*end*(sequel)

MISUNDERSTANDING
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Park jiyeon

It’s been almost 3 months since that ‘thing’ happened. After clubbing and being wasted I finally straightened my mind. I resigned from the company, from his company. And sell all the things I have, like my condo and the car after I moved here in Busan. Busan is my original hometown. That’s what my birth certificate says. I was adopted by a family, but they soon died in a plane crash. My real mother died when she gave birth to me and my father died while fishing, there was a typhoon back then. That’s what my foster parents told me before they died. I was 5 when they adopted me and 10 when they died.

They were kind but they don’t treat me as a family because I’m adopted. They thought that maybe if I stay with them they will learn to love me but they’re wrong. ‘Cause they can’t

I finished my studies because I inherit all of their property. I managed to finish studies and after that I work on his company. When I finished my studies he and I planned to work on his company to be together. That was my plan back then but not now.   

I sell all the things that I earned while working on my own but I didn’t touch a single thing of the properties my foster parents gave me.

I buy a house from busan near the sea. It’s quite elegant and peaceful. When I first moved here I once though “This is a place no one knew me and no one give a damn about me” but then some neighbors knock on my door with a smile on their face. At first I didn’t know what to do. It’s my first time buying a house not a condo in a building, so it’s my first time having neighbors too.

(something like this)

They handed me foods and was planning to leave but then I invited them inside my house, they were so kind and they treated me like their daughter.

The reason I moved here is because of him.  Not entirely. I don’t have anything to do there, I don’t have friends nor family so why bother work for him or live near him. Seoul is too little for us not to meet again. I am not planning to forget him I’m planning to get over him and live my life. Not the life we planned when we were kids. He changed and I am going to. I will find the real me not the ‘his bestfriend named jiyeon’. I will find ‘me’ ‘just me’.

I was riding my bike because I will buy ingredients in the market. I cook. But honestly I’m not great. If it’s too salty it doesn’t have flavor, and if it’s not raw it’s burnt.

And then I saw Hyojoon/hyorong-oppa. He’s the child of Mrs. Park, one of my closest neighbor.

“Oppa!” I shouted smiling

He titled he’s head and when he saw me he form a big bright smile that ‘cause to show his dimples.

“Annyeong haseyo oppa! Where are you going?” I asked

“I-i----” he stuttered. Well that’s a first. Back then when we first met he was always acting like a big brother towards me. Always acting cool

“Is there a problem?” I look at him wearily

“T-t-the market” ”mom” ”dad” he said with his busan accent

“what happened?”

“The loan sharks where we have loan sold the market to a company and they will demolish the whole market tomorrow morning. I don’t know what to do jirong-ah” he sound so upset and hopeless

He was calling me like that and I call him hyorong or oppa. It’s some kind of nickname that we gave each other. No malice, we’re like true family

“What? I thought your family owned that market?”

“We are. But something happened last year and we needed money so we loan from them but in return they will handle the land title.”

“What will happen now?” I asked him

“I don’t know. I’m more worried about the people who will lose their business when they demolish the market. It’s our entire fault”

“No it’s not.” I tried to comfort him

I pity those who will lose their jobs. They were so kind to me but I can’t do anything---wait.

“I have an idea”

“huh?”

“Take me where the loan sharks are.”

“why? You can’t do anything”

“Wait here. I won’t take long don’t move an inch oppa. Arraso?”

I didn’t wait for his answer and pedal my bike back to my house. I run upstairs and open the vault where I put all the my properties and also the my inheritance from my foster parents. I took all of my credit cards and also my foster’s parent’s bank account cards but it was named on me when they died

“Hyorong oppa!!!” I shouted with a smile

“Yah! What’s your plan?”

“This!” I said while showing him 10 credit cards on my hands

“What? But that’s your money”

“And we’re family” I smiled at him.

It’s true. I see them as my family. They always take care of me. They always give me home cook foods because they know that I live all alone and sometime Mrs. Park will always visit me once a week to help me clean the whole house. They were so kind to me.

“Family” he repeated and form a smile too

“Hop in” I said

“Jirong-ah! Are you serious? Can you even pedal when you’re carrying me at your back?” he said

“Maybe?” I was thinking so hard how to help his family that I didn’t thought if I could carry him or not

“Get off there, I’ll drive” he said and so I did

We go on every bank and took out every money I’ve got. Then we headed on the place of the loan sharks

“Who are you?” a guy with a huge body ask us

“Tell your boss i want to talk to him about business matters” they were not sure if they’re gonna follow me but then they followed

A minute past and they allowed us to enter. The house was so huge and has so many guns displayed on the wall. Hyorong-oppa put his hands over my shoulder. I’m glad I have my brother by my side. I trust my family. The thing that I’ve learned from the past is just trust, always say yes and smile.

There’s a chance that they’ll betray or leave you but at least you felt the feeling that you were longing for so long even if it’s just a week a month or just a year. The feeling of having a family who treasure you, that warm feeling that they can give you.

When we enter a room there was an old guy with brushed up hair and was wearing his shades. He was playing billiards.

“Annyeong haseyo ajuhusi” I bowed

“What business?” he asked right away

“I want to buy the market”

“it’s already been sold”

“But I know that they just gave you half the money, and you can just get the money after the demolition.” I know that because that was my job back then. Selling buildings etc.

“I can still get the money” he paused the game and faced me “And do you have any money to purchase a market?” he doubt

“Of course I have”

“But I already sign a contract” he grinned. A freaky-kind of grin

“I know you didn’t. a guy like you doesn’t sign a contract without having the whole payment” I smirk. I have encountered many kind of man like him.

“You’re smart. But I can’t give you what you like just because you said so I need something in return”

“A----” I stopped oppa. He was planning to punch the guy

“I can give you additional 5%” I said and took the bag full of money on hyorong oppa’s hands “And I can give it to you now.”

He smiled, satisfied.

“You heard her boys! Cancel the agreement and” he look at us

“Get me the papers now!” he shouted “These way ma’am” he said leading the way to? I think his office.

The only weakness of loan sharks are money.

We were arranging the papers and I was reading it carefully.

“You’re quite good, what’s your job?” he suddenly ask. He was drinking red wine

“Nothing”

“That’s a waste. You have talent on handling these kind of things”

“I’m finished. Where’s your’s?” I said when I finally signed the contract

“Hahaha” he laughed “You’re really impressive” I didn’t give a damn of what he said and I just took his papers and searched if he already signed the papers

“We’re finish. Here” I said and handed him the bag full with money.

“You can ask me help if you wanted to, kid” he then patted my head. “You remind me of my daughter”

I guess he’s not that terrible.

For the first time I smiled at him. I should not judge someone base on their looks. His ‘boys’ guide our way out and after that oppa and I went to his family and told them what I did.

Now, I own that market.

**********************************************************(KimMyungSoo P.O.V)

I was arranging some papers when suddenly—

“Oppa!” the door flung open and krystal was standing there. Her thin lips formed a smile and her eyes were twinkling.

She’s so pretty

I smiled at her

“What are you doing here?”

“Do I need a reason to be at my boyfriend’s office?” her smile turns to a pout

“Of course not” I smiled worrying that I might be not too sensitive for her.

I like her. But I’ve never fallen for a girl before. Not anyone. I treasure all the people around me and my family’s wealth. So I can’t afford to lose a stock holder, but sadly I lost my best friend. I love her. But as a friend it was never more than that and it never will be.

“Knock knock” krystal’s brother Jung Siwan.

“Come in” I said

“We have a problem. The factory we were planning to built at busan. They suddenly canceled their contract with us”

“What? I thought the demolition will already start tomorrow?” I said as I get up from my sit. This is my first project that my father gave me. A

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter