Seungho and Mir

Being Maknae

Mir...

He was the Maknae of the group. He was the mischievous one, the one who always played jokes or pranks of some kind on his Hyungs. That was his job. He lightened up the atmosphere when it was dark; he made people smile or laugh.

He did it because he loved their reactions. Of course, there were two definitions of the word 'react' in this case. There wasthe 'scolding reaction', which Seungho practically owned. He always growled at Mir, scolded him, lectured him.

Then there was the 'laughing reaction'. It was the one that made Mir feel a bit better than the scolding. His audience would laugh at whatever he did, and he was content with that - the fans loved his antics.

As long as his pranks were harmless, didn't injure those nearby, hurt their feelings, or make them feel bad, it was fine with Seungho. However ... if his mischief didn't meet the expectations, well, he was in trouble.

And sometimes, Mir messed up.

**********

It had been a bad day beginning from morning. Mir had woken up earlier than he usually did, which was odd. He got dressed, wanting to go out to smell some fresh air when the door opened.

Mir jumped, thinking that he was caught and dead. There was a small, tiny little rule that Mir had chosen to 'forget' at the moment. Before going out, they had to tell at least one member where they were going.

Surprised, Mir looked up, clean and dressed in suitable clothing. The door opened and Seungho popped his head in. He looked puzzled. "Mir?" Seungho frowned. "What are you doing up so early?"

Mir shrugged as casually as he could. "Oh, hey Hyung. I just wanted to go out."

Darn. Why had he said that? And to Seungho!

Looks like I'm not going anywhere, he thought miserably to himself when he saw Seungho's face.

Seungho frowned even more and entered the room. "Going out?" he echoed. "Who did you tell?"

Mir shrugged.

Seungho narrowed his eyes. "Well?"

"No one." Mir stared back.

Seungho's jaw clenched - not a good sign. "And by who's authority did you choose to go out? I know for a fact that you have no schedule today."

"My own authority," Mir answered defiantly before he could stop himself. It made both him and Seungho freeze. Mir heard his own heartbeat, loud in his ears. He was nervous. What had made him say that? Honestly, he needed to start thinking before blurting things out.

Seungho turned around dismissively. "No," he said shortly. "You do not have my permission to go out."

"Then get out of my room," Mir growled, losing his temper. Again.

Seungho stopped. Mir stopped.

Oh no! What have you just said, you idiot? Now he's going to kill you!

Seungho turned around, facing Mir. His face was grim. He leaned forward and murmured dangerously into Mir's ear, "You're pushing it at the moment, Maknae. Behave."

Then he walked out and closed the door, leaving Mir standing in the middle of the room, speechless.

**********

Mir was in an extremely bad mood. Honestly! Seungho Hyung was so mean sometimes. "He doesn't even understand my feelings," Mir grumbled. He's just a silly old-" Here he inserted a not-so-nice word.

Thunder, who was beside him, frowned. "I hope you're not talking about Seungho Hyung," he commented, "or else you'll be in trouble."

Mir glared. He snatched the box of cereal from Thunder's grasp, hissing, "Whatever. Who cares about Seungho Hyung?"

Thunder was silent.

Breakfast was soon joined by Joon, Seungho and G.O. G.O playfully ruffled Mir's hair in greeting and then smoothed it back in place. Mir clenched his jaw - no point in saying something rude and getting into even further trouble.

The others were silent, as if they could feel the tension between Mir and Seungho. Seungho, who seemed to be reaching the limit of his patience at the moment, stood up, chair scraping, and leaned close to Mir. Mir could feel Seungho's warm breath as he spoke softly in his ear.

"Yah, I want to see you upstairs in my room after you finish." Seungho straightened up and narrowed his eyes. "Don't try to stall. Ten minutes." And he went upstairs.

Mir pouted and stirred his bowl of cereal. G.O sighed. "You shouldn't pick fights with Seungho Hyung," he said to Mir, seriously. "It'll only make things worse."

"And don't talk back to him either," Thunder added, gazing at Mir in a way that slightly soothed Mir. "He's just frustrated at the moment."

"And he's taking out his frustration on me?" Mir huffed.

Joon snorted. "How can you be so blind?" he grumbled, rolling his eyes. "He's frustrated at you, Mir! You!"

"Why?" Mir frowned.

"Because you've been acting like a little baby, whining and whining and it's been reaching his limit," Joon shot back. He slapped Mir upside the head. "So go and listen to him. And remember, don't talk back."

Mir slapped Joon's hand away, grumbling, "I can handle this myself." And he stormed upstairs, ignoring Joon's grumbles.

Overall, the lecture hadn't been as bad as Mir thought it would be. Seungho had just warned him to behave for the rest of the day or else he would get a tanning. The Hyungs were going out except for Thunder, so he would be in the house with just Thunder.

And currently, Seungho was listing the rules for him.

"No going outside," Seungho was saying with a threatening glare. "If I find out that you've gone outside, then you'll regret it."

"Yes, Hyung," Mir said. "I'll obey all the rules you've set for me." He frowned. "When are you returning?"

"Around ten at night," Seungho responded. "If you need anything, ask Thunder. No TV after eight, all right?"

Mir grumbled, but shrugged. When Seungho glared, he reluctantly muttered, "Okay."

Seungho gave a satisfied nod. Just when everyone thought it was over, he said, "Cheondoong-ah, I want to talk to you. Alone."

Everyone cleared away, wondering when it would be over. Thunder looked over at Seungho, looking puzzled. "Yes, Seungho Hyung?"

Seungho sighed and placed his hands on Thunder's shoulders. "Thunder," Seungho said quietly, looking the younger man straight in the eye. Thunder shifted, slightly uncomfortable.

"Yes, Hyung?"

"I'm trusting you on this one," Seungho told him seriously. Thunder swallowed. "You know how Mir is. He's still young and reckless. I know you're still the second youngest, but you're still older than Mir and I hope that you can hopefully watch over him well."

"So it's like a test?" Thunder asked, raising an eyebrow.

Seungho smiled, clapping Thunder's shoulder as he laughed softly. "More like ... an assessment. On the both of you." He paused and added, "And don't go outside either."

"All right."

**********

"Yah, Mir-ah," Thunder said, plopping down on the couch next to Mir. "What are you doing?"

"Watching TV," Mir muttered, staring at the screen. Why was Thunder watching him so carefully? If Seungho Hyung said anything to him to make him so ... Seungho-like, then I'm gonna yell. No matter how immature it sounds.

Mir was jolted out of his thoughts when Thunder squeezed his shoulder. "It's seven thirty," he said. "Turn the TV off by thirty minutes, all right?"

Mir glared at him. "That's too early," he growled.

Thunder glanced at him. "It's Seungho Hyung's rule," he said. "If you don't like it, then take it up with him. I can get the phone if you want." He raised an eyebrow.

Mir shook his head reluctantly.

Thunder turned back around. "I thought so." Just as he was about to go up the stairs, he paused and said, "Mir, if the TV's not off by eight, then I'm coming down to swat you myself, all right?"

"Fine, fine!" Mir snapped. He heard a soft growl from Thunder and tensed. Thunder had never been this strict - he always left the job of scolding the maknae to the others.

"I don't like your attitude at the moment," Thunder warned softly. "Fix it."

And he went upstairs.

Mir was silent for a few moments before he let out a curse. It felt good, and thankfully Thunder didn't seem to hear from his room. Mir sighed as he checked the clock. It was 7:45. Dang.

He waited for as long as he dared before reluctantly turning off the TV. Thunder was just coming down the stairs, perhaps to warn him, and nodded in approval when he saw Mir switch the television off.

"Good boy," Thunder teased, ruffling Mir's hair.

Mir scowled and smoothed it back into place. "I'm going outside," he grumbled as he snatched up his coat.

Thunder frowned. "But Seungho Hyung-"

"I don't care what Seungho Hyung thinks or says," Mir muttered. "I'm going out and you can't stop me." He stepped outside and shut the door. He began to run - he wanted to get as far as possible from the house. He heard footsteps behind him, and guessed that it was Thunder.

Mir began to slow down, becoming tired. "Oof!" Mir yelped as he landed on the ground with Thunder on top of him. Thunder growled and pulled Mir up, then gave him a strong swat.

"Ah!" Mir yelped again, jumping. "Ow! OW! Hyung! We're in public!"

"And be thankful it's dark outside," Thunder snarled back. His eyes burned. "Seungho Hyung and I both told you not to go outside, and you did so." He swatted again, which Mir tried to avoid in vain.

"AH!"

"Your backside is toast when Seungho Hyung finds out-"

"But it won't be toast if he doesn't find out," Mir pointed out. "You wouldn't tell, would you, Hyung?"

Before Thunder could reply, his cellphone rang. Thunder pulled it out, and when he saw the name of the caller, his face turned pale in disbelief.

It was Seungho.

Mir gulped as he peered at the screen. "We're dead," he gasped.

"You're dead," Thunder muttered. "What do I do? Do I pick up?"

"Yes! Do it before it-"

Beep.

Too late. Thunder and Mir both paled even more. "Oh no!" Thunder breathed. "Now he's going to suspect something."

Mir stared mournfully at the screen. "We're toast."

"Now what?" Thunder muttered. Then his phone rang again and this time he picked up right away.

"Cheondoong-ah. Why. Didn't. You. Pick. Up. Your. Phone.?" Seungho said dangerously.

"Er... I didn't hear it. Sorry."

seungho was silent, then said, "What's Mir doing?"

"Just sitting on his bed," Thunder answered as convincingly as he could.

"Really? I'm just checking in to see how you're doing. Everything okay?"

"Yes, Hyung. You don't need to worry. We're fine."

"Okay. Tell me if you need anything."

"All right."

The moment the call ended, Thunder grabbed Mir's hand and began to run, dragging the maknae with him. "Come on!" he gasped. "We have to get back the the house!"

The scene made them both pale.

Seungho crossed his arms and said, "Well, a bit late, hmm?"

"Oh no," Mir and Thunder both breathed.

**********

"Ack! No! Hyung! Hyung, hyung, hyung! Please!" Mir begged as Seungho dragged him to his room. "No, Hyung, please!"

"Stop it, Mir!" Seungho growled as Mir struggled to escape. "Stop it! You know you deserve it!"

Seungho whirled Mir around to face him, face grim. Mir whimpered. "Hyung ... I don't want to get sp-sp ..."

"You know you deserve it," Seungho repeated, though his face showed a bit of sympathy. "Come on, Mir. Do I have to call Ji-Hoon Hyung over here?"

"No!" Mir shrieked at that statement in horror. "No, please! Don't!"

"Then come on," Seungho said sternly as he sat on the bed. "You deliberately disobeyed me, so now you have to answer for your actions." He softened when he saw a tear trickle down Mir's cheek. Mir whimpered.

"Pl ... please, Hyung ..."

"Now, Bang Cheolyong!" Seungho growled.

Mir let out a sob, knowing that when Seungho used his full name, he was doomed. Not wanting to get in even more trouble than he was already in, he slowly dragged his feet toward Seungho.

Seungho grabbed Mir's wrist and tugged him over his lap. He pulled down his pants and then reached for Mir's underwear and frowned when the youngest member of MBLAQ let out a small cry of protest and grabbed at his quickly descending clothing.

"No, Cheolyong-ah!" Seungho scolded, firmly smacking Mir's hand away, ignoring the small shriek Mir let out. "They're coming down, and you know it! And stop making such a fuss; I've spanked you before."

"And it huuurrrt!" Mir protested.

"It's supposed to," Seungho responded, tugging the rest of Mir's underwear down. "You ready?"

"No!"

"Well, too bad."

Seungho landed the first smack, and grimaced when Mir shrieked, flailing around. He bent down and said sternly, "Cheolyong-ah, I told you, stop making such a fuss. You're going to wear yourself out, and the spanking will be even worse. So stop. Now."

When there was no answer from Mir, Seungho gave a small nod to himself and continued to swat. There was no reaction from Mir besides the small jerking of legs as each swat landed, or small grunts that the maknae obviously tried to hold in.

"Mir-ah," Seungho said, glancing at Mir's face. "Do you know what you did wrong?"

"...y-yes ... H-Hyung pl-"

"Tell me," Seungho prompted. He frowned when his answer was silence. "Mir-ah, tell me."

"I-I ... tr-trying," Mir gasped out, swiping his arms across his face. He coughed and let out another sob.

Seungho winced at the scratchy tone of the cough and reluctantly sat Mir up. "Shhh," he hushed, patting Mir's back. "Shhhh. Breathe."

Mir gasped and buried his face in Seungho's shoulder. Seungho couldn't help but smile a bit. These times of affection with Mir were rare these days. "Cheolyong-ah," Seungho soothed quietly. "Tell me. Catch your breath; take your time."

Mir gulped and managed to softly cry out, "I ... I disobeyed y-you."

"Yes, and one more thing," Seungho scolded gently. "There's one more thing that's even more important than disobeying. Do you know what that is?"

When there was no answer from Mir, Seungho flipped Mir over his lap again, backside upturned. He landed a quick smack to silence the Maknae's shriek of protest. "Well?"

"H-Hyung ..." Mir gasped out. "I-I ... I don't know."

Seungho pursed his lips. "Well, let me tell you," he said as he landed quick and crisp swats, ignoring Mir's yelps and cries. "Not only did you disobey me and go out of the house, you also put yourself in danger. Do you understand now? Huh? What if there were people outside who wanted to hurt you?"

Seungho landed another crisp swat to emphasize his words. Mir was sobbing again, going limp over his lap and Seungho knew that without any doubt the Maknae was most likely feeling very sorry at the moment. It was almost time to stop.

"Huh? Mir, what do you think would have happened?" Seungho continued scolding harshly, knowing that Mir had to hear these words to feel truly sorry. "How do you think your Hyungs would have felt if you were in danger or hurt? Well? What do you think?"

"S-Sad," Mir spluttered out, barely audible through the sobs.

"More than sad," Seungho corrected. He stopped the swatting and bent down, saying quietly, "Are you going to do something like this again?"

"N-Noooo," Mir whimpered softly. "S-Sorryyy. I pr-promise."

"All right," Seungho said, straightening and slipping his hand under Mir's back, gently rubbing and patting soothingly. "We're done. It's all over."

Mir let out a soft sob of relief before going limp. "Shhhhh," Seungho soothed. "We're really done, I promise. Come on, Mir, come on. Stand up."

He helped Mir slowly get to his feet, and gently fixed his clothing, but when he reached for Mir's jeans, Mir let out a soft cry of protest, whimpering, "It hurts too much."

"All right, we'll leave them down," Seungho said with a kind smile. He gently patted Mir's sore behind, making him hiss. "Go and rest, all right? You're probably all tired out."

"Mmm, I guess." Mir hesitated before giving Seungho a quick hug and hurrying out, grimacing a bit.

Seungho sighed. At least this part was done. Now, he had one more person to give his attention to ...

"Cheondoong-ah!" Seungho shouted down the house.

"Ne, Hyung?" Thunder's reply floated back up.

"Come here! I need to talk to you!"

"Coming, Hyung!"

Seungho waited, tapping his fingers on his legs as he waited.

"Hyung?"

Seungho glanced up when the door opened. "Come in."

Thunder quietly stepped inside, puzzlement clearly in his eyes. "Hyung, what do you need?" he asked curiously.

"We," Seungho said, standing up and bringing Thunder firmly over to the bed, "need to discuss something important." And he tugged Thunder over his lap.

"Wha-HYUNG!" Thunder sputtered, limbs flailing.

Seungho easily pinned him down and tugged down his jeans and underwear. "We are going to have a discussion," Seungho said, ignoring Thunder's sputters of dismay. "About a certain issue of being a responsible and good Hyung."

**********

"Seungho Hyung has a hard hand," Mir grumbled as he lay on his stomach on the couch. Thunder, who was just as equally sore, groaned as he lay down on the floor.

"Hey, at least he only used his hand on you," Thunder retorted. "I got the ruler, all right?"

Mir grimaced. "Ouch," he commented.

"Yeah. It was an 'ouch'." Thunder rubbed his sore backside.

"Well, at least you guys won't get into trouble anymore," G.O pointed out. "Didn't you learn your lesson?"

"Definitely," Thunder said immediately. Mir nodded in answer.

Joon snorted. "I knew something like this would happen," he said. "It would always end with Mir's backside getting thrashed."

Mir glared. "Well, I'm not going to get into trouble anymore!" he huffed.

Just then, Seungho's shout came from upstairs. "YAH, CHEOLYONG-AH! WHY ISN'T YOUR ROOM CLEANED LIKE I ASKED YOU TO? GET OVER HERE NOW! YOUR ROOM BETTER BE CLEAN BY TEN MINUTES!"

"Aish!" Mir huffed, crossing his arms as he stomped toward the stairs.

"Hyung, he cussed!" Joon called with a smirk.

"Yah, Bang Cheolyong! Get up here now!"

"Awww man." Mir shot Joon a glare before going upstairs.

Thunder winced in sympathy as G.O shook his head and muttered, "He never learns."

**********

Thanks for reading! I'm planning to do one with SuJu's Kyuhyun next but I'm not sure who the discipliner should be ... Any suggestions are welcome! Please comment!