1,095

THE EARTHS FLAME

jjong's POV :

 

1,095 days, 6hours, 30 minutes, and 15seconds since that day.

I turned my alarm off before it started. I woke up half an our earlier then I was supposed to as usual. another day of work at the cafe. working at a cafe was not an ultimate image for my future but after the incident 3 years ago a lot has changed.

I trudged to the bathroom my white hair sticking up in different directions. I stared at my reflection, I was thinner now and my jaw was sharper I looked a lot older then I did 3 years ago.

you don't realise how much has changed until it suddenly hits you in the face.

after showering and dressing I walked around the silent apartment. it was just as lonely as it sounds. this place never felt like home. no warmth or laughter, it was a place I slept and showered. I moved towards the kitchen. pots and pans clattered and clanked as I worked to produce something edible.

its been 3 years since I was placed here. I fiddled subconsciously with the chain around my neck, twiddling the ring connected to it. 3years since I lost him. I had night terrors almost every night about that day, but sometimes ...

sometimes he sings to me and I'm ok. those dreams are rare but I cherish them.

I had some how created an omelette and quickly ate it before grabbing my jacket and heading out the door. I always hated eating alone and that apartment, its icy Aura does nothing to help me.

 

as I walk through the streets I find myself occasionally drifting to thoughts about the others. we were forbidden to talk to each other after the incident and I honestly miss them all. separated for protection and banned from using our mutant powers we just

Exist  like an unforgettable memory

"hi jjong!" I heard a cheery breathless voice. I turned to see a familiar figure bent over his auburn hair fluffed up from obviously jogging to catch up to me.

" hi chen." I said softly offering him a smile. Chen and I worked together at the cafe. he was a really great guy, pretty attractive too.

"why are you always here so early." he asked finally answering and giving me a blinding smile.

" I guess I'm just a morning person." he nodded and began to join me on my walk. we talked about nothing and laughed about nothing too.

"hey jjong, would you like to go on a date with me?" he asked suddenly catching me off guard. after the incident I never even thought of any relationship. who could take jinki's place.

don't forget me

I won't forget you

"you know what sure why not" I said giving him a smile

I'm tired of being alone.

 

the day at the cafe is everyday but today's different. besides the regular screeching from heechul, nickhuns over the top flirting, and Kai's bluntness.

I Kim jonghyun will be going on a date.

I was terribly nervous. kinda excited and deep inside I felt I was betraying Jinki. I can't wallow in my love for him for ever can I?

Chen was off today which was excellent for me because I'd surely destroy everything in the restaurant if I had him nearby. Ugh i feel like a teenage girl. The to my unfortunate suprise seemed to move quickly, a little too quickly.

Itwas my turn to close up the shop so I called Chen and I told him I'd be a little late and he reassured it was fine and just meet him at the movies. I swept and mopped. I put up the chairs and I wiped off the tables. it seems like a lot of work but it really calms my nerves. I took the mops and broom into the back. I took a deep breath and mentally pep talked myself. "you can do this jjong." I said before heading to the front door. I came from out the back along the way I grabbed my coat and the keys. when I entered the front of the store it hit me like a ton of bricks . I dropped the keys and my knees buckled. I held the counter for support and tears filled my eyes. I couldn't do it, I couldn't let go and move on. I couldn't forget jinki. I tried, i persuaded myself that i could do this that i could start again for the past 3 years i worked so hard to let him go but in the end i cant. Jinki wasnt just my friend and the one i loved he was my heart. I was empty without him and id never be whole again no mattter how much i tried no matter who i fell for I'd always remember

Lee jinki

The One with the beautiful smile that would stop my heart

The one with the beautiful voice that made me feel safe

The one with most beautiful heart in the world.

The one I'd always love. 

my phone began to ring. I pulled myself together and wiped my face. I answered clearing my voice before saying.

"hello."

"I know this is forbidden, but we are all in danger all of us!" said a familiar voice through the phone. I couldn't believe it.

"key wha- how-"

"I know where they are, I know where taemin, minho and jinki are!" he said In a frantic and rushed tone.

"where are you?" I said into the phone.

"I'll find you-" i never heard the rest because the next moment the phone went flying out my hand as I was tackled to the ground and bullets came flying through the cafe window. some one began to pull, half drag me out the back door. once outside I noticed who it was his white blonde hair was unmistakable.

"kai what are you doing here?" I said with disbelief

"you are all in danger, I was sent to watch you." he said breathlessly

" why, I thought we were safe?!?!" I stopped suddenly

"you are His new number one target." kai said trying to get me to hurry and move already

"who is He?!"

I said not moving without explanation. kai looked at me frantically

"he's-"

"hi again jjong." said a voice, a voice that even if I had only heard once in a life time I'd still always recognize it. I heard a click of a gun and watch as it was pointed at me and kai. he was more beautiful then I remembered and he looked a lot tougher, a lot more ferocious then the boy I once knew. my voice shook and my body no longer functioned properly "

Jinki" I said putting so much emotion, so much pent up things in one word. I looked him deep in his eyes and felt like I was taking an ice cold shower. The ice cold look he gave me made me feel so small. Those eyes looked empty.

" its onew now."

BANG

 

 

authors note: 

I have returned, I'm a little rusty since I just got off of writers block but I hope to do great things in this story. If you hadn't noticed by now you should know I love cliff hangers so beware kekekeke. I will try to update regularly but knowing me and my laziness T.T

So I hope you like the first chapter I'll shall create another soon

Later :3