Chapter 1

Collin

"Oppa!" Im Me Ah Ri sqealed as soon as she saw Choi Yoon entering the cafe. 


"What does she see in that old man?" Collin thought to himself. After all, 'that old man' was  41 and Me Ah Ri only 24.


"Hey, what about my juice?" Collin tapped on the counter to get Me Ah Ri's attention.


"Wait a minute." Me Ah Ri said distractedly and ran to the table where Choi Yoon and Kim Do Jin had just seated themselves.


"One of them is my father." Collin thought. He hoped it wasn't Choi Yoon. Yoon was a succesful lawyer and pretty handsome too. But he wouldn't want the girl he liked to be infatuated with his father. Ew!


"Here you go." The waiter pulled Collin from his thoughts, handing him the mango juice. 


"Thank you." Collin paid and made his way to Me Ah Ri. She was talking excitedly with the two men. It was obvious Choi Yoon had a thing for her even if he was trying so hard to hide it. Collin scoffed.


He took a seat at a table beside their's and waited for Me Ah Ri to finish. It wasn't time to meet them yet. Yoon caught Collin's eye and tried to stare him down. Collin stared back. Oh he really wished Yoon wouldn't turn out to be his father!


Collin's eyes turned to Me Ah Ri and his heart fluttered a little. She was really pretty. Even in her khaki work uniform and her short hair in a ponytail, she looked beautiful. She had a sparkle in her eye as she looked at Yoon, trying to convince him to go out with her. Collin shook his head. He was going to get Yoon out of this girl's head.


It might not be that difficult since Yoon was trying to get her to stop liking him as well. 


"Me Ah Ri, get back to work." he said in a stern voice.


Me Ah Ri turned back, disappointed, and made her way to the counter. Collin sprang up and ran after her.


"Hey, are you free after work? I was thinking we could get lunch." 


That put a smile on her face. "Yeah, sure! Pick me up at 3." She said in a sing-song voice.


Collin nodded and made his way out, sparing a glance at Choi Yoon and Kim Do Jin.


Collin had met Me Ah Ri by chance when she had sat beside him on the plane. Both of them were on their way back to Korea from the US. He, to find his biological father. And she, as she had told him once when she was drunk, because she missed Yoon. He had no idea who she was when he met her on the plane. He was surprised when she all but asked him if she could watch the drama with him. He was watching Secret Garden on his laptop and he had no choice but to hand her one of the headphones. How could a girl be so straightforward? He hadn't liked her much then.


Then he saved her once when she was locked inside the bathroom of a club. He was shocked to see her there. Shocked and irritated. But he was alone in this foreign country and she was the only person knew. Sort of. Moreover, she had lost her phone and her partner was nowhere to be seen. So Collin decided to accompany her. They drank and danced. She was a pretty good dancer. And talker. Boy did she talk! She must have told him her whole life story that night. That's also the night he came to know that she was the sister of one of his potential biological fathers. He couldn't believe hs luck! He could use this girl to get closer to those guys.


He started taking her out to lunches and dinners. Asked questions about her brother and his three best friends. She got suspicious sometimes but Collin always deflected the suspicions. She wasn't that smart. But Collin had fallen for her. He knew this was not the time for girls. He was here on a mission. But it was hard not to fall for the bubbly, sweet Im Me Ah Ri.