One More Time

Want To Want Me

Song link: https://youtu.be/FGBhQbmPwH8

 

 

 

"So...you blindfolded her and stole her first kiss?!"
 
Seulgi is in disbelief as Irene nods.
 
"I did." She looks extremely proud of herself. Oh my goodness. Seulgi wants to punch Irene in the face. The older girl has no idea what she did to Wendy.
 
"You idiot!" Seulgi yells as she clenches her fists, "Don't go kissing people at random!" 
 
Especially snatching people's first kisses. Wendy's, of all people.
 
"Oh? She didn't push me away though." Irene innocently blinks as she stares at the younger girl who can feel her veins pumping in her temple.
 
"Irene..." Seulgi places both of her hands on Irene's shoulder. "Show some consideration to Wendy. What was her reaction to your kiss?"
 
Irene blinks as she recalled Wendy being frozen in place and runs away afterwards. She hasn't seen her in the past few days too. Was her kiss that bad?
 
"Irene. This is only for a play. How do you not understand that a kiss can be faked, only from a certain angle?"
 
Seulgi sits on a chair and tries to calm herself down. She's in charge of directing the play and it's supposed to be performed in a few days. Two days from now to be exact.
 
And Wendy hasn't come to school. She'll be replaced if she doesn't come by tomorrow.
 
"So...what should I do?" Irene stares at Seulgi. She really doesn't understand why Seulgi is mad. A kiss in a play should be on the lips, right? Or has she been tricked by those study guides that teaches you how to properly kiss someone?
 
"You know, this is all your fault." Seulgi complains. If the play is a complete failure, she'll place all the blame on Irene. Everyone loves Irene anyway. Especially her fangirls.
 
She needs a solution, and fast so she doesn't get her reputation of being reliable as a play director ruined.
 
"Go to Wendy's house and apologize. You need to make up with her and now." Seulgi looks at Irene in the eye. "Make UP, not make OUT." She adds, in case Irene doesn't hear her correctly.
 
"And if I don't?"
 
Seulgi crosses her arms before doing a neck stretch to the right and cracks her knuckles.
 
"Oh ." Irene is suddenly freaking out.
 
The last time she ever had Seulgi injure her was when she was in middle school, and she received a black eye because she accidentally spilled juice on her precious Beyoncé CD collection.
 
"I'll be going now. Haha..." She trails off, and backs out the door of the classroom.
 
Seulgi is scary. She wonders how Joy can keep her on a leash. Joy is just as scary too. A scary couple.
 
 
 
 
Irene takes a deep breath as she finally finds Wendy's house, with the help of Seulgi of course,  and presses the doorbell.
 
The door doesn't open. No one is answering it.
 
"There's probably no one home." Irene sighs as she sits down on the doorsteps and looks around.
 
Wendy lives in a really nice neighborhood. Maybe she should leave if Wendy isn't home.
 
No way.
 
Seulgi will give her a rear end beating if she doesn't make amends with Wendy, which she really doesn't get why she needs to do that.
 
"It's so cold. I should break inside." Irene's mind works in a different way, an uncommon thing to see these days.
 
She looks up and examines the windows of Wendy's house until she stops at one that looks like  it could be the younger girl's because of the frilly curtain design.
 
She needs to climb up there. Maybe she should stay in there until Wendy comes home. It'll save her the trouble of waiting outside and getting through the greetings and introductions of people she doesn't know.
 
So she does that.
 
 
 
 
 
When Irene finally gets onto the roof of the first floor, she carefully uses the sharpened side of a key and cuts a giant circle before punching in the center of it and slips in with ease. Carefully, she places the piece of glass aside and looks up.
 
The room that she presumed to be Wendy's is indeed hers.
 
"Looks cozy and nice."
 
The room is simple, but describes a lot about the younger girl. There are music sheets on a stand in a corner. Her desk and shelves have a bunch of study guides and self help books stacked on top of each other. Pictures of her and her family members are placed on a drawer.
 
Wendy is definitely a talented and self driven individual, Irene notes.
 
Suddenly the sound of an engine comes up on Wendy's driveway, and Irene starts to panic. She needs to find a place where she can hide so Wendy doesn't freak out.
 
Under her desk? That's an obvious giveaway.
 
On her bed? A fast death wish.
 
In her closet? Bingo. The only place that can keep her hidden completely.
 
Suddenly, Irene feels like a burglar as she climbs into the closet and shuts the door. Dammit.
 
What if she gets caught? Oh well, she brought this on herself. She's going to have to get something out of this, and that something is Wendy's agreement to return back to school for the play.
 
She can hear footsteps and shuffling. Wendy has just entered her room.
 
Please don't open the closet. Please don't come here. Please don't.
 
Irene keeps her fingers crossed as she can see through a small crack between the two closet doors.
 
She can see Wendy's . Oh god. Wendy is changing. She is screwed. She is going to hell for this and she knows it. She covers her eyes so she doesn't ruin herself from seeing something that she shouldn't be seeing.
 
Wendy is walking towards the closet. Irene is already saying all her prayers.
 
What a short lived life, Bae Irene.
 
Finally, the closet opens and Irene immediately makes eye contact with Wendy.
 
An awkward second passes by.
 
"H...haha....hi?" Irene nervously gives a laugh as Wendy is about to scream at the top of her lungs.
 
Thankfully, Irene quickly predicts her reaction and covers before she exposes her position to her parents.
 
Somehow, Irene doesn't understand the concept of what Seulgi meant by apologizing.
 
"I...erm, I'm sorry about the kiss. Do you mind if we do that again? Your lips are really soft."
 
Irene goes straight to the point and doesn't seem to be aware of Wendy's stunned expression.
 
"Ah..erh...argh..." Wendy doesn't know what to say.
 
Irene is very honest and she finds that terrifying to witness.
 
"Is that a Yes?"
 
Peer pressure is weighing down on Wendy's shoulder.
 
She doesn't understand what, how and why Irene is doing this. How did she even get in her room? Why in the world is Irene intruding in her privacy and life? Questions keep forming in her mind.
 
Wendy tries to push them aside and gets straight to the point.
 
"I..." She trails off, "Don't know what you're trying to achieve here by hiding in my closest, but please leave." She is scared that Irene might steal another kiss from her.
 
Irene blinks. She can't leave empty handed. She doesn't plan to.
 
"Wait, please! I'm sorry that I kissed you, the people in the play needs you back by tomorrow!"
 
"Actually no." Irene corrects herself. "I'm not going to force you." She watches Wendy's reaction as she looks down. Wendy isn't exactly doing a good job covering herself up.
 
"Oh, and please wear a shirt too." She adds.
 
"...ahHH, STOP LOOKING HERE!!!" Wendy screams as she is suddenly self conscious about her current self.
 
Loud footsteps are heard.
 
Both girls start to panic because well, neither wants to get in trouble. Especially Irene. Her life is over if she gets caught. What if she ends up on the front page of the newspapers tomorrow?
 
"Quick! In the bed, now!"
 
Without thinking, Wendy yanks Irene into her bed and pulls the covers over their heads.
 
Irene's eyes are blurred as she sees Wendy's full upper half body for a millisecond and can feel her blood rushing into her face.
 
"Jesus CHRI-" Irene wants to say, Wendy's is aligned against hers.
 
Wendy elbows her in the hip, which in return Irene lets out a small yelp.
 
The door suddenly opens and Wendy sees her father looking at her worriedly.
 
"What's wrong Wendy?! I heard you scream just now!"
 
"Oh, no, there's nothing wrong here, Dad." She lets out a nervous laugh. Irene is totally dead.
 
"Are you sure?" Wendy's father looks around her room to check if things are really alright, and he was sure until he spots the gl that Irene has created.
 
"Hold on, who did this?!" He points, "Are you okay? Is that why you screamed earlier?"
 
Wendy gives a nervous chuckle as he feels something is out of place.
 
"Wendy, are you hiding something?" He is suspicious, and starts to walk up to Wendy who is still laying on the bed with a huge lump behind her.
 
"N-No Dad!" Wendy starts to stutter out of nervousness. She is going to murder Irene after this.
 
Speaking of Irene, she doesn't know what the girl is up to right now. She can only feel the fabric of Irene's shirt against her back.
 
Of course, Irene is suffocating under the covers.
 
Is Wendy that cold at night?!
 
She feels like she's in the Sahara desert. She can feel her heart thump nervously. It's all over if Wendy's father decides to pull the covers, which would both expose Wendy and Irene.
 
Screw my life. I only wanted to tell Wendy to return tomorrow. Is this the end?
 
Irene keeps her fingers crossed.
 
"Dad, please leave, I have to study now." Wendy seriously says, as her father continues to eye her with suspicions.
 
"Fine. Just don't scare me again." He says before leaving her bedroom.
 
And just like that, the crisis is over. They're both safe from danger.
 
Irene sighs to herself. It's a miracle. God listened to her prayers.
 
The covers are immediately thrown aside as Irene leaps off the bed to get some fresh air while Wendy immediately searches for the closest thing near her to wear.
 
Is Wendy going to slap her? She deserves it for sure. Breaking into her room. Invading her privacy. Nearly getting Wendy in trouble.
 
"Look, can you leave now?" Wendy scowls as Irene is nervously rubbing the back of her nape. 
 
She's sitting down with her legs crossed under her while Wendy is standing in front of her with her arms crossed.
 
"I nearly got in trouble because of you."
 
Wendy is probably preparing to attack me when I'm off guard, Irene thinks.
 
She flinches and shuts her eyes close tightly as Wendy's hand begins to shift up.
 
Wendy made up her mind already?! Please don't slap me too hard!
 
But the slap never comes.
 
"What are you shutting your eyes for?" Wendy sighs as she had finally put on a shirt, and hopefully her undergarment too.
 
"I'll return on one condition, though." She deals with Irene with ease. May as well just come back to school anyway. She can't keep hiding forever.
 
Irene's ears quickly perk up. "What?"
 
"You have to be responsible for kissing me without my permission." Wendy seems to have something up her sleeve. She already made up her mind as she eyed Irene from top to bottom.
 
This will be fun, she thinks, pretending to look clueless while tapping her chin.
 
"And?" Irene is very curious.
 
Maybe, this can be the start of a good friendship with Wendy.
 
Wendy lets out a smirk.
 
Irene stares.
 
This isn't good. That face screams of trouble.
 
"You have to be my slave for a month."
 
I'm dead meat.