Someone Like You

Someone Like You
Please log in to read the full chapter

Title: Someone Like You

Author: ilovesungyeollie

Pairing: VMin

Genre: Romance, Angst

~~*~~

A/N: hi everyone! Sorry for the delay but you know writer’s block and all. Anyways here it is! My first bts/vmin oneshot. I hope its okay huehue I mean.. I think I kinda diverged from my original idea towards the end lol.

But enjoy! And tell me your thoughts in the comment box!!

~~*~~

I heard that you’re settled down,

That you found a girl and you’re married now.

 

Taehyung stared at the phone in his hands for a good ten minutes before finally gathering up the nerve to dial. His heart pounded as he waited for the other to pick up, the dial tone ringing loudly against his ear.

“Hello?” A cheery voice greeted Taehyung.

“H-hey Jungkook.” Taehyung’s voice wobbled and he gulped to try to compose himself.

“Hi Taehyung. Are you alright?” Jungkook’s voice became serious as he sensed Taehyung’s distress.

“I guess.” Taehyung managed a short reply.

A few beats of silence passed before Jungkook spoke up again. “Did you need something?”

“I… Y-yeah.” Taehyung stuttered before stopping to try to steady his voice.

“H-how’s J-Jimin?”

More silence settled as Jungkook pondered how to answer Taehyung. “What do you want to know about him?”

“Everything.”

Taehyung listened with a heavily beating heart as Jungkook told him about all that had happened in Jimin’s life since that day Taehyung left it.

Jimin had fulfilled his dancing dreams, opening his own dance academy to pass on to children his passion and skills in dancing. He’d also found a girl, Jungkook said. A girl who was everything Jimin had ever wanted.

Taehyung’s heart twisted in his chest and his eyes burned, but no tears came out. He smiled slightly as Jungkook told him how happy Jimin was, with his job and his wife. Taehyung was glad. As long as Jimin was happy, the pain would be worth it.

“Taehyung-ah. Are you sure you want to do this?” Jungkook asked in concern as Taehyung’s voice broke while asking for Jimin’s address.

“Yes. I’ll be fine.” Taehyung’s voice was coming stronger now as he came to a decision.

“Alright. You should go within the next few days then. I think she’s on some trip, so it’ll be just Jimin at home.” Jungkook advised.

“Thanks Jungkook. Sorry for bothering you.” Taehyung replied gratefully.

Jungkook chuckled and shook his head, “It’s nothing. And plus, you’re not the only one who asks me stuff.”

Taehyung felt his heart stop for a second before starting up again at an alarming pace. “W-what do you mean.”

“Jimin asked about you as well.”

 

I heard that your dreams came true,

Guess she gave you things I didn’t give to you.

~~*~~

I hate to turn up out of the blue uninvited,

But I couldn’t stay away, I couldn’t fight it.

 

Taehyung swallowed nervously as he stood outside the cream metal fence that surrounded a cozy looking brick house. The front garden was groomed impeccably, with small hedges sticking to the outside walls of the house and multicolored roses scattered across the grass. A shiny red car was parked in the driveway, which Taehyung assumed to be Jimin’s.

The pebbles crunched beneath Taehyung’s shoes as he slowly made his way to the front porch of the house. Taking a deep breath, Taehyung steeled himself before he lifted his hand to knock on the wooden door. Seconds passed before Taehyung heard muffled footsteps and then the door was opening.

 

I had hoped you’d see my face and that you’d be reminded,

That for me it isn’t over.

 

Jimin lifted his head and froze in the middle of opening the door as he caught sight of the male standing at his doorstep. Taehyung, in his turn, felt his heart do flips as he finally saw the person he couldn’t stop loving.

“Taehyung…” Jimin’s voice barely came out in a whisper and trembled violently.

Taehyung smiled and answered just as softly. “Hey Jimin.”

Jimin was still frozen and could only stare at Taehyung with wide eyes as their history, their memories, everything, came pouring back. The happy times, the sad times and the time they were together. It all flashed in Jimin’s head like a movie.

After a while, Taehyung continued with a sm

Please log in to read the full chapter