final.

of whispered confessions

Jongin loves Kyungsoo. Jongin loves Kyungsoo. Jongin loves Kyungsoo. Jongin loves –

 

Jongin has to remind himself that he really does love and cherish his husband, even though he has to repeat it again and again for constant assurance. Any other day, Jongin would have believed that he did love Kyungsoo, he really, really did, but right now isn’t any other day. Right now, Jongin is seriously doubting his previous life choices.

 

His previous life choices, such as maybe moving in with Kyungsoo. Maybe asking Kyungsoo to marry him. Maybe deciding to adopt two kids with him. You know, the small, mundane things. Because now, all he can see is a wide, -eating grin stretched over his husband’s face, right above his own, with the former’s hands splayed out on either side of Jongin’s head. “Get off,” Jongin weakly tries, “my back hurts.”

 

“Your back? We’re on the bed, Jongin. And besides, even if we weren’t, you know your back only hurts because you keep trying to dance with Sehun. You’re not a teenager anymore, Jongin. You do know that. Right?” Kyungsoo’s grin only becomes wider, causing his eyes to crinkle up into those weird crescents, and Jongin has to take a couple of breaths to calm his poor heart down. Five years down the road of marriage and Kyungsoo still makes his heart pump irregularly. Still makes his palms sweaty.

 

“Speaking of that, you do know you’re not a teenager anymore as well. Right? You gained weight,” Jongin comments, poking Kyungsoo in the stomach from where the latter is sitting on him.

 

“Well, what happened to your hot body? When you proposed, you promised to regularly go to the gym, even after we got married. Your stomach is even pudgier than I can remember,” Kyungsoo sneers, cute button nose scrunching up as he reaches down to pat Jongin’s stomach. Kyungsoo wiggles a bit from his perch on top of Jongin’s thighs, crossing his arms, and waits for his husband’s answer.

 

“I still have a hot body, thank you very much,” Jongin retorts, mentally reminding himself to go to the gym this week. Just to make sure. He whines, wiggling his body from under Kyungsoo. “What do you want?”

 

“An apology.” Kyungsoo says simply.

 

Jongin glares at his husband, then turns his head away to face another direction, other than towards the pouting Kyungsoo. He doesn’t say anything.

 

“Fine, then. No apology? I guess we’ll be here for a while.” Kyungsoo sighs, shrugging his narrow shoulders that Jongin always teases him about, and whips out his phone from his jean pocket. Jongin can hear the bubbly, cheerful sound effects as Kyungsoo begins a Candy Crush game.

 

“But Soo!” Jongin whines, “I didn’t mean what I said. Well, not really. Almost. I almost meant it. But I didn’t. I—take it back! I take some of it back. Maybe. You’re not the wife in this relationship, okay! At least not entirely. I mean, you do bottom. But—you are not the wife. Not really. We have an equal, stereotype-free relationship. Most of the time. Well--”

 

“You almost maybe didn’t mean what you said to me?” Kyungsoo blows a raspberry as he runs out of time in tha game, then diverts his attention back to his sheepish husband. “Nice apology.”

 

“What—“

 

What do you want me to say, then, Soo? I didn’t mean it, well maybe I meant it a little but I really actually didn’t!” Kyungsoo interrupts Jongin, putting on a high-pitched voice, pursing his lips together and gazing at the latter with a simpering look. Jongin sends one of his best evil eyes over to him.

 

“I do not sound like that.”

 

I do not sound like that.” Kyungsoo repeats, maintaining the same, annoying voice, clasping his hands together and bringing them up to the side of his face, swaying a little as he says it.

 

“Stop it.” Jongin frowns, feeling his masculinity dissipate every second he hears Kyungsoo’s impersonation of an actual very masculine, strong, handsome Kim Jongin. He would go to the gym twice this week to prove to Kyungsoo he is, in fact, a man who is Masculine and Tough. Not a man who has a sissy, high, simpering voice. No.

 

Oh, stop it, you. You’re hurting my manliness. My ego, it’s—it’s getting smaller. Oh no!” Kyungsoo continues, trying not to laugh at Jongin’s reddening face. Kyungsoo, please stop! I don't know what to do when you’re so easily making me embarrassed! Please! Stop, or else I’ll—“ Kyungsoo lets out a shriek when Jongin suddenly grabs his arms and reverses their positions. He smirks at Kyungsoo from his new spot, hovering above the latter, faces two inches away from each other.

 

“Or else I’ll do this,” Jongin leans in to whisper against his lips before capturing Kyungsoo’s plump ones with his own. Kyungsoo immediately melts into the kiss, submitting himself to whatever Jongin has in mind for him. Their lips move against one another, molding together like two perfect puzzle pieces. Jongin lets his tongue slip past Kyungsoo’s lips, and their two tongues battle with each other for a while before Jongin bites Kyungsoo’s bottom lip. The latter gasps, breathless, and moans when Jongin breaks the kiss and instead travels down his neck, pressing soft kisses to the long, pale expanse of unmarked skin.

 

Jongin stops, finally, after he regards the obvious tent in Kyungsoo’s crotch area, and faces back up to Kyungsoo.

 

“If that was my punishment, I would start to mock you a lot more now,” Kyungsoo says between pants, lips red and swollen, hair plastered to his blushing face.

 

“Oh, but Sir Kyungsoo, that wasn’t your punishment.” Jongin sweetly says, “This is.”

 

And then Jongin does the unspeakable. Jongin tickles Kyungsoo. His long, slender fingers travel all over Kyungsoo’s body, tickling him and dodging the latter’s flailing arms and legs. “Jongin—Jongin, stop. Jongin, oh my god. Not the hips, Kim Jongin. Kim goddamn Jongin, stay away from the hips.” Kyungsoo whines in between giggles as Jongin reaches down to tickle to skin between Kyungsoo’s hipbones, his most ticklish spot.

 

Jongin grins as he stops tickling his husband, taking in the latter’s panting self, face red and body sprawled, starfished, under him, and he thinks he hasn’t seen Kyungsoo as beautiful as this.

 

“What?” Kyungsoo asks loudly, and Jongin snaps himself out of his reverie when he realises he’s been staring too long. He’s been doing that a lot lately, just admiring the beauty that is Kyungsoo. “What are you thinking?” Kyungsoo asks again, hands finding their way to cup Jongin’s face and stare into his eyes.

 

“Nothing much,” Jongin shrugs and flops down to rest his head on Kyungsoo’s chest. He smiles as he feels how erratic Kyungsoo’s heart beat is. “Just thinking about how a beauty like you could ever have fallen in love with an idiot like me.”

 

Jongin finds the position he is in to be quite comfortable, so he snuggles deeper into Kyungsoo, reveling in the warmth radiating from the love of his life. He begins to feel drowsy, his eyelids drooping and mouth opening up to let out a huge, long yawn. He hasn’t been getting much sleep these days.

 

And Jongin finds himself falling asleep, slowly but surely, and just as he finally closes his eyes, drifts off to dreamland, he barely makes out the whisper that Kyungsoo lets out. It was so soft, so quiet, that Jongin would have missed it had he been not paying attention. But it was Kyungsoo, and Jongin knew he would always be paying attention to Kyungsoo. Jongin smiles as he really, finally nods off.

 

“It wasn’t hard, you know. Falling in love with an idiot like you. It wasn’t hard at all.”