Sunset

Sunset
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Bold- they're speaking English.

This chapter has two things. It shifts from past to present. I hope my tenses are correct enough to let you know that.

I always thought that dig boys despite how untamed they were. But still I wasn't ready to marry an old man! I proposed to my father, an idea that I was sure he would reject at first. He loved me though so he had to succumb to the temptation of my happiness. Unlike when I asked for two Chanel purse I felt no guilt this time. It was after all to stop the marriage from happening; I could plan in between the time I get on WOW tour. 

I shoved in my luggage and sat down next to an olive skinned girl. She looked comfortable in that skin, it was Korea right? Don't they have plastic surgery to correct what they don't find ideal? Coming from America, I sure as hell wasn't Korean by heart. The only thing that made me Korean was my language and face. Not that I am those 'typical Korean in America' kid.

Her eyes fluttered open just when mine was about to shut. I like to dub myself Nobita and if I had to judge her, it would be definitely not Shizuka. When I first met her, it was clear by the way she was staring at my (non-existent) that she was a closet ert; not an honest ert. When she caught me looking at her she gave me a Cheshire grin.

That didn't bother me. Now back to what was happening in the worn out bus. She told me her name, Kwon Yuri and asked for my name. I gave it to her thinking of nothing much, "Jung Soo Jung,". I only wanted to sleep and I can't be forever alone right? She started a conversation with me. I noticed that not many people were talking to her or even looking at her. Was it because of her colour? She didn't look fazed by it though. 

Soon enough she made friends, faster than I slept. When I asked her why she was alone in the bus she told me that she ran away from her wedding. I sweat dropped. It was clear there was no racism, it was awkwardness produced by her white wedding dress. 

"Racism? Gurl, you from 'merica?" She asked me.

I frowned at her, “Why?" I wanted to ask her how she knew about it. I had no fcuking accent! If I did then I would be laughed at. Korea is, after all, a scary place. I've heard and read about those kind of but those were s. 

"Yes, they’re true but not everyone faces them. The mentality is changed, I hope so."

I would often stare at her natural colour and she would joke that I am being racist. During love making, her skin glistens like water during sunset. That was quite a coincidence seeing I met and confessed my love to her while watching sunset and that we kissed for the first time while it was setting. 

We're the sunset couple, Yo! It is something else that my eyes shut itself when it sets...

"You remember when we first met?" She asks me, playing with my blonde locks.

I nod my head, "Yeah, I do...you run away from your wedding and I was on a holiday to scheme things."

A wide smile spreads across her lips. She quickly tackles me on the bed and grins. I was confused at her action but curious too. I watched with keen attention as her gaze drops to my lips and she leans down. I turn my head in another direction, towards the window where the sun was about to set. 

"You remember what sunset means to us?" I asked her.

There was silence. I felt her shi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter