My New Stuff

Can We Keep Her?

I've always been curious about them. I've always wanted to learn everything I could about them. Now, I wish to be apart of them. The way they protect their village from danger and other villages.

The way they can change themselves from one person to another. The way they can think fast and find their way out of trouble almost as well as they could decieve. I was obsessed and I accepted that, but I never thought I would have the chance to be one of them and It all started at the monthly Timberland Concert.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The forest was buzzing with excitement as they made their way to the concert clearing in the center of the forest. The large weeping willow tree's leaves and branches acted as a thick curtain for the stage as the sun was setting, which gave the stage a beautiful orange purple glow.

Fox clan natives speaking to eachother about the new performance that will soon come as they climbed the trees for available seats since the clearing floor was completely full.

Each fox native has silver hair with fox ears and a fluffy silver tail to match. The children's ears twitching and tails wagging with joyful anticipation, asking their parents when the show will begin or talking amongst eachother about random topics

. As soon as everyone took their seats and the sun was almost out of sight, it was time to start the performance. A small brown hare that wore a cute little green vest that had the royal family emblem stitched onto it hopped onto the stage.

Once he was seen, the voices died down to complete silence so his small voice can be heard across the large clearing.

"Ahem . . . His royal highness, King Hisao!" Hisao enters dramatically to wild cheering from his adoring subjects and loud noble music playing to announce his presence.

He made his way towards the seat that was made especially for him. It was made from completely from natural amber. It took centuries of erosion on the giant stone to corrode itself down to size, but it was like magic that it that it formed itself into a beautiful narurally made chair.

The beautiful Golden red mixture complimented his dark brown skin nicely. King Hisao was wise beyond his years, stonger than any warrior in the forest. His Dark brown hair slowly turning white from aging gracefully.

When he smiled, you can still see the twinkle of a young spirit in his deep brown eyes. The music stopped as well as the applause.

"And presenting the distinguished court composer, Horatio Thelonious Ignatius pugnacious Takada!" Takada, a fairly small brown great horned owl, enters into the clearing gracefully flying through the air with mild applause.

He landed onto the spacious arm of the Kings throne. King Hisao smiled happily and looked towards his most trusted court musician and long time friend.

"I'm really looking forward to this performance, Takada."

"Oh, Your Majesty, this will be the finest concert I have ever conducted. Your daughters - they will be spectacular!" Takada spread his wings and fluttered them with overwelmed exuberance, causing him to slip from the arm of the smooth slippery surface of the chair.

"Yes, and especially my little Nana. This is her first performance, ever." Takada struggled to lift himself from behind the chair as he spoke.

"Yes, yes, she has the most beautiful voice. . . ." Takada spread his wings once again to fly to his position. once out of ear shot, he whispered in an irritated tone, "If only she'd show up for rehearsals once in a while. . . . " He proceeds to podium and pulls out a packet of music from his vest and rests it on the stand. He pulls out his baton and taps it upon the podium to gain the attention of his players and begins to direct his orchestra.

The music fills the clearing as the weeping willow branches were pulled apart to reveal 3 girls on the left side of the stage and an additional 3 girls on the right side of the stage, their heads hung low with a beautiful multi colored rose bush rested in the middle. Once their que came up, they all lifted their heads simultaniously and started singing.

 

"Ah, we are the daughters of Hisao.

Great father who loves us and named us well:

Ichi, Ni, San, shi, Go, Roku." Each girl said their named and gave their own little taste of their voice to the audience. Almost leaving the crowd as awe struck as ever.

King Hisao smiled proudly as his daughters danced across the stage and sang their hearts out. They made their way to the center of the stage. The rose bush slowly twirled and the girls continued to dance around the bush.

"And then there is the youngest in her musical debut,

Our seventh little sister, we're presenting her to you,

To sing a song Takada wrote, her voice can make you cry,

She's our sister, Na-aa- . . .

The rose bush opens to reveal that the star of the evening is absent causing the sisters to gasp in shock. Takada dropped his baton in fear as he fearfully looked towards King Hisao's seat. King hisao was furious now that the performance was ruined. He slowly stood from his chair as he muttered the name of his absent daughter with  animosity.

"Nana!!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I lifted my neatly ponytailed muti colored head from from behind the brush in excitement. I flipped my head to move some hair from my face I ducked a bit more as a ninja guard lazily walked by, checking the perimeter. Once he was gone I turned my attention back to the wall that covered the beautiful village that bred ninjas. 

I could hear my best friend Shinji, a small black fox with a silver tipped tail, call from a distance.BlackFox131.jpg

"Nana, wait for me..."

"Shinji, hurry up!" I called back impatiently. Soon, he caught up and hid in the brush with me.

"You know I can't run that fast."

"There it is." I said pointing towards the small hidden hole Shinji and I found about a year ago. We now use this hole to make our way in and out of the village unseen, but not always successful.

A ninja would spot us every now and again and we would always bearly escape with our lives, but that didn't stop me from coming back. "Isn't it fantastic?" I whispered as stared in awe. No matter how many times I come to this spot, I'm always so fasinated by the adventure that awaits me on the other side.

"Yeah . . . sure . . . it - it's great." Shinji answered nervously. "Now let's get outta here." He said turning tail and running in the opposite direction.

"You're not getting cold paws now, are you?" I said grabbing his tail and pulling him back. I ran to the covered hole and pressed myself against the wall. I looked aroung the area to see if any ninja saw me. Shinji followed me and searched the area as well.

"Who, me? No way. It's just, it, err . . . it looks - damp in there.

Yeah. And I think I may be coming down with something. Yeah, I've got this Allergy." Shinji starts to sneeze unconvincingly as I pushed the brush away from the hole to see if any ninja was on the other side. Seeing that the coast was clear, I spoke again.

"All right. I'm going inside. You can just stay here and - watch for Konaha ninjas." I go inside without another word.

"O.K. Yeah - you go. I'll stay and - what? Ninjas! Nana!" Shinji tried to jump into the hole, but alas, he was too short and too small. "Nana! . . . I can't . . . I mean - Nana help!" Shinji call to me. I poke my head back out of the hole and see shinji still trying to jump into the hole.

I giggle,"Oh, Shinji." I reached my hand out and pulled Shinji into the wall. He climbed onto my shoulder and anxiously whispered into my ear, "Nana, do you really think there might be Konana ninja around here?"

"Shinji, don't be such a puppy."

He pouted cutely in a slightly irritated manner,"I'm not a puppy." Shinji retorted. Feeling insulted, he hopped off my shoulder and started to wander around the barren clearing ground. It was clear no one was around so I went out into the opening.

Shinji started to calm himself down by rambling to himself, "This is great - I mean, I really love this. Excitement, adventure, danger lurking around every corn- YAAAAHHHHHHHH!! Nana!!"

I turned around to suddenly feel something soft yet heavy hit my chest and knock me to the ground. I look down to see Shinji shivering in fear in my arms. I look up to see that Shinji was frightened by the training idiot that was left on the field.

"Oh, are you okay?"

"Yeah sure, no problem, I'm okay..."

"Shhh..." I whispered pressing my index finger to my lips, looking beside me. I saw a small looking satchel that sat abandoned next to a short pole. My fox ears twitched with curiosity as I searched through the bag.

"Oh my gosh! Oh my gosh! Have you ever seen anything so wonderful in your entire life?" I said pulling out a small sharp object. It resembled the tip of a spear, but without the staff that goes with it. It was black and felt like metal. Shinji ran up to me to inspect it as well.

"Wow, cool! But, err, what is it?"

"I don't know. But I bet Bloo will." Putting the strange object in my bag, I continue to rummage through the bag.

"What was that? Did you hear something?" Shinji looked around the silent forest with a concerned feared look.

I didn't care for Shinji's paranoid ramblings when I found a strange set. "Hmm, I wonder what this one is?" I pulled out two small but perfectiy straight sticks and half of a hollow sphere.

"Nana . . ." Shinji whined.

"Shinji, will you relax. Nothing is going to happen." Suddenly, without warning, Shinji screamed bloody murder.

"AAHHHH!! Run!! Run!! We're gonna die!!" I turn around to see a ninja chasing after Shinji, whom was running towards me. I grabbed Shinji and ran straight into the forest ducking and dodging threw the brush, trying to escape the ninja that was gaining on us.

I took a really sharp turn towards the clearing but, the bag that held my new found things got caught in a tree. I ran back to retrieve it, but then the ninja jumped out and came at me with his hands ready to grab for me.

"Now, I've got you!" He shouted. Thinking fast, I moved out of the way and took hold of his jacket, twisting it over his head and around his back and tying it into a knot, completely restraining him.

I picked up my bag and sighed with relief and left for the exit as Shinji shows up and comes face to face with the incapitated ninja that struggled against his tied jacket. 

"You big bully. THBBBTTTT . . . " "GRAAHHH!" The ninja screamed in frustration as he wiggled wildly, trying to remove the restraints, scaring Shinji. He ran towards me to catch up, not wanting to stick around when the restraints did come loose.

I giggled, "Shinji, you really are a puppy."

"I am not."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Deep in the forest outside of Konaha, there's a swamp with a small island in the middle of it. A chipmunk holding a stick with the most unusual blue lines going down his back. She was an ex lacky for the konaha ninja, but then there was an accident with a bomb and he was tossed out the village.

My father found him, nursed him back to health and made him the protector of the swamp. He lost some of his mind in the explosion, but he couldn't of forgotten everything. That why I come to him with my new possessions to know what they are. I like to think of him as a silly wiseman.

Bloo jumped in alarm when the bushes on his left started to shake. He quickly jumped into an unstable attack stance. "Who goes there!" I come out of the brush,"Bloo, it's only me." Bloo relaxed himself. "Phew, I thought you were ninja trying to steal the resouces of this swamp. Alot of ninja are after it, you know?" Did I mention that my father exaggerated his job by alot.

I pulled out my bag and held it out.

"Bloo - look what we found."

"Yeah - we were in this sunken ship - it was really creepy." Shinji tried to explain, but Bloo interuppted him.

"Ninja stuff, huh? Hey, lemme see." He pulls out the sharp object. "Look at this. Wow - this is special - this is very, very unusual." I couldn't hold in my excitement with his vague explainations.

"What? What is it?" I asked excitedly as I leaned forward to make sure I heard every word.

"It's a cut and run! Ninjas use these little babies . . . to cut their hair out." Bloo pulled a random patch of hair from his head and started cutting away and it. "See - just a little yank here an' a slice there and - voiolay! You got an aesthetically pleasing configuration of hair that can make you change your appearance in seconds!" Bloo handed it to me so I could relish in the new knowlege I have with my new possession.

"A cut and run!" I said in wonder as I held the strand object in my hand.

"What about that one?" shinji asked, pointing to the hollow half sphere with the two sticks that came with it.

"Ah - this I haven't seen in years. This is wonderful! A banded, bulbous - tinker."

"Oohhh." Shinji and I looked to eachother in amazement.

"Now, the tinkers dates back to prehistorical times, when humans used to sit around, and stare at each other all day..." Bloo paused and shove his face into mine to put emphasis into the phrase."Got very boring. So, they invented the Tinkers to make fine music. Allow me."

Bloo picked up a stick in each hand and place the half sphere faced down. The moment he hit the stick to the tinker tong, one of the sticks got loose and ricocheted into his eye, But at this time I wasn't worried about bloo's eye, but at the realization that I forgot something.

"Music? Oh, the concert! Oh my gosh, my father's gonna kill me!" I exclaimed, gathering my new findings.

"The concert was today?"

"Maybe you could make a little planter out of it or somethin'." bloo said, still contemplating the tinker tong stick. I took the stick from his hand and placed it in my bag.

"Uh, I'm sorry, I've gotta go. Thank you Scuttle."  I ran towards the exit of the swamp and waved goodbye to him.

"Anytime sweetie, anytime." I heard Bloo shout at me in the distance. I ran as fast as I could to the Timberland Concert clearing.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Meanwhile, passed the wooded area, Far from konaha and the forest, dwelled a woman. She looked as young and kind as any other fox clan citizen, except she's evil. She practices and performs evil witch craft and was banished from the forest for all eternity. She stared deep into the wine glass of water that held a clear image of Nana rushing home.

"Yeeeeeees, hurry home, princess. We wouldn't want to miss old daddy's celebration, now, would we? Huh! Celebration indeed. Bah! In MY day, we had fantastical feasts when I lived in the palace." She reached a long nailed, wrinkled hand from under the table and picked up something from a sheet of stone that looked like some type of brittle and crunched into it.

"And now, look at me - wasted away to practically nothing - banished and exiled and practically starving, while he and his flimsy fox-folk celebrate. Well, I'll give 'em something to celebrate soon enough. Pain! Suffering! I want you to keep an extra close watch on this pretty little daughter of his. She may be the key to Hisao's undoing. . . ." She whispered as an evil grin spread across her face.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~`

okai, I hope this story branches out as much as smiling cheesecake

ENJOY!

\(^w^)/