I want to sleep with you.

I want to sleep with you~ [Non-rated]

 

A sharp rap on my door broke the silence of the night. I jumped in shock, nearly knocking my laptop over. Who was it at this time of night? My heartbeat grew faster as I crept towards the door and took a glance through the peephole. The tear-stained face of Jessica greeted me. Her eyes were red-rimmed. I flung the door open. Bruises & cuts covered her arms, face and body. Her dad, again?!

Can I come in?”, she murmured.

“Course you can.”

I wrapped my arms around her and pulled her inside.  I felt the tears run down her face freely and soak my shirt.

Isn’t everything alright? I thought you said he left. What happened? It hurts to see you like this. I missed you.”, I whispered to her.

“It isn’t.”

She looked up at me, her gaze fixed onto me. She hugged me more tightly than before. She looked so vulnerable, innocent, hurt. I wanted more than anything to be able to protect her, to be able to take care of her. To be able to make sure she isn’t hurt anymore.

Eventually, I let go of her. She held a light, shaking grip on my hand as I led her back into the dorm.  I squeezed her hand.

“Everything’s going to be alright now. I’m here.”

Gently, I turned her to face the window, the dark night sky covered with bright stars. I nudged it open, letting the cool night breeze brush over our faces. Okay, I won’t regret this, I won’t. I might never have another chance alone with her.

“Look up there at the stars. You’re looking into infinity. It’s an amazing sight, and it makes me wonder at times, if there are more important things than the numerous problems and worries which most people from different walks of life face daily.

Looking at the stars each night, they make you rethink everything. You can change things. You shouldn’t have to endure this suffering. You can do something about it. I can.

I love you, and I think maybe that’s more important. I want to protect you and keep you safe. I don’t want to see you hurt anymore.”

I took a deep breath, glancing back to look at her. Her face had no expression. It was one of those times, where she looked as though she was devoid or incapable of emotion.

Suddenly, she leaned towards me, put her arms around my waist and pecked my cheek. She then snuggled into my neck and held me close. The steady rising and falling movement of her breathing helped calm my beating heart. Does this mean that she accepts me?

We stayed in that position for a long time. After a while, I came out of my dazed state. I realized that she had fallen asleep in my arms. I lifted her off her feet and gently lay her down on my bed. I tossed off most of the pillows, and jumped onto the bed to squeeze next to her. I put my arms to hold her close to me and dragged the blanket over to cover us.

There was this blissful, happy silence. I loved her smile. We could just sort everything out in the morning. Now, everything could wait because I had her. I closed my eyes, slowly falling asleep, with my hand interlocked within her fingers.