Chapter 1

The Ferris Wheel (Version 2)

Sakurai Sho grumbled to himself as he trailed along behind his so called ‘friends’, Ohno Satoshi and Ninomiya Kazunari, who apparently did not know the proper social etiquette when it came to personal displays of affection.

Why they had dragged him along to the annual carnival as a third wheel, Sho had not the slightest clue. But all that Sho wanted to do was grab some take out and head home.

Sho cringed as Ninomiya squeezed Satoshi’s to get his attention.

“What do you say to riding the Ferris Wheel?” Nino questioned, whispering directly into the older man’s ear and nibbling it as he did so.

“Gross” Sho stated outright at the display shown by his two childhood friends.

“It’s okay Sho, you can come too” Satoshi joked, although one would most likely be unable to tell whether he was joking or not on account of his stoic expression.

“What? Me, going up there sandwiched between you two? I think not. And besides I think you’re forgetting I’m terrified of heights” Sho pointed out, folding his arms.

“Who said you would be coming with us? You’re going by yourself” Ninomiya stated like it was obvious.

“What? Why? No. No, I’m not going” Sho squeaked out, breaking his cool façade.

The thought of being alone so high up in the air inside an unstable hunk of metal frightened him to no end.

Ninomiya laughed at his friend.

“Fine, miss out on the fun then. You’re always so boring Sho” Nino joked, nudging him with a wink.

“We’ll be back Sho-kun” Satoshi said, wrapping his arms around Nino before the two stood in line for the Ferris wheel ride.

Sho huffed. Technically he could just drive home without them instead of waiting around but he liked to think he was a better friend than that.

As he stood off to the side he noticed a young man approach him. He was slightly taller than Sho, slightly messy brown hair and big round doe eyes. However, the concerning thing was the fact that he walked straight past the line and off to the side to stand directly next to Sho.

“Uh…” Sho said, shifting a bit awkwardly.

The other man grinned.

“You wanna come on the Ferris wheel with me? I have nobody to go up there with” the man asked, smiling happily.

“Well…uh…sure?” Sho replied, the shock and confusion of the situation forcing his brain to agree.

“Yeah! Let’s go!” The man said, grabbing Sho’s hand and whisking him into the last carriage just in the nick of time.

“My name’s Aiba Masaki” the stranger introduced himself.

“Oh, um… my name’s Sakurai Sho” Sho replied, nearly ting himself as the carriage they were in began to slowly lift off of the ground.

“This is going to be fun” The man known as Aiba said, peering over the edge as the carriage got higher from the ground.

Sho’s gut sank as it finally sank in. He was going to die…

He kept himself from looking down at all costs, so he ended up staring at the ceiling.

“Sakurai-san, are you okay?” Aiba Masaki questioned “You should look at the view. It’s nice!”

Aiba bounced up and down in his seat. He was probably excited.

The sudden movement caused the carriage to rock back and forth slightly.

“S-Stop that!” Sho freaked out, attempting to stabilise the carriage “You’re gonna kill us!”

Aiba stopped “Are you…scared?”

“I, uh… no” Sho stuttered, accidentally looking down in the process.

“Crap! We’re so high up” Sho said, his voice squeaking again.

He grabbed a hold on the bars so tight his knuckles went white as he squeezed his eyes shut.

“There’s nothing to be scared of Sakurai-san” Aiba spoke softly “If it was so dangerous, I’m sure they wouldn’t have let us up here”

Sho took a deep breath and loosened his grip, his eyes remained shut.

“I just want to go back down” Sho mumbled.

Aiba smiled, noticing they were almost back on solid ground.

The sort of masculine guy he randomly approached just moments ago looked so vulnerable with his eyes shut and his hands grasped around the bars like that.

Without a second thought, almost as if it were on impulse, he leant in and planted a soft quick kiss on the frightened man’s lips and almost instantly they were back on the ground.

Sho was shocked to say the least, forgetting about his fear of heights almost instantly. He didn’t know whether he felt violated or completely in love with this stranger.

As his eyes flew open almost seconds after the kiss, he was gone. He was back on the ground but the man, Aiba Masaki, had most likely ran off the moment the Ferris wheel stopped.

Sho was confused.

As he stepped out of the carriage and looked around he couldn’t see him at all. He did spot Satoshi and Kazunari nearby though.

“Sho? I thought you were scared of heights?” Satoshi said as Sho approached the two.

“I am” Sho replied, a little out of it.

“What the hell happened?” Nino interrogated, the look on Sho’s face was a look he had never seen before.

“I think… someone violated me” Sho’s eyes widened “But… I kind of liked it”

“Umm…” Ninomiya said “What?”

“Someone dragged me on the Ferris wheel with them and I was freaking the hell out, we were gonna die! And then he kissed me and ran away” Sho said in one breath.

“…” Satoshi said.

Nino just laughed.

“What?” Sho said, sounding offended.

“We need to find this guy Sho. You’re so boring, you need to get laid” Nino continued once the laughing subsided.

Satoshi nodded in agreement.

Sho shook his head “I’m not boring and I’m hungry. We should eat first”

 

The End