Let's Go See The Cherry Blossoms

Let's Go See The Cherry Blossoms

Yoongi sat at his desk, contemplating lyrics for the next song. He wanted to make the lighter than usual, something that would show a different side of him that people may want to touch. The only thing is that he has listened to the hum like harmony a thousand times and couldn’t make it past the second line. A pile of crumpled papers started to stack next to him. He had begun to erase every rewrite, but him and the paper got tired of that. Yoongi balanced a pencil on his nose as he looked at the wall in front of him carefully. He knew it didn’t help bring words to his head, but it stopped him from giving up completely and letting someone else write his lyrics for him.

            Yoongi felt someone wrap their arm around him from behind, but he kept an unfazed expression. Only being a bit struck by the fact he didn’t hear the person enter his room. “Suga what are you doing?” Jimin spoke slightly turning his spiny chair to and fro. He could feel Jimin’s softly rest his cheek on the top of his head.

            “Oh I’m just writing.” he said non-chalantly. Yoongi wasn’t one to complain, even if Jimin asked him to vent. He knew Jimin had a radar for when he was stressed, he always popped up whenever he was ready to say “ IT!” and flip a table.

            “You are still writing? You said that the last time I was in here.” Suga tensed as Jimin reached past him to his notepad. He didn’t want him reading the first two corny line on the paper. He had to stop himself from knocking it out of the dongsaeng’s hand. Had Jimin not been in here for three days? That’s a record. Jimin placed it gently on the table, “It sounds good.” Yoongi looked down at the paper.

On the nice days when the cherry blossoms fall

Don’t think about what you will be missing, but what will come back next year.

            Jimin was being too nice. It sounded weird and generic. Could he be himself and still write gushy stuff? It wasn’t that hard in adult child. Jimin took the pencil off of Yoongi’s nose and threw it to the desk. “Maybe you just need to take your mind off of it and come back to it later?”

            Yoongi let out a little chuckle, “If I leave it now, I’m never going back to it.” He didn’t even try to hide the airy laugh that was mixed up with a bit of crazy, if you get what I mean. Jimin proceeded to laugh softly at his Yoongi, for him himself didn’t know what was funny.

            Jimin slowly spun the chair around, wedging himself in-between Suga’s legs, holding both of his Yoongi’s hands. “You look like you need to take a break.” Gently rubbing the back of Yoongi’s hands, he brought them slowly to his lips, “How long have you been in this chair? You should get up and stretch.” He pulled the reluctant hyung to his feet.

            “We already danced today though.” Yoongi tried wined as he stood in front of his chair. The other guy was already ready to do jumping-jacks or some . He reached his hand out pretending to stretch, fighting him is usually harder than just doing it.

            Jimin put his hands on his hips, “See hyung you know how to stretch the right way.” He moved behind Suga. “See look you put your hands up like this.” He forced Suga’s arms to go up in the air, almost into a full Nelson. Yoongi yelled in protest, which alarmed him until he heard what seemed like a laugh. He was opened to get tickled. As soon as the thought flickered into his head he went to tickle Yoongi’s pits.

            Yoongi squirmed, “What the hell is wrong with you.” he squawked. He wiggled and broke free from Jimin, and started frantically pulling down his shirt, which was almost half way up his stomach. “You just came in here to mess with me. I’m older than you. You don’t treat your hyungs like that.”

            In the middle of Yoongi’s little speech Jimin hugged him, which the other didn’t protest. He did feel better after the little giggle fit. Jimin wrapped his arms around his Yoongi, putting his forehead on the others. Yoongi interlocked his own fingers in a hug, resting them about an inch above Jimin’s . A thought flickered in his head, causing him to lean back and look at Jimin questioningly. He pulled away from Jimin and snatched his note pad from his desk and pushed Jimin on his bed. Jimin looked confused.

            “You should help me write the beginning.” Suga said lying on the bed with his legs folded under him.

            Jimin smiled and almost laughed, “You should’ve told me that. I couldn’t read the look in your eyes.” Suga just turned his face up at the comment. What indication, other than the push on the bed, had him doing anything at this moment? Too many people were active to do anything with him anyway.

            “Anyway, the song is about cherry blossoms. I don’t know what to write. It’s supposed to be something sweet.” He looked at the lines on the page and sighed.

            “Well I think you are over thinking it.” Jimin placed his head in the usually comfy spot that was Suga’s thigh. He reached up to touch his Yoongi’s cheek as Yoongi stared blankly at the page. “I think it would be better to visualize what you want to rap about. Like what do you think makes cherry blossoms sweet and nice?”

            Honeslty, he wouldn’t be able to tell you. He didn’t like the cherry blossoms that much. When they are here, tourists come to the parks and take picture. It’s just a tree with tiny flowers that have small annoying petals that fall down. Ugh, that long train of thought was just his disdain for the rap he had to do. He liked that they were delicate, but the romanticization of it is confusing. He was making it harder than it had to be, but he didn’t want to put any typical bull down.

            He was pulled out of his thoughts when Jimin’s finger tips brought his attention down to him. “Okay, how about you think of a moment that is sweet and apply it to the cherry blossoms.” Yoongi’s eyes widened. That’s a fricken good idea.

            Yoongi stared at the page for a moment longer and started to slowly write down his verses, his dongseung’s hair. He didn’t even notice when Jimin went to sleep. He tried to move out his way, but the kid was heavy. Oh well….

3 hours later

Jimin woke up what felt like days later. He hadn’t fell asleep like that since Suga was put on the deadline for the new songs. He couldn’t tell his Yoongi how much he missed it, he had too much to worry about. He notice he wasn’t on a lap anymore, but more like a knee, the side of one at that. Yoongi was laying on his side, feet dangling off the bed, clutching the ever devious notebook.

Seeing the cherry blossoms are only fun when I’m with you.

These warm feelings that emerged after meeting you come back as we hold hands under these trees.

You smile up at the tree and I smile at you.

You ask, “What could be prettier than this sight?

What could be better than these petals?

“What could smell better than these trees.”

My answer is you. When you reach up and my cheek is better than an orchard of those trees.

For others, cherry blossoms bloom once a year, but my cherry blossoms are every time I go to sleep with you.

Let’s go see the cherry blossoms together.

Jimin smiled unexpectedly. He didn’t think Suga could write something so sweet.