Another Chance (COMPLETE)

Another Chance

After 12 years ...

After the incident 12 years ago, Han Choi Neul changes his name to Charlie. Charlie became one of the most popular and hottest guys in Changwon, also known to whole South Korean nation because he made it to be one of the top students in Korea’s National University and became one of the most popular detectives in Korea from U.S.

However, despite of Charlie’s fame and power, as detective, he was oblige of a lot responsibilities and duties together with his clumsy partner named Kim Dong Ho. Charlie grows up in U.S after he met a girl named Lee Hae Rin. Charlie was bullied during his grade school because of he grows up with someone to lean on and depend on. Though he was rich and multi-talented, his parent does not recognize it, for his family, he still lacks the power of being independent and being logical in management. Charlie felt disappointed in everything, from leaving him to the province up to leaving him alone in his issues. And so, for Hae Rin’s capability got all he wishes for and get mad to that sad reality. He can’t accept the fact that world is so unfair to him since birth, since his mom died. Charlie lives in grief and sadness throughout his life till he goes back in America because of his grandma. He able to survive and recover that led him back to South Korea meeting the new environment, new world of Seoul. Thus, he met an extraordinary guy, Kim Dong Ho, who is clumsy as him way back.

Kim Dong Ho is one of the geniuses that became a detective assigned to be partner of Charlie. He was so happy go lucky yet clumsy wherever he is. He may fall anywhere such as in the crime scene which is opposite to Charlie who was a playboy, thus, the head of the investigative team, Team Leader Cha Dong Gun, decided to recruit another one detective for Charlie’s team.

Team Leader Cha recruited Lee Se Ra from Seoul, she is one of the best detectives in Seoul who was assigned to Changwon’s investigative police station; Se Ra is a lady-like but she’s truly a boyish type. When Team Leader Cha introduces Se Ra to Charlie and Dong Ho, Charlie was shocked because he can’t accept that the additional member is woman. Charlie has the gender inequality thinking, he thought that women are just for house work or those duties that are lighter and smoother than for men.

Se Ra and Charlie became enemies, they don’t talk to each other not knowing the past they have 12 years ago while Dong Ho already developed feelings for Se Ra since they became more physically and emotionally close. Se Ra and Dong Ho much understand each other’s side and thoughts. Hence, Charlie felt out of the box and get jealous though, he wasn’t aware and in denial stage, Charlie slowly falls to Se Ra’s trap; to let Charlie fall for Se Ra and be close enough to break his heart. Charlie without knowing, Se Ra finally discovered his secret and due to negligence, Se Ra became the team leader and resolved more cases which make Charlie flatter and start entrusting the position and the whole team. However, the feelings and friendship grows stronger when Se Ra’s team were assigned to Mafia’s case which is around Charlie and Se Ra’s Busan province. The three were trapped which caused heavy pain to Dong Ho, Se Ra protected Dong Ho which triggers to Charlie’s jealousy and  to decide for the team. Charlie’s team decided to go back to bring Dong Ho to the hospital while Se Ra and Charlie fought the Mafias case which gave them break to be much closer. Charlie’s feelings grow stronger while Se Ra fights for it and attracts Charlie for her revenge. Se Ra respects Charlie but she decided not to let her heart interfere on Charlie’s life, she already moved on and does not want to remember the pain since for her, Dong Ho is already enough.

After the Mafias case, Se Ra gives back the position to Charlie and ignore Charlie. Se Ra decided to take a break and take care of Dong Ho since he already quitted in his duty. Se Ra and Dong Ho became lovers though Charlie tried to interfere, Se Ra decided to speak the truth; the past 12 years and the plan, Charlie was confused and was broken and so, he decided to go back in U.S to move on, however, Se Ra receives another duty which trapped her and was kidnapped by the drug lords which triggers Dong Ho to rejoin and get back his position, while Charlie just receive the email, which triggers him to also go back in service. Unfortunately, Dong Ho died of saving Se Ra. Then, Se Ra decided to sign the resignation and left the office without saying any word to Charlie except when Dong Ho was in the emergency room and mourns,

“I’m sorry, I know you can’t believe it but I like Dong Ho because I saw the old you Charlie... I know it was wrong but I like you Charlie way back 12 years. I tried to move on yet, I still can’t. I guess you really are my first love...yet, I still have to say goodbye”

After 2 Years ...

Charlie goes back to the province and went to his grade school, he saw a young lady at his age wearing long skirt and eye glasses. She looks weird and yet bravely fought with the driver who argued to the old woman beside her. Charlie smirks and when he saw that the driver held the lady’s arms, Charlie frowned and towards them then, grabs the lady’s hand.

“Don’t you dare to touch my lady, jerk.”

Then, the woman looks at Charlie and grabs her arms back and run. Charlie follows her and called out her name “Lee Hae Rin!” the woman looks back and frowns.

“Don’t you think it much suits for you rather than Lee Se Ra? Coz I prefer calling you Hae Rin, who’s tough, brave yet weird”

Se Ra rolls her eyes and replied “No, I’m not Hae Rin anymore. I’ll never be that kind of girl anymore and, I you can’t question that! You don’t have any right to ask me” Ron smiled sweetly and flinch Se Ra’s hair “Well then, I’ll call you Lee Hae Rin coz I think, you misses the real you” Se Ra turned away and say “No, Hae Rin died 14 years already”

“But..., I missed her so much. She’s the reason why I became strong, the reason why I decided to stand up on my own and the only girl I cannot forget about. I lied to you Hae Rin, yes you’re weird but your braveness fluttered me to decide better things for myself. And yes, I don’t like you to be my friend, coz I want more than that... my Hae Rin”