Barr and Minty

Bereft
Ballerinas are never supposed to eat ice cream. That's why the celebratory single scoop of chocolate mint, organic, sugar free ice cream, once every two months is absolute Nirvana for Sulli. She comes in dressed in her leotard and tutu and tights, as if proclaiming she was rebelling, while wearing a leather bomber jacket and old, beaten up combat boots. This was a tradition. Those combat boots had walked through the door of Luna Star's Speciality Ice Cream Parlor so many times, you would think she was a regular. 
Actually she just worked there. 
She only ate the ice cream once every two months. She was first an up and coming prima ballerina and second an ice cream scooper at your local organic ice cream shop. It was almost as if she lived two different lives, and it was pretty cool to be honest. She was even called two different names depending on if she was in ballerina mode or ice cream scooping mode. Madame Goo was old and stuffy and insisted that everybody called everybody by their first name, except for herself of course. She is the Madame. Madames are always called Madame. But Sulli wasn't a Madame, so everybody called her by her reall name, Jinri, instead of her nickname which was Sulli. Even her dancing partner Minho always called her Jinri. It was a little weird, since he was the one who gave her the nickname back when they were little, little kids, but Madame's word was law. 
The ice cream parlor, however was different. The only other people who worked there-Granny Goo, Minkyu, Jiwon and Hyunwoo all called her Sulli. No, Granny Goo and Madame have nothing to do with each other. They share a name, purely as coincidence. Pretty cool, hunh. They are pretty similar, if you think about it. Madame Goo owns and runs one of the best ballet studios in the world: Goo's Studio, and Granny Goo runs the best place to get organic, homage, sugar free ice cream on the planet: Luna Star's Specialty Ice Cream Parlor. Why it's called Luna Star's Specialty Ice Cream Parlor? Nobody knows. There are theories ranging from Luna being Granny Goo's first name, to Luna being a mummy buried under the property. It really depends on which regular you talk to.
Today was Thursday, which means Hyunjoong was coming today. Hyunjoong is one of Sulli's favorite regulars. He's adorably cute and upbeat and who knows how old he is, because he's one of those super ageless people, but you can't help but like him. She stood at the counter all morning praying he would show up before her shift ends and she needs to go to the studio to work on that one jump she and Minho can never quite get. 
Finally, at ten, Hyunjoong sauntered in, only he wasn't alone.
"Ayo wahtsup Sul?" Hyunjoong is the only person to ever nickname a nickname. 
"My foot." Sulli smiled the customary response before moving on. "Who's this? Your girlfriend?" She had only glanced at the girl behind Hyunjoong and was busy scooping his cone, but she figured a girlfriend was as good a guess as any.
"Hardly!" Laughed the man. "She's my sister! Can't chu tell?" Sulli looked up and froze. The girl following Hyunjoong smiled at her and Sulli had the most intense enlightenment moment ever. The girl's eyes curved up into the two most perfect crescents to exist. Her lips curved up too, because she was smiling, but really she was just so stunning that Sulli barely registered anything other than, oh my ing god there is a goddess in my shop, oh my ing god...
"I get a free scoop, right?" 
Both Sulli and the girl snapped their heads up and of the trance they had put each other in. Sulli then noticed she had dropped the cone on the floor, and her entire face turned Crimson at the realization.
"Um, yeah, I'm so sorry Hyunjoong, let me get you another scoop."
She scooped up another spoonful of strawberry pie ice cream and handed it to the man. Then she tried not to look at the girl and faint. She didn't say anything or even move her face, but the girl could tell what she was asking. Instead of talking, she pointed in a general direction up towards the menu, while staring at Sulli and somehow Sulli knew that the girl wanted their chocolate mint ice cream-the same ice cream she gets to savor once every two months. 
She scooped up the ice cream, plopped it on the cone and handed it to the girl.
"One chocolate chip mint ice cream for..."
"Amber" Amber supplied.
"For Amber. Um, enjoy." Sulli blushed slightly when their hands made contact. Amber did too, but Sulli was to busy looking down, embarrassed, to notice. Amber had social experience, and dating experience, which was way more then Sulli ever had. She knew a select number of people and had never dated, so she didn't know what to do when an attractive person kept looking at her. Luckily for Sulli, Amber did know what to do.
"What's your name?" 
"Uh, Sulli."
"That's an interestingly cool name."
"Well, it's a nickname, my real name is Jinri. Call me Sulli though..."
"Alright." Amber smiled again. "Could I have your number?" 
"I don't have a phone." Sulli pouted. She was so outdated. She mentally threw herself off a cliff.
"Alright...is there any place I could see you, other then here? I'm usually busy during this shift."
Sulli nodded and scribbled an address down. She was working on autopilot, and really, just hoped it wasn't an old address from America, or the address for the Seoul Preforming Arts Center. 
"Goo's Studio...you're a dancer?"
Sulli just nodded in response. 
"Cool, me too! What kind of dance?" 
"Ballet."
"Ooh, I've been wanting to learn at least the basics of ballet. I'm a breakdancer."
Sulli mentally screamed. How could a breakdancer-a breakdancer(!)be interested in ballet?!?! Breakdancing was the ultimate cool dance. Ballet was just the elite, prestigious, snooty dance. It made no sense to Sulli. Before she could respond, Hyunjoong interrupted their conversation amused.
"Hate to break up the party, but we need to go 'Ber."
And they left.
 
Nobody really knew who the gorgeous girl with long, brown, curly hair was. She was sitting in the visitor chair in the studio, and since nobody knew her, nobody spoke to her. She seemed preoccupied with her phone anyway. Practice didn't start for twenty minutes, and most of them were just there early to warm up. All was awkward silence, until Minho came. It was always quiet until Minho came. First of all, Minho himself was rather loud. Secondly, the ballerinas all but hardcore fangirled over him, and when he came the studio got rather noisy. That is, of course, until Madame came, but she wasn't there yet.
Minho barged in rather silently for him. That changed quickly.
"Who are you?" His voice boomed as he pointed to the girl. Her headphones must've not actually had anything playing because she looked up unsurprised and smirked slightly. 
"A spectator."
"Okay....and 'spectator', who are you here to see?"
Amber quickly glanced around the room. 
"Not any of you." 
And she went back to her phone. Minho sighed in defeat and started warming up. He knew she was always the last one to come, but usually Jinri wasn't late, and today she was getting real close. Then at the last second, in true Jinri style, she burst in, already dressed and started warming up.
"Ah, sorry guys! There was this insane malfunction at work and-" Jinri fell over mid turn. She never did that. Ever. 
"Woah, woah, are you okay?" Minho reached down to help her up. She brushed him off, and that was when he realized she was gazing at the spectator in a kind of astonishment.
"Already?! How did you even...?" 
The spectator looked up, and upon seeing Jinri, she grinned and took out her ear plugs.
"Yup! Did I surprise you?"
"Yes! How did you even get here before me, I mean-"
"Well, I left about forty five minutes ago, and you left, like, within the last fifteen minutes, probably, so. I didn't realize it's so close. We drove, completely idiotic, and they've been eyeing me ever since."
"Yeah, it's close. I walk everyday."
"It's a nice studio. A little small, but nice."
"Okay, well, Ms. I'm an amazing breakdancer, shush. This is one of the most sought after studios in the world. Why do you think there's a spectator chair? Does your studio have one?"
"I don't work in a studio. Hey, mind if try it out though?" The unknown girl started standing up, and gestured towards the center of the dance floor. 
"I don't mind. Do you guys mind?" Jinri looked at the other dancers. They all just shook their heads, scared. Most of them were terrified of her, because she was the prima Donna of the company. Madame Goo's favorite. Minho however nodded his head stubbornly. 
"Minhooo. It's Thursday. Madame won't be here today, it's fine. Move." She pulled him to the edge of the room and gestures for the girl to take the stage. And she did.
To say this stranger was amazing would be an understatement. 
She got on the floor and moved. Her entire persona shifted, and she transformed into the perfect, ideal performer. She was breakdancing, but she was doing more then that. She was telling you a story, moving you. Minho had never thought of breakdancing as a moving style of dance, but this girl showed him otherwise. 
Then she fell.
"God damn it." She laid back on the floor, panting slightly.
"Amber, you are a god."
 Smiling, the girl looked up at the ceiling. She heard what Sulli said, and she was trying not to cry. It was to early for this. She didn't want to scare Sulli away. Before any tears escaped down her cheek, she pulled it together and turned to smile at Sulli.
"If only."