My Awesome Life. Not.

Which One Is My Mr. Right?

~Your POV~ (You’re talking to the whole world)

I’m probably, not really being vain but just stating the mere fact, one of the prettiest and smartest girls in the entire world. I should be happy, right? I mean, boys drool over me, kids admire me, adults trust me. What more could I ask for? Nothing big really, just three words. FREEDOM TO LOVE.

I’m not really a fun of mushy love stories but still, I’m a girl, you know. I, too, want to experience my heart skipping a beat for someone, thinking of that someone over and over in a day, worrying over him, caring and stuff. That sounds really simple, doesn’t it? Anyone could do it and the world’s probably wondering why I can’t. Simple answer. I’M CURSED.

On the day I was born, my mom was warned that if I should happen to fall in love with a wrong guy, I will die. Meaning, I only have one chance at love. If the very first and only guy I fall in love with happens to be Mr. Right, we will live happily ever after. If he’s not, I die. Simple, isnt it? But come on, does that make any sense? It probably doesn’t. Except it actually does, in my world at least. Just because some fairy (yes, you read it right, I said fairy, they do exist) happened to be passing by on my place, spotted me, decided I was really pretty and smart, doesn’t mean she should curse me. But she did anyway. Which is why I am on my way now, looking totally unattractive, to this really big mansion where I’m supposed to find my one true love and end this curse forever.

You see, I’ve decided to tweak my appearance a bit. I mean it won’t really help my situation that I’m looking so pretty and stuff so I put on some really weird glasses, wore stupid clothes and this really weird wig. I looked quite epic actually. This should give the boys a surprise. You know, me being totally unattractive, their new housemate and new maid.

Yes. Maid. Not only will I hunt for Mr. Right but I will also be working for the supposed candidates at the same time. You see how much my life ?

And oh, I forgot, just to let you know, my curse has rules. Awesome, right? Not.

Rule # 1. Love and Crush/Admiration is different.

That means I am allowed to admire as many guys as I want so long as my feelings for them won’t turn into love. Because only one guy has the right to receive my love. And I’m telling you, whoever that guy is, he is one lucky dude.

I’m sure you can imagine how hard my life must have been. Because I’m sure you understand, that once you start admiring someone, like really-handsome-and-kind someone, it would be so hard not to fall in love with them, especially if that someone is very close to you. But I did it. Not to fall in love I mean. And now, I’m about to do it again. Because once I enter that mansion, I can’t just pick one of them and go “hey, you’re my Mr. Right, I’m gonna fall in love with you, ‘k?”. No, it wouldn’t be that easy at all.

Okay. Let’s proceed.

Rule # 2. Love isn’t necessarily associated with body contacts.

That means just because I kiss/hug/hold hands, etc. with someone doesn’t mean I’m in love with him. But that also doesn’t mean that I’ve already done all those things with someone. Honestly, I’ve only held hands and hugged and it was with my best friend and she was a girl. So there’s nothing really much in my love life. As if I had one, anyway.

Okay. Last rule.

If it should happen that my heart would suddenly beat so fast because of someone, that doesn’t necessarily mean that I’m falling in love with him. I’m not really sure how to explain this one but it’s what the fairy told me. Yes. The fairy and I talk a lot. We’re actually very friendly with each other. Not.

Anyway, if there is one thing that assures me that everything will be okay. It’s my judgement. You see, the fairy told me that the curse only applies to my feelings that are at my will. Meaning, the curse will only say that I’m falling in love if I’m saying I am. You get what I mean? As long as I say I’m not in love, then with the curse’s standards, I’m not in love. This probably explains the last rule. So even if my heart is beating so fast because of someone, as long as I believe that I’m not in love, then I’m not in love. And believe me, it’s hard to convince me that I’m in love. Because in the first place, I’ve never really been in love.

Such a complicated life, isn’t it?

Well, I’ve just reached the gates.

Alright. This is now or never.

...

The gate was really high and wide. The mansion was so huge. Just looking at it made me feel so small, how much more when I’m actually inside?

I looked around and saw no one. At least I thought there was no one. Because just as I was about to push the doorbell, a voice interrupted me.

“Hey miss. I live here. Do you need something?” he asked in this very polite tone.

And when I turned around, I could have sworn I felt my jaw drop slightly. He must’ve been the cutest guy I had ever seen. And I don’t know if this was a bad thing but 5 more cute guys were coming behind him. And not just the normal kind of cute – cute guys, but the drop-dead gorgeous kind of cute guys.

Wow, I think for once I’m actually in danger of falling in love. And not just with one guy, but 6 guys. And I'm not even inside the mansion yet. Who knows what's waiting for me there? But before that, I have to face this first.

 

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Sorry for the messy chapter. I made it in such a rush. I’m actually very sleepy right now. Anyway, I still hope you like it.^^. Comments and subscribe please. :)) .. I'll be updating soon...

For the old readers, I changed the last part a bit, but not much.