Final

Nothing Better

Recommended song : Taeyeon & Jonghyun (S.M.The Ballad)  'Beathe'


“Jaemi !” someone called Jaemi , she turned around and smiled. “Minyoung~” the two girls greeted each other. “Woah , look at you. You’ve grown up into a beautiful girl in the summer huh ?” Minyoung said jokingly. “Nonsense ! You’re much prettier than me!” Jaemi said back to her. The two entered their class together as they were talking about their summer vacation.

Kim Jaemi was in her last year at School of Performance Arts. She has a best friend name Ahn Minyoung. They were friends since elementary and no one could separate them since then. They were very excited to finally meet again after the long summer vacation. This would be the last time they would come together to school before they graduate. They also will be having a showcase where mostly students are picked as a trainee for a label or big agency. Jaemi was focusing in vocal class meanwhile Minyoung focused on dancing class.

“So , what are you going to do with the showcase ?” Minyoung asked her and Jaemi took of her yellow blazer and sat in her seat. “I think I’m going to sing Pororo’s songs ….” Jaemi said and Minyoung laughed at her comment. “Naw , come on. I know you’re great at singing~ Sing me some love song~” she begged her and Jaemi just laughed.

“Hey gurls~~!!” Dongwoo said in front of the class’ door. “Jang Dongwoo , stop making me deaf in the early morning !” Woohyun said as he entered the class too. Soon , the other boys also entered the class. “Hey guys,” Minyoung and Jaemi said to them all. “So , do you guys know what will you performed on stage ?” Sunggyu asked the two.

“Yeah , Pororo songs.”  everyone laughed at Jaemi’s words. “You won’t do it because it’s going to be a duet.” Woohyun said to her. “Eh ? Really ?” Jaemi shocked because she didn’t know about it yet. “Haven’t you read the notice in our school’s website ? Vocal class , duo. Dance , duo. Acting , a play. Modelling , runaway. And you know the rest …” Myungsoo said too.

“Oh no … I’m bad at duet.” Minyoung face plamed herself , “Me too … I can’t do it , I feel like I’m going to failed already.” Jaemi said. “Hey don’t say that , I know you can do it. You’re a good singer,” Hoya patted her back.

Soon , a smile grew on her face.  Jaemi has been liking Hoya for so long. In their freshman years , she and Minyoung only know their names because they’re quite popular and have been together since kids. In their sophomore year , Jaemi shared a class with Sunggyu and they began to talk. In their junior year , Minyoung know Sungyeol and Hoya too because they shared a class together. And here they are in their senior year , they know each other. Not like best friends , but they just often talk and having a conversation.

Jaemi felt that she was completely lucky because she gets to talk to Hoya , even just a while. Minyoung doesn’t know this , because Jaemi likes to keep it for herself. It’s her secret and nobody should know about it. She began to search everything about him , starting from his birthdate until his favorite colors and foods. Jaemi was completely crazy about him and yet she never tell anyone.

Soon , class started and they gone separated to their own classes. “I’m going to couple you up according to my own decision. No one can change it. Sumi-Hadong , Jiseul-Mino , …..” the vocal teacher said and everyone listened to her carefully. “Lastly , Jaemi-Jonghyun.” The teacher said and Jaemi looked around. Jonghyun was a good singer , which mean she must do everything to be at his standard. “Hey , I hope we could do well together.” Jonghyun said and she nodded.

----

“I don’t know~!!” Jaemi sighed hard and threw the music sheet , she was laying on the school’s backyard. She has been listening to the same song for thousand times and yet she can’t do it. It’s a song about a couple who has broken up and met again while Jaemi has never been in a relationship or something.

“Banana milk ?” a voice heard and she looked up , Hoya was holding a cartoon of banana milk above her head. “A-ah , yeah … Thank you.” she quickly took it from his hand , then he sat beside her. “What are you doing ?” he asked , “I’m listening to this song … I have a duet with Jonghyun and he recommended a song that he made by himself … It’s …. Hard.” Jaemi said and Hoya read the lyrics.

“Woah , this is gonna be a good song. Jonghyun is very good at this I see.” Hoya said and she nodded weekly , Hoya noticed. “Oh , don’t stressed yourself too much. Just calm and relax , feel the lyrics and music. Singing and dancing is like telling a story to the audience , I’m sure if you can feel the song’s story , you could do it great.” he said , calming her down.

Jaemi tried so hard not to giggled , “I know …. That’s why it’s hard ….” she said again and he laughed. “I’m going first , okay. I just ran away from the first term of the class. See you.” he patted her head and left.

Jaemis was speechless , after she made sure that he has left she started to squealing and giggling all by herself.

----

“Hey , Minyoung ! Would you mind to accompany me to the stores today ?” Jaemi asked her best friend after school , Minyoung looked at her. “Uhm … Sorry , but I have an appointment with someone …. I should go.” she apologized to her , Jaemi just nodded. “Okay , it’s okay. I could go alone. Have fun,” she said to Minyoung and the latter nodded.

When she was about to took out her bag from the locker, she could hear Sungjong screaming. “REALLY HYUNG ???!!!!!! SHOW US SHOW US !!!!” she furrowed her brows and then looked at the seven boys who was circling around Hoya. The man himself was confused but then smiling like crazy , “Come on Howon ! We are friends~!” Sungyeol said to the latter too. “You guys are really ….” Hoya couldn’t help but shook his head. “Don’t you believe us ??? Please … Tell us who is she !! Who’s the lucky girl is~~” Dongwoo said too.

Oh no.

Jaemi kept thinking about every possibility that could happen. Maybe Hoya got—“She’s still in the classroom.” Hoya finally said and Jaemi looked at the classroom who was quite empty since it was after school. The rest were already in the hallway , near their lockers. There’s only Woojin , Hajun , Kijoon , and Min—“Oh no,” she take a look again and made sure that Minyoung is the only girl left. She hide herself behind her lockers’ door.

She could see that Hoya was walking to the classroom again , with the other boys following him. Minyoung was taking a notes on something in her book when suddenly Hoya tapped on her shoulder.

She turned around he Hoya smiled , Jaemi couldn’t hear anything but she knows that they both were dating when everyone near them cheered on them and some even congratulate the two.

“So that’s it ….” Jaemi sighed and take a look on what was inside her locker. There was a purple box with a pair of dancing shoes in it. She knows that Hoya wanted it so bad because one of his other friends in the dancing class , Kai , has been talking about it too and said that everyone in the dance class (which including Minyoung) was going crazy about that new dancing shoes.

She sighed hard and tried so hard to look fine. She took a glance at the couple who just shyly smiled at each other in the middle of the crowd. “Thank you,” she smiled while looking at the shoes and put it near Hoya’s locker. She took her bag and went home early , tomorrow is her big day. Though she had done her best to not crying , but in the end she cried. She cried while singing the song that she will be singing for tomorrow. She was hurted.

----

Today is the showcase day and everyone was so nervous , so was Jaemi. She and Jonghyun has been practicing a lot and sometimes even made her drank up ten bottles of mineral water. “Don’t be nervous , relax.” Jonghyun smiled to her while giving her a bottle of mineral water to her in the backstage. “Thanks,” she said to him.

“Hey bestie ! Good luck !” Minyoung showed up with Hoya , they were partners for their performance. Jaemi smiled , it hurts. “You too bestie ! Good luck and congrats , you got your boyfriend to be your partner hahaha …” she tried her best to not sounded jealous.

“Jonghyun , Jaemi. It’s your turn.” a teacher said and the two went up to the stage.

Everyone clapped their hands , even some were doing some standing applause for the both. Jonghyun and Jaemi bowed and went to the backstage. “We nailed it !” they both smiled and high-fived. “You’re great ! I know you can do it~!” Minyoung who was getting ready said to her and she smiled. “You’re stunning,” Hoya said too.

Yeah , thanks to you and the memories.

Soon , after Minyoung and Hoya’s name was called , Jonghyun and Jaemi was approached by someone. “Hi , I’m Kim Euna , SM Entertainment’s scouts. I heard your song well , Jonghyun-ssi , Jaemi-ssi ….”

Jaemi smiled and the three of them had a full conversation.

Sometimes , one sided love can made us feel something that the other one’s never experienced. One sided love wasn’t that bad after all.


I'm very sorry if this is not good .... Please do request again :)