t w o

Mistaken for a Mistake
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

t w o

Two and a half week passed by just like that.

Two and a half week passed since I- or rather we had done it.

 

One week passed since my solo debut.

One week passed since my lack of energy.

 

The constant dance and vocal practice  -even after performing on music shows- drains my energy so much. Getting tired and feeling exhausted from practice is pretty normal, but somehow this time it’s a little abnormal. The tiredness, I mean. It’s different to my usual kind of tiredness. Of course it still make sense because the “crab dance” is one hell of a choreography!

“Hyorin-ah, come on!” My choreography teacher called out. “One more round and you’re free to go. Hurry up!”

I groaned but still obeyed; knowing full well that was he said was a total lie because we’ll definitely go through it more than once. “Ne~” I dragged myself off the floor and got into my position, along with my back-up dancers, prepared for another tiring run-through.

 

As I was dancing, my head started to spin a little. Come on Kim Hyojung! Hang in there a little more! You’re free to jump on your bed once this is over. I tried to hang on until Mr. Son would call it a day but I could feel my body swaying and my head pounding even more. Little by little, a feeling of uncomfortableness formed in my stomach.  Just a little mo-

“Alright guys, I’ll call it a day… Or night?” FINALLY!  “I was gonna run-through a few steps but it seems like our superstar here isn’t feeling well”.

I glanced up at him while clutching on my stomach. “Huh?”

“You look a little pale and un-“

I didn’t let him finish as I felt a wave of nausea hit me and so I dashed off to the bathroom. Bending over the company’s toilet sink but nothing happened. All I could taste was bile.

Not long after that, I felt a presence in the bathroom. “Unnie, are you alright?” It was one of my favourite back-up dancers. A look of concern plastered on her face. “We were pretty startled back there”

I glanced at her and nodded, feeling slightly embarrassed. I swear I felt the urge to vomit… But I didn’t. “Sorry for startling you and the others, Baeri-ya”

“It’s okay, unnie.,” She genuinely smiled. “The others are packing now, do you want to go?”

I could only nod. She guided my back to the practice room because the uncomfortableness in my stomach and the headache just simply won’t go away.

Back in the practice room, I could see another dancer –who was like a little sister to me- was packing my belongings. “Thank you Kira-ya”

She only grin. “It’s totally fine, unnie. Don’t worry about it. But unnie, are you really okay?”

I nodded while the three of us headed out of the building.

“Alright unnie, we have to go,” Baeri informed. “Or we will likely miss the bus. Bye unnie, take care!”

“Sure will!” I called out as the two started to sprint to the bus stop. I looked around and saw that manager oppa was already in the van and so I headed there, to go home.

 

Few days later came by and all of the members were free of schedule. We had initially planned out to travel somewhere near but settled with having a mini gathering at Bora unnie’s apartment.

 

Bora unnie is currently in the kitchen, cooking god-knows-what and we’re just here hoping that it’s eatable.

“Hyorin unnie! Hyorin unnie!” Soyou exclaimed while panting, eyes still fixed on the tv screen. She is currently playing the Wii with Dasom. As for me, I was planning to have a short nap but I don’t think that’s suitable with all the chicken-like noises that the maknae is making. “Why does unnie look extremely drained out these days?”

“Oh! Yeah,” Dasom agreed. “I was wondering that, too.”

I hummed in response. “Just… The constant practice maybe?”

“Unnie, practice is practice, “Dasom uttered, pausing the game temporarily. I looked up and saw that the both of them was staring at me with a concern face. “But having enough rest and eating well are more important.”

“I know. I am eating well though…” Truth be told. These days, I have been having sleeple

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter