Final

Love is neon coloured

"When a person is in love with someone, that one person stands out brighter than anyone else. So no matter how many people are around, that one person will be the only one to stand out in your eyes." 

-G Dragon, 2012



Jiyong can't remember when exactly it started but he has always been extra perceptive if Seunghyun is nearby. Perhaps it's the deep rich timbre of his voice or the mischievous twinkle in his eyes that make him stand out, but Jiyong finds himself naturally gravitating towards his hyung. During interviews, concerts, even when it's just the guys recording in the booth. He can't help it if he clicks better with his hyung. Who else would Seunghyun look for when he needs a cigarette break? Honestly, he's being such a good dongsaeng doing his hyung a favour. And Seunghyun is such a good looking man. It's only natural to look,right? Jiyong can't help it if his eyes are naturally drawn to beauty. It's the artist's condition. It is also of course absolutely natural to want in on his stupid jokes, to try and catch his attention, to want to stay pressed up to his sides all the time. Right? After all his hyung is very tall, and very charming, and also very handsomeJiyong honestly can't help it. Even when he's surrounded by thousands of people. Maybe especially when he's surrounded by thousands of people. Seunghyun just... stands out.


No not this one, no that's not gay enough. No, Yongbae hyung's in this shot. Seungri sighs again and wonders why he's so invested in keeping his hyungs in the closet when they're just gonna start screaming and banging on the panelling at the next available chance. Don't they know how obvious they become when they start acting like lovesick preteens?! The fire alarm could go off right over their heads and they'd still be giggling at each other. Seriously, where is all the credit due to Seungri! Their wonderful and caring maknae who's ruining his chances with women simply by always having to promote Nyongtory. Not that he doesn't like the attention Jiyong hyung lavishes on him. But it's certainly different when the attention is directed at Seunghyun hyung. Jiyong hyung literally blossoms in Seunghyun hyung's presence. Seungri often feels like he (and the surrounding scenery) automatically become ten shades darker whenever Jiyong hyung gets that fond look in his eyes. He would be retching into his mouth if he wasn't so busy trying to deflect the attention away from them. Finally, he decides on a sufficiently intimate photo (that also happens to capture his best angle) and quickly uploads it to Twitter with the caption "Nyongtory! S2! Jiyong hyung saranghae!!" before he changes his mind again. The things he does for his hyungs!


Soonho awkwardly twists his fingers while waiting for the coordi noona to be done with addressing the costuming department. "Ah, noona... So sorry to bother you again but uhh the management was wondering if you could give Jiyong more sunglasses for when he goes on stage or for interviews?" He doesn't tell her that it was actually his own idea, nor does he tell her the reason though he's sure she guesses it. How would he explain it anyway?Jiyong keeps making puppy eyes at Seunghyun and it's getting a bit out of hand so we need to cover him up. "Ah... Eyebags is it? His eyes... are too... revealing?" Definitely too revealing. The way Jiyong looks at him you'd think that the sun was going to start shining out of his nostrils or something. Or that Seunghyun was a precious historical work of art. Groaning internally, Soonho remembers Jiyong's comparison of Seunghyun's half body to the Statue of David. These kids...


Scrolling through Instagram, Seunghyun notices a phrase from one of Jiyong's old interviews. Love is neon coloured. He never really understood what Jiyong meant by that. But then again, Jiyong was a much more exuberant person. Much more careless with his heart and his feelings, and much less afraid of showing them. Seunghyun isn't sure if he would dare to attach such a vibrant colour to love. What if it attracts the attention of others? What if they disapprove of the colour? Or even worse, want it for themselves? Seunghyun frowns, mindlessly scrolling past post after post. When he finally looks down at his phone, he pauses. It's a silly photo of both him and Jiyong in Singapore last year for the YG Family Concert. Jiyong looks nice here. So bright and happy. He double taps on the screen and feels extra pleased when the heart icon appears.