A Crash of a Meeting

In Time

“Are you kidding me? You’re trying to make me laugh, right? Because this is a joke.”

Key just couldn’t understand how his personal stylist had almost no taste in fashion whatsoever. Having a personal stylist was supposed to make life easier – all you have to do is lounge in your dressing room as you shout orders at them as they must scramble all over the floor, searching for the perfect piece of clothing. The perfect size, cut, and color. However, Key’s personal “stylist” (he wasn’t sure if you could even call him a stylist) lacked in the ability to choose the appropriate anything when it came to clothing.

Key just didn’t understand why he couldn’t just go shopping by himself, for himself. Sure, he enjoyed people waiting on him hand and foot, he admits, he is kind of a princess, but his stylist just was not good at his job. Okay, Key was not the nicest of people, known for his blatant comments and inappropriate times, so let’s be excruciatingly honest – he was absolutely terrible. Out of the several months that Key has put up with him, Key could count on the fingers of one hand just how many times he has been somewhat content with his finds.

Once again, Key shooed him away, not waiting to see if he was in fact joking or if he was serious about the hideous… Key wasn’t even sure what the article of clothing was supposed to be. Was it a shirt? A vest? No… maybe it was a scarf. Key rolled his eyes and snorted. When it comes to fashion, Key preferred to shop for himself, so stuff like this didn’t happen. Flashbacks of him as a young teenager shopping with his parents popped into his head – him begging to buy this one gorgeous designer jacket, or the edgy shoes, or that one obnoxiously colored scarf that he fell in love with. He was constantly shut down, being told that those were unacceptable to wear – as they were not classy enough – in a tone that was usually used with children under the age of five. For years, Key rebelled, wearing the most “un-classy” clothes he could, not only to piss his parents off, but also because he was in love with unique fashion.

Over these several years, his mom threatened to get him a personal stylist. Even though it was a mere threat, he was finally forced to get one three months ago, simply because his fashion sense was “not appropriate for the son of the most powerful business owners in Korea”. At 23-years-old, Key thought that he could at least dress without his mother breathing down his back.

Well, he thought wrong.

His stylist returns, holding up a new shirt. “Key-sshi, is this one—“

Key isn’t even angry at this point – he’s just exasperated, his jaw slowly dropping. He stands, pushing passed the other man, who hurriedly bows repeatedly in apology, mumbling “sorry Key-sshi” over and over.

When Key exists the department store, he feels slightly guilty for treating him like this, knowing that he is just here by orders of Key’s mother. Even so, Key has learned that it is better for him to remain quiet in times like these, his sharp tongue often getting him into trouble or making him regret his words later. So, he continues on by himself, passing the crowds of people scurrying around the mall, wondering if other people had to deal with pathetic stylists and crazy mothers as well.

~*~

“Excuse me, could I put this here while I go search around some more?”

Jonghyun handed the movie to the cashier, which he had found on a special display. It was an American film, an animation, one with a name that he was not familiar with. Those were his favorite.

The cashier nodded, and he set it on the counter. Jonghyun mumbled his thanks and continued to search the endless aisles of movies. He walked up and down the aisle that held all the action movies, pausing to check out a couple with interesting covers, but almost immediately placing them back on the shelf. He continued down to the romantic-comedy section, eyes darting from one title to another, until he naturally began gravitating toward the animated section.

With the location it was in, at one of the biggest shopping malls in Seoul, Jonghyun hadn’t been to this movie store many times before, and wasn’t too familiar with what they had. He preferred the small, privately owned, hidden away shops that you had to adventure around the city to find – the ones that had their own character – not one had the same feel or atmosphere as another. He paced back and forth several times, taking time to pick up almost each and every one of the movies to study the covers, read the descriptions, and look over the cast and the crew. After what could have been hours, his hands were filled with three new films he had chosen after having an internal debate about which to choose. He considered it to be a good day – he had exercised quite the restraint as he found twice as many he wished to buy. That’s okay, I’ll save them for next time. It gives me a reason to come back, Jonghyun thought to himself as he heads back up to the cashier once again.

“Are you buying these for your dongsaeng?” The small, pretty cashier asked as Jonghyun placed them on the counter.

Jonghyun gave a shy smile and simply said, “No, they’re for me,” as he paid for the movies.

“Oh, I see. That’s really cute.” The cashier said timidly, her eyes growing wide as soon as she said it.

Jonghyun gave her a sweet smile and gave a small bow of thanks. “Have a nice day, Miss.”

He grabbed the small paper bag which contained his new films and headed for his car, excited to get home and start watching.

~*~

Key angrily searches in his bag for his car keys, growing more annoyed by the second. The incident with his stylist wasn’t the problem – the problem was he needed to get his afternoon shot of caffeine into his lethargic body. But, the lunch rush had just kicked in when he arrived at the small coffee shop within the department mall and the line was snaking around the other shops that existed beside it, ajummas trying to control their screaming children as they waited for their coffee.

There were a lot of things in this world that Key disliked, however, long lines and screaming children resided at the top of that list.

After waiting ten minutes and only moving a couple of spots ahead, he dramatically huffed and stomped away, leaving the ajummas in line to watch him retreat to the parking lot, praying their young children would not end up as an impatient diva like that young man.

Finally, he finds his car keys, just before he is ready to scream. He normally didn’t have major hissy fits such as this one, but he also hadn’t had his afternoon caffeine fix for the day, which was just enough to set him over the edge. Slamming the car door and shoving the keys into the ignition, he didn’t even pause to fasten his seat belt or check his review mirror before stepping on the gas pedal way harder then he meant to back out of his parking spot.

~*~

Jonghyun starts his car, rolling down his windows to breathe in the late-autumn, crisp air. He sipped on his coffee, basking in the warmth that the sun brought with its brightness today. He loved the weather like this, in which there was a definite chill in the air, but the sun provided just enough warmth to balance thing out. As he pulls out of his parking spot, he wonders if he should do something outside, maybe go for a walk, instead of concealing himself inside to watch his newly purchased movies. He drives calmly through the parking lot, admiring how great life is – he has coffee, four new movies in his possession, and it is a beautiful day –

Crash.

For a second, Jonghyun is dazed, a completely confused expression playing across his face. He was going so slow – how could he hit something, with that much force? There wasn’t even anyone around – oh.

Turning around, he sees that a bright red sports car has crashed into the back right side of his own vehicle. And then he sees the blonde-haired man, around his own age, climb out of the sports car and heads for Jonghyun’s driver side window. He was well-dressed, had quite the taste in clothes, and was very attractive. However, the unbelievably pissy look that was on face contorted his facial features, making look like a crazed person. Somehow, though, Jonghyun still thought he was still extremely cute.

“Yah, , what the hell?!”

Well, his sharp tongue wasn’t the cutest.

“Do you know how to drive?”

The blonde practically yelled, leaving Jonghyun to just blink. Of course he knew how to drive. The other, however, didn’t seem to know how to wait for other cars before backing out of their parking spot.

Jonghyun took a breath, careful to choose the right words so he wouldn’t set the blonde off any further.

“Um, I’m sorry-“

“You better be sorry! Do you know how much that car is worth? Do you see how much damage you’ve done to it?”

Jonghyun blinked once again, patiently waiting for the other to stop yelling. “Um, I’m sorry,” he repeated, “But you’re the one that hit me.”

Apparently that was the wrong thing to say, as the blonde’s jaw went slack as a spark of anger flashed behind his brown eyes.

“Are you an idiot?!” He screams, then pauses, instantly becoming that calm, cool angry that is insanely crazy and makes your skin crawl.

“I think you better reevaluate your opinion and reassess the situation before you go leaping to that specific conclusion.”  The blonde states coolly, anger radiating off him.

Jonghyun thinks the blonde was trying to intimidate him, however, he was doing the complete opposite, and he was beginning to lose his patience. Usually, he has infinite amounts of this, but there is one thing that gets on his nerves above anything else: rich, spoiled, y kids.

It was unfortunate, because the blonde was so good-looking,

“That won’t be necessary,” Jonghyun states simply. “How could I be the one to hit you? I was simply driving through the parking lot – you backed into me.”

The blonde swallows hard and stares intently into Jonghyun’s eyes, who has now gotten out of his car. Jonghyun knows that when the blonde smirks, it’s because he practically almost towers over Jonghyun. However, Jonghyun just mirrors the other’s smirk as a challenge, knowing it will piss Blondie off. But, he also knows that the diva will not resort to physicality to end this dispute.

“Yah, it was my right-of-way.” Blondie declares, making sure to enunciate each syllable of his words.

Jonghyun really thinks he has heard it all know. Is this guy crazy? How stupid can you be?

“How the hell do you think it was your right-of-way?!” Jonghyun raises his voice for the first time, and Blondie blinks back surprise.

“How can a person pulling out of a parking spot have the right-of-way over those who are already driving? I’m sorry, but I think you’re the one that is going to have to reevaluate and reassess.” Jonghyun says coolly, immediately back to his calm demeanor. He leans in to close the distance between them, holding the blonde’s hard gaze. He slightly raises his eyebrows, willing him to challenge him. Once again, Blondie screams.

“Yah… jinjja… you’re really going to do this? Are you—“

Jonghyun slams a business card into the blonde’s chest. “Take it up with my lawyer. I don’t have time to argue with rich, spoiled diva children who are used to getting their own way.” He gets back into his own sports car, and gives the clearly flustered blonde a wink.

“Have a nice day,” Jonghyun smiles, gently closes the car door, and calmly drives off. All the way out of the parking lot, he hears the blonde screaming obscenities after him.

~*~

Jonghyun scoffs, and punches the steering wheel. He didn’t even assess the damage to his own car yet, but he knew it had to be pretty bad, knowing how hard that y diva slammed into his precious car. Damn it, damn him, damn everything. Jonghyun was a very easy-going, patient person, but there was one thing that he absolutely could not stand: y rich kids. It was such a good day – how did it turn so abruptly that he now had to deal with what he disliked most?

He rolled down his windows, trying to cool down – not only his temperature, but also his temper. He didn’t think he’d ever disliked somebody so much, especially after only one meeting with them.

Whatever, he thought. It’s over. His lawyer would deal with the diva’s ignorant little . He didn’t need to worry about it.

Oh, how wrong would Kim Jonghyun be this time.