minho cough out the nuisance. 

“Careful, careful, we have a concert in a few days. Please try not to harm yourselves during those few days, ok? Especially you, Taemin.” Jinki added in his leader-voice and they all nodded their head, only Taemin pouted but when Jinki ruffled his hair he smiled as well.

The night was hard. 

Although four of them have been sleeping soundly, gaining strength for next day, Jonghyun was turning in his bed, unable to sleep. Insomnia isn’t really an easy task. He decided to get up and get a glass of water, even though he knew it won’t help at all. He had too much on his head. Thoughts of the possible responsibility of the failure of their 4th album was rested on his shoulder, since he was the one who has written lyrics to the title song. His worry was suffocating him, exhausting his mind and, paradoxically, not letting him sleep even a bit during nights. 

He opened the fridge and got a cold, refreshing water. He jugged whole bottle down at once and threw the bottle into the bin. He sat at the table and stared out of the window, into the panorama of Seoul.

“Jjong”  a soft voice sounded and Jonghyun turned to his right, spotting an overly familiar figure behind himself.

“Hey” he responded with a hoarse voice.

“Go back to bed, you can’t lose sleep like that.”

“Bummie, I can’t. I really can’t sleep. What if I miss the steps? What if I mishap the lyrics? What if fans will hate me for writing a ty song for our-“

“What if I slap you on the cheek for talking such nonsense? Jonghyun, for god’s sake, your solo was a huge success and it was YOU who wrote all of it. Other artists use your songs for the love of god, why do you still doubt yourself?” Kibum closed the distance between them and placed his palm on Jonghyun’s cheek. “Jonghyun, you must believe in yourself. We are all here for you, and we always will and our fans will, as well.”

“I love you so much Kibum” Jonghyun whispered and having gotten up, he pulled Kibum into his arms and hugged him so close and so lovingly he actually teared up.

“My little crybaby, I love you too. It’s about time you grow up and believe in your amazing talent.” Kibum whispered softly and patted Jonghyun’s bleached hair.

The latter only hummed in response and let himself get pulled into his room, tiptoeing his way next to Minho’s bed only to be pushed onto his own by Kibum.

“Now sleep, Mister. Long day ahead of us.” Kibum whispered and tucked Jonghyun in. 

“Stay” Jonghyun whispered.

“Oh, it’s a deja-boo” Kibum sang and they laughed a little, careful not to wake Minho.

“That was so lame Kim Kibum.” Jonghyun grimaced but smiled when Kibum nestled himself next to Jonghyun.

“Oh you love me” Kibum whispered and pecked Jonghyun’s forehead “now sleep”.

Kibum is forgiving.

A hectic life never really slowed down, that is why paying full attention to everything was nearing impossibility. That is why Jonghyun didn’t really bother checking a sudden noise upon throwing his, no wait, Kibum’s bag which he borrowed (without Kibum’s permission, cough cough) into the car and stepping onto accelerator and dashing off to the ‘Blue Night’ studio.

He arrived just in time for the broadcast and seated himself after putting on his earphones. 

The three hour long broadcast flew quite quick and Jonghyun was about to pack his belongings when he noticed some plastic falling out of the bag. He put his hand into the bag and with horror written all over his face he noticed Kibum’s sunglasses shattered into pieces, all over the bag, he did his best to somehow gather all the parts but he could see that the damage that has been done was beyond repair.

“Kibum will kill me” He muttered to himself upon entering the dorm. He made sure to hide all the parts of destroyed glasses into the small pocket and with most innocent face he could pull off, he entered the kitchen where he know Kibum was waiting.

“Hello honey.” Jonghyun said with his softest voice, but with a spark in Kibum’s eyes he knew that his boyfriend has already noticed something was off.

“Spill it Kim, what did you do this time?” Kibum dropped the spoon into the sink and turned off the stove, as he has been heating up a leftovers for Jonghyun.

“I didn’t do it on purpose! I’m so sorry Kibum, I really am!” Jonghyun hung his head and dropped the bag onto the table.

“You took my bag? That’s all?” Kibum tilted his head and looked questioningly at Jonghyun.

“Worse. Just, look inside and I’ll hide.”

“Oh no mister, you’re staying right here, with me.” Upon saying this, Kibum reached forward and aimed it for the side pocked. Jonghyun closed his eyes and became even smaller, guilt rising in his body like crazy.

“KIM JONGHYUN!!!!!!” Kibum screamed having discovered what was the hidden into the side pocket. ''Not only have you taken my bag but you also broke my glasses! For 's sake Jonghyun, can't you learn not to take my things without asking?'' Kibum hollered and Jonghyun was about to respond but Kibum raised a single finger into the air and continued ''and don't give me this 'you should have cleaned your bag before putting it back into storage'! I knew that those glasses were in there because it's a perfect match.'' Kibum finished with a stomp of his foot and Jonghyun could feel the piercing gaze on his skin. 

''I'm really sorry Kibum. I'll buy them back, I promise.''

''You better.'' Kibum stormed out of the living room into his own bedroom and slammed the door shut.

''What happened?'' Jonghyun jumped in surprise as he heard Jinki's voice just behind himself. He only shook his head and went to his room, leaving the bag and parts of glasses on the table. Jinki shrugged.

Jonghyun kept turning in his bed, not able to fall asleep, guilt creeping in his heart. He really didn't like when Kibum was angry, especially with him. He considered waking Minho up but decided against it since he knew how drained of energy the rapper was. He looked at his phone and noticing it was already 4 in the morning, he groaned. Another sleepless night. He heard a soft click and sat up looking at the direction of the door. He noticed an all too familiar figure and immediately remembered about the happenings from a few hours ago. He hung his head but when he felt a familiar palm pulling at his chin he looked up and his gaze met with those foxy, magical eyes Jonghyun loved so much.

“Hey” Kibum whispered and motioned for Jonghyun to move so he could sit next to him. 

“I’m sorry” they said in unison and smiled at each other. “I shouldn’t have shouted at you so much. I’m just tired and stressed.” Kibum continued and took Jonghyun’s hand in his. Jonghyun returned the squeeze and gently rubbed Kibum’s palm with the pad of his thumb.

“I shouldn’t have taken your bag” Jonghyun whispered back and kissed the top of Kibum’s hand and brought it to his cheek, rubbing against it. “And I should be more careful.” Jonghyun added and looked at Kibum once again, this time his gaze was of the puppy kind, and he knew he was forgiven when Kibum, although quite defeated looking, cooed at him.

“I swear I’m going to kill you one day”

They only giggled and fell back onto Jonghyun’s bed, deciding it would be much easier for them to cuddle a little before sleeping.

Kibum is a fashionista. 

“Kibum you know we’re going to be seen, photographed and probably talked about a lot once we step out of the van at the airport?” Jonghyun asked, not really sure if his boyfriend was aware of what he was actually wearing.

“Of course I do.” Kibum answered as he ruffled his hair and put on a mask, to cover his no-make-up face. 

“And?” Jonghyun raised his eyebrow at his overly confident lover.

“And do you think I care? It’s my body, my clothes, me. And I don’t intend to play someone who is not real me.” Kibum scoffed and laced his shoes. “At least our fans will force their boyfriends to wear stylishly. This nation really needs a fashion lead, and I would gladly apply for that position.”

Jonghyun only laughed.

Kibum is Jonghyun’s everything.

“Do you ever wonder what will happen next?” Jonghyun’s hoarse voice sounded over Kibum’s head.

“What do you mean next?” the latter answered with a confused expression.

“You know, when SHINee will not be on top anymore, when we will slowly fade away and eventually disappear from stages and posters. What will happen then?” Jonghyun formed his question in a more detailed way and Kibum looked at him with a shocked expression.

“Why would you even think about it? Do you want to leave?” Kibum asked, his voice switching from surprised to worried.

“No, no, no! Of course not! You know, in like, 10, 20 years. When we will be old and unable to dance and sing as we are now.”

“In 10 years, Jonghyun, you will be almost as old as Heechul hyung is. Can you see him being unable to sing and dance or perform on stage?” Kibum tsked at him and slapped his arm. “But I can see your point, although you put it in a quite difficult manner.” He cuddled back to Jonghyun, totally dismissing the groan coming from Jonghyun’s throat when he accidentally punched his stomach. “Honestly?” Jonghyun only hummed. “I have no idea. I may start designing or try to live off from musicals. You can always start a solo career, Jinki as well. Taemin will somehow manage, I hope, though he still has problems with cooking ramyun. Minho.. Minho will probably become a fixed guest on ‘Running man’ or something.” Jonghyun once again only hummed. “Why would you ask that?” 

“Dunno. Guess I really want to busy my mind and forget about all the chaos around us.” The latter answered and pulled Kibum closer to himself, smelling latter’s hair and entwining their fingers.

“Oh, and one more thing!” Kibum suddenly exclaimed, startling Jonghyun. “I wish I got married in US.” Jonghyun knew Kibum was strangely fascinated with US, but why bother to go there to get married? He felt a painful pang in his heart thinking about Kibum getting married to someone. But he knew it was impossible to avoid. 

“Why US all of sudden?”

“It’s the only country where same couples are allowed to get married.” Kibum answered as if it was the most obvious thing on Earth. Jonghyun looked at him questioningly. “Jjong, baby, please tell me you’re not as dense as your face says you are.” Jonghyun only tilted his head. “Oh god you really are.”

Kibum covered his face and Jonghyun became even more confused.

“Don’t make me say this out loud. Try thinking for once.”

Jonghyun shook his head and it seemed as if his mind has finally woken up and started processing given information. 

“You would want to get married to a man?” at this point Kibum didn’t hesitate to facepalm. Sometimes his boyfriend was amazing even him.

“Yes, yes I want. And please tell how many man have you seen me with?”

“None.” Kibum pinched Jonghyun’s thigh. “Aside of me that is.”

“So the conclusion?” Kibum prompted, seriously doubting Jonghyun’s intelligence.

“You would want to get married.. to me?” Jonghyun asked, utterly shocked. He.. didn’t really expect it. How could he? It wasn’t a topic of everyday conversation.

A silence fell over them and neither of them dared to break it or make any sound for the record. Instead, Kibum started squirming out of the hold but Jonghyun stopped him and held him even closer than previously. 

“You would really get married to me?” he asked, still unable to believe. 

“Why wouldn’t I? You’re my soulmate, the love of my life. Of course I wou- oh for ’s sake it’s getting too sappy and I swear you’re going to cry and in a se-” Kibum looked up and could see Jonghyun’s eyes getting all sorts of wet and shiny.

“No, no you bastard you can’t cry because I’ll cry right after you.” Kibum said, his voice already breaking and it wasn’t much later before he himself started crying and rolled over to face Jonghyun.

“I love you so much.” Jonghyun whispered through his choked voice and kissed Kibum’s lips. The kiss was salty and wet due to the tears leaking down their cheeks, but they couldn’t pay it any attention, because they were too focused on each other, on their feelings and emotions that the kiss transferred.

“I love you too, idiot.” 

 

 

______________

A/N: oh man it got so sappy at the end..

I hope you like it nonethless~