-fin-

Tell me what is love.

-5th May 2015, 8.19pm-

The night was young, and the stars twinkled down from the heavens onto the streets of Seoul.

Jieun looked about, adjusting the face mask covering most of her face while glancing left and right furtively.

'Noone.' She kept walking down the street, a bunch of roses clutched tightly against her chest.

Stopping at a junction to wait for the traffic crossing, she swallowed nervously.

'Should have waited till later....' Jieun muttered to herself, hesitating for a moment before ducking aside and heading for the first cafe she saw.

'I hope noone notices me...' She managed to get into the cafe, ordering her drink quickly and finding a quiet corner to wait the night.

Her phone buzzed with a message. It was short, to the point.

(Meet me at the park, the usual place, midnight, okay?)

(Okay.)

-5th May 2015, 11pm-

'Excuse me, miss, the cafe is closed, I'm sorry. Could you please leave so we could clean up?'

'Sure...' Quietly excusing herself, Jieun left the cafe, turning in the direction of the park, along streets with only streetlights to light the way.

불빛들이 꺼지면 조용히 만나.

Jieun walked with her head down, mortally frightened about being discovered.

'Aish, move aside.' A man on the way home shoved her aside, pushing her across the walkway into the bulding.

가시뿐인 세상에 꽃으로 피어나.

'Ouch... I have to get there quickly..' Rubbing her arm, she kept on her way to the park, trying her best not to get bumped around anyone else.

'Maybe one day I won't have to hide like this anymore. So noone will ever gossip about us ever again.. I'm so sick of that.. Why won't the fans understand..'

그래 안돼?

수군대고 우리 사이를 말리고

그래 안돼?

죽을 만큼 그토록 사랑하는데

-5th May 2015, 11.26pm-

Jieun stopped at the entrance to the park, the flowers still held securely in her hands as she fished out her phone from her pocket.

(I'm here. But there're people looking. And a drunk guy.) Over to the side, she watched a drunk man stumble along, closer and closer to her.

(Come on in, its nearly empty.) Jieun cast a final glance at the drunkard before hurrying into the dark, unlit pathways of the park, humming quietly to herself as her feet remembered the same paths, the paths she took since four years ago.

Looking up, she found the tree where they had their first... first everything.

'Hello.' Jieun turned around, into the warm arms of her lover.

'Its been a while, Jieun. Hello.'

'I missed you so much... But I had schedules.' Jieun stifled a sob, pressing her face into the broad shoulder of Yongguk.

'Shush, don't cry, people are watching, they may find us. Let's get somewhere quiet.'

'I'm sick of this, people looking at us as just idols, we're huma-'

'Shhh.'

쳐다보지마 그런 눈으로

사랑했을 뿐이야 뿐이야 우린

욕하지 보이는 대로

조금 다를 뿐이야 뿐이야 우린

그냥 내버려

Yongguk took Jieun by the hand, leading her deeper into the park, to a little patch of grass by the lake, where the water shone silver from the light of the moon.

Sitting down on the soft mat of grass, Jieun looked up at Yongguk.

'Oppa, I can't live like this anymore, I can't take it. I don't think I can survive like this any longer..'

멈춰버린 세상에 수는 없을까

그래 안돼

잘못한 우린 하나 없는데

그래 안돼

죽을 만큼 그토록 사랑하는

'Jieun, you know we have to keep this a secret, we're idols. We have images to keep.'

'But all the fans support us anyway, don't they? Look at all the stories and theories they have..' Jieun turned away, refusing to look Yongguk in the eye.

'I don't want to hide anymore. I don't want the strange looks when I come to look for you.'

쳐다보지마 그런 눈으로

사랑했을 뿐이야 뿐이야 우린

욕하지 보이는 대로

조금 다를 뿐이야 뿐이야 우린

그냥 내버려

Tell Me What Is Wrong

Tell Me What Is Wrong

Tell Me What Is Love

Tell Me What Is Love

'We're human too, why can't we proclaim that we love each other?'

느끼는 대로 사랑하고 싶어

변하지 않아 누가 뭐래도

'Jieun... Please, the contract will end soon, I'll be with you then, I promise. Can you wait that long..'

'I have to, won't I?' Jieun leaned back into his arms, trying her best to remember the warmth of the embrace, something to remember for the months without him.

'You know that I love you, and that won't change.'

'I know, oppa. I know. You told me that, every year on my birthday, every time I get to see you.'

'Good, always remember that. I love you. So wait for me, please?'

'I love you.'

'I love you too.'

쳐다보지마 그런 눈으로

사랑했을 뿐이야 뿐이야 우린

욕하지 보이는 대로

조금 다를 뿐이야 뿐이야 우린

그냥 내버려둬.

 

-end-

 

How was it? It feels so sloppy.. ;  ;